Cleethorpes 2004

I would like to thank all entries to the 2004 quiz at Cleethorpes for putting the wrong answers on their sheets thus allowing my team to come first:-) I even managed a few celebratory drinks Sunday night without any nasty side effects.

Big thanks to Chalky for being a smarty pants, and Jessica for being Jessica LOL

Janine

x

• Replies 85
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Johnny One Trout

I still would like to express my disapointment in Jessica refusing to sing the Star Spangled Banner in recognition of your great victory ;o))

Johnners

BTW what a top weekend that was......i think ;o)

Did you hear Jessica sing it last year? She sounded like a 5 year old brat with tonsillitis, I got Steve Heinsen to video it (she had no idea) but still not seen a copy

I still would like to express my disapointment in Jessica refusing to sing the Star Spangled Banner in recognition of your great victory ;o))

Johnners

BTW what a top weekend that was......i think ;o)

I thought it was the Star Spangled Spanner she attempted to sing last year LOL

Guest Johnny One Trout

That's OK Ady when i played it back in my head i couldn't understand it either i was Very Very Very drunk ;o)

John

Guest Johnny One Trout

You mean the one i fell asleep using as a pillow?????

Yeah i know you did but not one of them was mine hun so it doesn't really count ;o))

Don't you get extra points for lighters with designs on them???

John

Guest Johnny One Trout

I'm sure i don't know what you're talking about, the one i have has Winston written all over it so i expect you stole it anyway. Anyway you shouldn't give it out if you can't take it back ;o)) So there with great big knobs on ;oP

John

I got the Winston lighter from Fergies 50th party, I cleared the table of them in about 5 seconds, sadly two of the lighters I got didnt work LOL. And you know what one im on about, the one Andy Dyson bought me back from his holiday!

Guest Johnny One Trout

I remember seeing it in your van through your clenched fist, but pretty much everything after that is a blur. You really should look after your things with more care, perhaps if you had them engraved that would solve the problem or you could, and this is a long shot, stop stealing other peoples lighters then perhaps you would be able to keep hold of yours for longer :o0

John

Janine, i was with the Hinckley Quiz masters, and thought that we were robbed, obviously the whole thing was rigged, and as such i am never attending another Cleethorpes. Dave Rimmer and Roger Banks are without doubt a part of this foul and heinous scam, and i for one will never buy another record from any of these scoundrels.............

A very jealous member of the Hinckley collective..........(Honourary Sheffield member)

(well done really Janine........all good fun)

Janine, i was with the Hinckley Quiz masters, and thought  that we were robbed, obviously the whole thing was rigged, and as such i am never attending another Cleethorpes. Dave Rimmer and Roger Banks are without doubt a part of this foul and heinous scam, and i for one will never buy another record from any of these scoundrels.............

A very jealous member of the Hinckley collective..........(Honourary Sheffield member)

(well done  really Janine........all good fun)

Ha ha ha... is that the Brett I know and love? I thought you were a forgiving man, one of the last Gentlemen full of chivalry HeeHaw.gif

Nice to meet you on the Sunday Janine, even with the glowing inanimate object wedged in your mouth birgits_giggle.gif

If Janine had succeeded in her feeble attempts at bribery the quiz might have been fixed, but all she offered was a hand drawn card saying I was her favourite DJ, and a fiver !

Do you think I'd lower myself to cheating for a measly fiver !!!!!!

Twenty quid and you might have stood a chance, but a fiver !!!!!!!!!!

Roger and I thought the quiz was quite a hard one this year, well at least the sensible questions were, so all credit to Chalky and Jessica for getting so many questions right, and to Janine for claiming she knew the answers as well :-)

Nice to meet you on the Sunday Janine, even with the glowing inanimate object wedged in your mouth

WAs nice to finally meet you too, those glow sticks attracted the biggest moth I have ever seen, we were all waving our hands about trying toget the bugger for about half an hour as it wouldnt leave us alone LOL

The quiz was bloody hard this year! And after coming 2nd and 3rd for the past 3 years it just goes to show I finally buckled down and did some homework since the last cleethorpes ;-) Honestly made easier though by the fact I have been collecting more seriously the past year as well

Guest micksmith

AFTER READING THE PREVIOUS REPLY'S IT LOOK'S LIKE THE QUIZ WAS A MORE IMPORTANT TOPIC THAN THE WEEK-ENDER. NOBODY'S MENTIONED HOW GOOD THE DIPLAMATS WERE. THEY SUNG THE 2 WELL KNOWN NORTHERN TUNES BETTER THAN THE VINYL. TO ME THE WEEK-ENDER WAS AS GOOD AS ANY OTHER. I GUESS I'M FROM THE OL SCHOOL WERE I APPRECIATE A GOOD VOCAL GROUP TO A QUIZ. I'LL HAVE A WORD WITH ADY ABOUT NEXT YEAR NO ARTISTS JUST QUIZES ALL WEEK-END. WON'T THAT BE WONDERFUL. LOADS MORE TO SAY BUT HAY WHY BOTHER-I'M AWAY FOR 2 WEEKS WITH A BOOK ON SOUL QUIZES-AWAITING NEXT YEAR.

A FINAL THANKYOU TO ADY & SYLVIA-BLOODY GREAT.

Guest micksmith

THAT'S RIGHT KICK A MAN WHEN HE'S JUST FELL OUT OF BED.

JUST READ MIKES REVIEW 'BOUT RIGHT. SO THAT'S 2/3 REVIEWS NOW. STILL LETS REVIEW THE QUIZ DAVE???????????????????????????

Guest Johnny One Trout

The only reason i can remember the quizz is that Janine hasn't shut up about it i wasn't even there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was tucked up in bed as the previous nights festivities didn't finish until noon on the sunday.

Basically i can't remember so it must have been good!!!!!

wasn't i waffling to you on Sunday you grumpy owd bugger or was that someone else altogether?????

The Group were great not too long not too short just right IMO and i can remember most of that as we hadn't been out long then ;o))

A SUPERB WEEKEND IMVFHO

Johnnners

Guest micksmith

WELL DONE JOHNNY. I'M SORRY I DIDN'T CHAT FOR VERY LONG-BUT I HAD TO SELL SOME VINYL-GOTTA MAKE A LIVIN'. I'M NOT NORMALLY GRUMPY-JUST LAID BACK.

WE'RE ACTUALLY GETTIN' SOME RESPONSE NOW ON THE WEEK-ENDER.

KEEP IT COMING.

Well what a weekend, exellent as always Sunday night was just superb especially Mick dancing to you're ready now (see i do remember) i think i may need a new liver and i still havent got my voice back but hey thats Cleethorpes well done to Ady & Sylv and heres to next year! ;-) xxx

Guest micksmith

SOUL GIRL-YES I DID READ YOUR REVIEW AND BLOODY GOOD IT WAS AS WELL.

LOUISE-I'LL ALWAYS DANCE TO A CLASSIC YOU WERE PRETTY GOOD YOURSELF WE DON'T NEED NO 7TS JUST PURE NORTHERN SOUL.

Soul Girl...........thanks for the mention in the review and I can confirm it was definitely the sunday that you visited the Irish caravan........

Can I just say a big thanks too, to Mick, Adey and the rest of the boys for drinking our beer on mun night/mon morning.........

Cheers boys

John

Guest Johnny One Trout

LOUISE-I'LL ALWAYS DANCE TO A CLASSIC YOU WERE PRETTY GOOD YOURSELF WE DON'T NEED NO 7TS JUST PURE NORTHERN SOUL.

Harummmph!!!! ;o(((

John

Guest Johnny One Trout

Soul Girl...........thanks for the mention in the review and I can confirm it was definitely the sunday that you visited the Irish caravan........

Can I just say a big thanks too, to Mick, Adey and the rest of the boys for drinking our beer on mun night/mon morning.........

Cheers boys

John

Here you aren't the cheeky bleeder that came around to our van with Jess to see if you could borrow our CD player leaving us in silence are you?????

Had to laugh but what were you thinking really????

John

Oi grumpy old man! I always do a review of the weekender, I have some notes about stuff ready to put together, but as always it won't interest many, probably just the one's I spent the weekend with, as for the group, it's a well known fact I don't like live acts, I would rather keep quiet than slag off someones efforts on that score, in the past my reviews of the act's have only included one word ;-))))

Also this thread was not about the weekender itself only about winning the quiz, im sure as people recover the weekender reviews will be coming in thick and fast.... as will mine and it will be including someone's efforts to "jive" on Sunday night teehee

Off to collect my cousin from Heathrow, and will try to get my review finished by tomorrow, I will be expecting marks out of 10 for it :-)

Agreed, your deffo the man Mick :-)

Here you aren't the cheeky bleeder that came around to our van with Jess to see if you could borrow our CD player leaving us in silence are you?????

Had to laugh but what were you thinking really????

John

Not guilty meself !!!!!!!!! Although it could well have been one of the others as Jess was definitely in the caravan for a good while.........

Not sure why a CD player was needed........we had a player and plenty of vinyl!!

Might have been Paul as he tends to dabble with the dark side.........modern that is!!!!!

John

Guest taffy

DIDN'T ANYONE ON THIS SITE VISIT THE MODERN ROOM?I THOUGHT LAST YEAR WAS GOING TO BE IMPOSSIBLE TO BEAT BUT THEY DID IT ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT,PACKED FRIDAY,SATURDAY AND SUNDAY.WELL DONE TERRY,IVOR,ADAM AND THE REST OF THE GANG WE'LL NEED A BIGGER ROOM NEXT YEAR.

TAFF

Guest Johnny One Trout

The name Paul does ring a bell now that you mention it ;o)) I mean we playing the thing at a decent volume so he could tell we were using it surely LOL I'm sure that Jess couldn't have known that he intended to play modern on it though as i'm sure that is what chased her out of our/her own van (well you know 70's not strictly modden eh) LOL ;o))))

John

Guest Johnny One Trout

I spent most of the weekend in there Taffy apart from Sunday night as to be honest i couldn't hack the Caister vibe that was going down when we walked in so we trotted off to the Northern room WHICH WAS LESS CHEESY !!!!!!! ;O))))))

John

DIDN'T ANYONE ON THIS SITE VISIT THE MODERN ROOM?I THOUGHT LAST YEAR WAS GOING TO BE IMPOSSIBLE TO BEAT BUT THEY DID IT ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT,PACKED FRIDAY,SATURDAY AND SUNDAY.WELL DONE TERRY,IVOR,ADAM AND THE REST OF THE GANG WE'LL NEED A BIGGER ROOM NEXT YEAR.

TAFF

What Modern room ?

Guest SteveC

Yes, but only if you were trying deliberately to get them all wrong !

That was "Dave Flynns toggle getters" team Dave. Didn't they do terribly ;-)))

TAFF

Modern room! where was that then? and more to the point why??? Thought it was a soul weekender ;-))))))