St Pat's Plumstead-19Th Feb 2011

Kev Moore

Hi Dave, thanks for looking. Do you have any obscure disco? I wouldn't really class the Moments or Tavares as disco, just 70's soul.

PM me the kinda groups/tracks you're looking for and I'll let you know for sure.

:thumbsup:

Nick - hope you and Dawn are well...best of luck with this night.

'Right line-up, right room, right crowd - what more could you ask for!'...how about a cheap flight and taxi from Heathrow?!

:D

• Replies 139
  • Views 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

PM me the kinda groups/tracks you're looking for and I'll let you know for sure.

thumbup.gif

Thanks Dave, I'll pm you later. Kev says the hire charge for London rickshaws has gone through the roof. Sorry Dave I tried! :thumbsup:

Edited by Imogen

Hi Nick I did a bit of digging on the tunes I don't know and could find soundfiles for.:D

Jackie Lee - Wanted And Needed (C/U)

Ernie Wheelwright - In Your Arms (Gaye)

Pic & Bill - What Does It Take (Charay)

Billy Miranda - You Could Have Had A Good Thing Going (Queens)

Anita Anderson - Little Bit Longer (Contact)

King Sound Interpreters - You've Got Soul (Talent Of Music)

Ernie & Ed - Indication (Jay Boy)

Houston Outlaws - Ain't No Telling

Dolls - The Reason Why (Toy)

Dee Clark - She's My Baby (Constellation)

Doc & The Interns - The Love That You Give (Unissued) Not heard this Nick but I hope it's half as good as 'Baby I Know'

Mr Percolator - Burning Up For Your Love (Wax Wel) (Pearlstine Badger) Bit of a Ted Taylor kind of lisp on his vocal Nick. I like it. It should set the place alight.:thumbsup::lol:

Rochelles Tear Drops (Spacey) Nice earthy early girlie - Pain in my heart -I'm wondering what year?? another winner I think.:thumbsup:

Dynamite Singletary - The Same Way You Love Your Man (Dynamite).

I think your set will go down really well.:hatsoff2:

Kev

Edited by Kev Moore

Hi Nick I did a bit of digging on the tunes I don't know and could find soundfiles for.:hatsoff2:

Doc & The Interns - The Love That You Give (Unissued) Not heard this Nick but I hope it's half as good as 'Baby I Know'

Kev,

I couldn't get the link on the Scenesville website to work, so I've uploaded a clip of the Doc /Interns to Refosoul on here, under the name "The Love that You Give" in Soul Clips. It's the first time I've done this, so I've had a try at linking to it, but won't know till I post whether it's worked! If I flunk, just check it out on Refosoul - it should let you know what to expect.

I'll see if I can sort any of the others out as soundclips as well.

Cheers,

Nick

Looking forward to this...should be a cracking night....roll on Saturday!

Mark

Nothing up there yet Nick?

Will be good to have a :hatsoff2: or two with you and Emma Mark. See you tomorrow for a night of Stonkin' Northern!

Best

Kev

...and can I say thanks to all the people who have phoned or e-mailed with words of encouragement. It's much appreciated.

Thank you

Kev

Edited by Kev Moore

Nothing up there yet Nick?

Kev

Kev,

Yeah, looks like the linking attempt didn't work! If you go via the Refosoul tab at the top of the screen it's currently one of the ones that shows up as most recent additions. If someone adds something new and it gets bumped down before you read this, just search for "The Love That You Give" when you're in Refosoul.

Good luck mate!

Cheers,

Nick

Hi All,

Records for tomorrow squeezed into my box, barring any last minute changes!

Looking forward to catching up and a beer or three.

Expect to hear anything from this bunch, Al Williams, Tamala Lewis, Little Tony Talent, Keith Curtiss, Tony Mathews, Mel Wynn, Bobby Sanders, Ray Agee, Duke & Leonard, Pat Lewis, Tokays, Ascots and anything Jet wants to hear on the night!

Hi All,

Expect to hear anything from this bunch, Al Williams, Tamala Lewis, Little Tony Talent, Keith Curtiss, Tony Mathews, Mel Wynn, Bobby Sanders, Ray Agee, Duke & Leonard, Pat Lewis, Tokays, Ascots and anything Jet wants to hear on the night!

Will be good to see you & jet :lol: its been a while :wave:

Hi All,

:wave:

Regards,

Dave

Guest Little Ian!

Kev,

Might bring sales, might not, maybe just a small box as I'll be bringing the main one to use for the set and I don't want to be puffing meself out too much lugging loads of boxes around!

Anyway, I am looking forward to this gig in a really big way, as I think the other DJs on the line-up are really going to deliver. I remember hearing Dave at the birthday do, and he picked a really good set which mixed some real pieces of quality (Poets on J2, Guitar Ray kind of thing) with some really walloping heavyweight classics (the "Wanted in Three States" kind of thing) that should really burn up the dancefloor. I remember being really impressed with the mix of selections, and a bit frustrated that I couldn't dance because of a knackered ankle! Tony has been one of the foremost DJ/collectors in London for as long as I can remember, Ian has been a stalwart DJ and promoter around the South East London area for ages and has not only been picking up some very interesting to put them together in a set,things lately, but also knows how and Kev has clearly done the thing every promoter should do, which is to put a lot of thought into formulating a really well-defined view of what character his night should have - and that's the secret to a really good night.

As for what I'm planning to play, I'm hoping to try and get an imaginative, fresh and fun mix of old faves, complete unknowns and creative picks, which might involve some of the following:

Jackie Lee - Wanted And Needed (C/U)

Ernie Wheelwright - In Your Arms (Gaye)

Pic & Bill - What Does It Take (Charay)

Billy Miranda - You Could Have Had A Good Thing Going (Queens)

Anita Anderson - Little Bit Longer (Contact)

King Sound Interpreters - You've Got Soul (Talent Of Music)

Ernie & Ed - Indication (Jay Boy)

Houston Outlaws - Ain't No Telling

Dolls - The Reason Why (Toy)

Dee Clark - She's My Baby (Constellation)

Doc & The Interns - The Love That You Give (Unissued)

Mr Percolator - Burning Up For Your Love (Wax Wel)

Rochelles Tear Drops (Spacey)

Dynamite Singletary - The Same Way You Love Your Man (Dynamite).

I don't think I've got time to put soundfiles up, but I think you can check some of these out on a six-pack (as "Nick Brown", I would guess, or maybe "Driveller") that should be on Soul Source somewhere, or via the old Scenesville site, which still exists, although some of the links may be broken. I've just had a look at the Scenesville one (go to www.Scenesville.info and pick the "sound gallery" link after entering the site), and you can certainly hear the the Dynamite Singletary and Pic & Bill tracks, maybe some others too.

I'm getting really excited about this gig, and last 100 Club, I was struck by just how many people told me they were looking forward to going, so it's shaping up to be a real stormer. The room is great (retro feel, great dancefloor and drinks at social club prices), and ony about a 15/20-minute drive from Boogaloo in Greenwich, so if you can get to that, you should be able to get to Plumstead no sweat.

Right line-up, right room, right crowd - what more could you ask for!

See you at the go go!

Nick

All looks good Nick.

If you need a lift with your boxes give me a call

Ian

Hi All,

What can I say Tony. You always come up with the goods :yes: . Does what it says on the tin.

Tomorrow.....:thumbsup::thumbup::thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Bestest

Kev

Guest kent soul club

This is going to be a great night by the sound of it.yes.gif

Can't make it myself, as got commitments elsewhere - best of luck with it Kev and Ian :thumbsup:

Magoo

This is going to be a great night by the sound of it.:yes:

Can't make it myself, as got commitments elsewhere - best of luck with it Kev and Ian :thumbsup:

Magoo

Thanks Martin. Sorry you can't make this. I'll catch up with you later.

Julie should be at the airport now picking dave up. Hope they get the right Terminal!

JD at the ready Dave thumbsup.gif

Saw Nick at SHS last night and he's on form.:thumbsup:

I'm off to set up the sound system..........See you tonight!

Best

Kev

Guest colin brown

Glad to see you have got Tony Smith on.Is this going to a regular do Kev,as when I am in Town,I would like to come along.

See you at Prestatyn,Mate.

Glad to see you have got Tony Smith on.Is this going to a regular do Kev,as when I am in Town,I would like to come along.

See you at Prestatyn,Mate.

Morning Colin. Gonna be good to hear Tony play tonight...as with the rest of the collectors. Could make it a semi-regular thing. I want to see how tonight goes first though, however it's shaping up nicely.

Saw Chris Dalton last night and he's ok with the Prestayn arrangements :thumbsup:

Thanks for the kind message.

See you ina coupla weeks.

Best

Kev

Thanks Martin. Sorry you can't make this. I'll catch up with you later.

Julie should be at the airport now picking dave up. Hope they get the right Terminal!

JD at the ready Dave :thumbsup:

Saw Nick at SHS last night and he's on form.:lol:

I'm off to set up the sound system..........See you tonight!

Best

Kev

Back from airport :lol:

beef stew & dumps for dinner

See you about 4 Kev

Julie xxxx

Thanks for the Cd Kev...some good stuff on there for sure. See you and Pam tonight.

Best Kev

Have a good night everyone ......after the alcoholic excess at Solid Hit last night & a footie beer with the boys tonight I'll probably be fast asleep by the time dancing commences :thumbsup:

Thanks for the Cd Kev...some good stuff on there for sure. See you and Pam tonight.

Best Kev

:lol: You're welcome Kev. See you in a few hours courtesy of the Bearsy Express!

No lightweights in this household Mr Greenhill ( 3 nites + 1 niter in 9 days - if I survive, lol).

:thumbsup: - Kev

P.S.. If anyone has "Grier Brothers...Weeping Baby All The Time" for sale, bring it along and give me a shout. :lol:

Edited by KevinKent

thumbsup.gif You're welcome Kev. See you in a few hours courtesy of the Bearsy Express!

No lightweights in this household Mr Greenhill ( 3 nites + 1 niter in 9 days - if I survive, lol).

:thumbsup: - Kev

P.S.. If anyone has "Grier Brothers...Weeping Baby All The Time" for sale, bring it along and give me a shout. :yes:

Hi Kev, thanks for that cd. I enjoyed dancing to it this morning in the kitchen!

Not long now to go. Will see you all down there.

Imogen x :D

Sorry I think I posted in the wrong place please could moderators move it to lookbacks

Firstly, a big thank you to everyone that came down to Plumstead last night to support the first night. Some people travelled a long way for this and respect is due can't name everyone but here goes. . Steve and Charmaine great to see you again, thanks for making the trip up. Charmaine your smile at the end was something else! Kev and Pam. Nik and Chad (Southend's finest- Mr Mcawber!) That was a good after party.Yes! Thanks to the lads that came all the way from Bath with Barry catch you later. Chris Dalton I hope you took my advice and painted Upton Park Claret and Blue!

It was really good to see so many friends from North London crossing the Thames for this one as well. Ed & Karen. You always make me laugh Ed. Chirpy chap.

Rajan, Shil, Isolde and Darshna. Martin, bon voyage, good digging down under and we'll see you at the wedding. It was a nice suprise that Charles came and linked up with you again, You'll be missed by all. If you can send me the Ronnie McNeir back I'd be very happy.:D .

Glad you made it Brian. It was good to see you. We'll see you at THE NEW MAJESTIC SOUL

:yes: The lovely Leda. I know you had a ball. I told you!

Nice to see you on the dancefloor Warren.

All the sets were great. I wish I had half your collections. No all of them, I'm jealous but it was great to dance to them.

Some nice bits Ian but no more of that bloody popcorn though please!

The music was really solid and each of the dj's brought a touch of individuality from their collections.

Dawn your dad is so nice it was great to meet him. Thank you.

It was a big big pleasure to see Nick Brown back in a good place and boy can you move.

Never stop collecting Tony. That Tony has some Talent!

The biggest nod goes to Dave Moore. It was a long haul for you and believe me you did it.

All in it was on the tin...a Northern do in South London. Well done everyone.

Round two.....WATCH THIS SPACE.

Best

Kev

Edited by Kev Moore

just sitting here waiting for Bearsy, cant wait for his company cos not only do i admire him more than anyone i admire his taste in music and the fact he is soo good looking a great dancer he is if i coud relive my youth again be the man i would mould myself on :lol::yes: i love that man he is simply the best :yes:

see you all soon

:D :D Thankyou Mr Bear!

Remind me to sign out next time you're let loose on my computer.

Edited by KevinKent