Oxford Soul Club 4Th Anniversary

What a Fantastic Night!!!

A big thank you to Del, Maz & Steve for putting this little club together 4 years ago.:thumbsup:

Great to see so many friends old and new. :lol:

Thanks to everyone who traveled and made the 4th anniv one of the best OSC events ever.:lol:

Brilliant sets from Tezz, Jon, Charlie, Maz & Jo Wallace you are a star!!!:lol:

Already looking forward to February 4th when Guido and Marcus from Soul-A-Rama Bremen- Germany. Will be adding a

continental touch to the event. Top blokes the pair of them with some awesome tunes....Don't Miss It :yes:

Mel thanks for the log...:lol:

• Replies 23
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest soul elite

What an amazing nite!! peeps on the dancefloor before 8pm when the doors officially open :thumbsup: ..... Couldn't possibly get a better accolade than that :lol:

A massive well done to all the Lads :lol:

We had a fantastic nite!:lol: :lol: :yes:

Great to see you Katrina ....I'm just nipping out for a fag :lol:...put the brakes on the wheels of justice and come and join me :lol:

What an amazing nite!! peeps on the dancefloor before 8pm when the doors officially open :thumbsup: ..... Couldn't possibly get a better accolade than that :lol:

A massive well done to all the Lads :lol:

We had a fantastic nite!:yes: :yes: :yes:

Guest soul elite

Great to see you Katrina ....I'm just nipping out for a fag :lol:...put the brakes on the wheels of justice and come and join me :lol:

Hi Ritchie, Yeah good to see you too :lol: We are going to have to synchronise our 'ciggy breaks' better than this!!:thumbsup: Though don't think the Judge's would be very sympathetic to the cause :yes::lol: XXX

What an amazing nite!! peeps on the dancefloor before 8pm when the doors officially open :thumbup: ..... Couldn't possibly get a better accolade than that :hypo:

A massive well done to all the Lads :wicked:

We had a fantastic nite!biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Being known for my self-critisism and self-doubt,

Yes, I can say it was,

a FANTASTIC night !!!!!

Many, MANY thanks to all our friends, old and new, that came to Oxford on Saturday and shared our Anniversary.

Filled early and everyone 'up for it' staight away,

Great music, just love dancing to it,

Great dancing, just love watching it,

Great people, just love talking to them.

It don't get much better.

Plenty of 'newbies' dipping their toes in the scene and from what they said to us, loving it !!!

Someone said to me that they didn't even know that this sort of thing existed, let alone in Oxford. (heard about it on Radio Oxford)

Maybe from little acorns??

BIG thank you to Jo Wallace, always does the business, a Great 'showperson'. hahahaha

Thanks again everyone, "You've made this 'old' man very happy"

We will see you next year starting on:

SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 5TH. 2011 with GUIDO (G-Man, SOUL-A-RAMA WEEK-ENDER, BREMEN, GERMANY)

Del.

for:

Steve Maz and Del.

Oxford Soul Club

post-7901-0-19436900-1292275934_thumb.jp

Guest mellytee

Who ate all the pies????......... and sweets??? and Lollies????laugh.gif What a fab night was had at Oxford, but hey we all knew we would!! lots and friends and new friends made on the night. Apologies to those who were not on the Choccie list; play your cards right and you might be on it next year LOL yes.gif Great music all night and lovely christmas feeling with everyone smiling and dancing.....and some eating??!!

Ritchie - should have got you a christmas pudding too, as clearly the 'log' tickled your fancy !!!:thumbup::wicked: Well Merry Christmas to everyone who attended and lovely to see you and all the nubies;be there in 2011 :hypo:

Lots of love

Mel xxxx

Hi Guys

Just wanted to say a massive thank you to everybody in Oxford,we had a fantastic night,

great people

great music

but most of all i would like to say thank for all the lovely comments given to or about our son who didnt really get off the dance floor , he has only been to our lovely Hemel do so was a bit nervous and at 16 it can be a bit daunting going to a do where you dont know the people or if you will be welcomed as he has read some of the threads on soul source re:youngsters and events, Surfice to say he had a fab time and thanks again for your kindness

Thanks also to the lovely Yogi for introducing us to Oxford

Guest soul elite

Hi Guys

Just wanted to say a massive thank you to everybody in Oxford,we had a fantastic night,

great people

great music

but most of all i would like to say thank for all the lovely comments given to or about our son who didnt really get off the dance floor , he has only been to our lovely Hemel do so was a bit nervous and at 16 it can be a bit daunting going to a do where you dont know the people or if you will be welcomed as he has read some of the threads on soul source re:youngsters and events, Surfice to say he had a fab time and thanks again for your kindness

Great to see your lad there so full of enthusiasm and appreciation for God's owns music!! haha. Good to meet you peeps awell biggrin.gifhatsoff2.gif

[Thanks also to the lovely Yogi for introducing us to Oxford

Kay, you are more than welcome!

Always easy to recommend Oxford as a venue. As has been said many times, great people, fantastic floor and classic sounds.

Another tremendous night boys - well done. thumbsup.gif

Maz, you could have smiled for your photo though!!!

Happy Xmas evryone

Cheers

Yogi

Guest soul elite

[Hey Yogi... Hope Father Christmas brings you lots of 'Support Aids':yes:laugh.gif:thumbsup:innocent.gif xxx

Cheers Kat,

Just ordered a new one actually, I'll try anything to stay on the floor a bit longer.

You and Tezz have a great Xmas, see you out and about soon

Cheers

Yogi

Well if it works let me know and I'll get them too!:ohmy:

You have a really good Christmas aswell, take care and see you in the new year :yes:thumbsup.gif xxx

Well, that's how an anniversary night should go. Everybody turning up with one thing in mind, they are going to have a great time and enjoy the night. In which we all did! Great to catch up with Jo Wallace again, Oxford's guest dj - always have a good laugh and some banter with her. All the tables decked out with balloons, mince pies, etc. which added to the atmosphere of the night. Lovely, to see that the anniversary cd was dedicated to the memory of our good friend Dave Bailey.

Hope you all have a good Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Charlie Mc

Guest Glyn and Lorrie

Hi Maz & Del, :thumbsup::yes::thumbsup:

Just a quick note to thank you for a great night ,Hope you like the new hat, great bunch at Oxford hope it keeps going the same way.

Great spot Jon and Maz finished the night off in fine style. See you again Soon A.T.B.

Glyn & Lorraine

Guest RachelY

Del, Maz & Steve

Just adding to everyone else comments above - had a really good nite too - started my Xmas celebrations off a treat. It was a lovely vibe and here to many more of them!

If I don't see any of you before Christmas, have a festive time - eat, drink and be merry (not too merry though!) and will see you all hopefully in the New Year.

RAY

xx

Would just like to add tuppence worth, FANTASTIC night guys, really enjoyed the whole night, great sets from all the DJs. and Jon you were my favourite on the night again, just love the stuff you play, a real party mood right from the start, loved the mince pies, sweets and sausage rolls, I was well stuffed, looking forward to next one (fingers crossed)

All the best

Steve

(BSC)

Would just like to add tuppence worth, FANTASTIC night guys, really enjoyed the whole night, great sets from all the DJs. and Jon you were my favourite on the night again, just love the stuff you play, a real party mood right from the start, loved the mince pies, sweets and sausage rolls, I was well stuffed, looking forward to next one (fingers crossed)

All the best

Steve

(BSC)

forgot to mention the free CD, Brilliant, :hatsoff2:

All the best

Steve

(BSC)

Cheers Steve, Charlie was mumbling when he came up to do his set, How do I follow that.

Thanks to all for the comments, I'm just playing some works of art in the musical form.

If you havent been to Oxford Soul Club, you need to give it try, all friends from the young to the old. Could be one big happy family....

Got to thank Maz, Del & Steve for some great nights, going from strength to strength

Catch you all later

Jon

Well, that's how an anniversary night should go. Everybody turning up with one thing in mind, they are going to have a great time and enjoy the night. In which we all did! Great to catch up with Jo Wallace again, Oxford's guest dj - always have a good laugh and some banter with her. All the tables decked out with balloons, mince pies, etc. which added to the atmosphere of the night. Lovely, to see that the anniversary cd was dedicated to the memory of our good friend Dave Bailey.

Charlie Mc

YOUR ABSOLUTELY RIGHT CHARLIE,

WHAT A FABULOUS 4TH ANNIVERSARY AND CHRISTMAS PARTY NIGHT

IT LOOKED LIKE A HAND PICKED CROWD .

STARTED THE MUSIC ABOUT 7.30(HALF A HOUR BEFORE WE ACTUALLY OPEN)BUT FOLKS WERE TURNING UP EARLY.SO THE SHOW HAD TO COMMENCE :rolleyes:.

TEZZ STARTED OFF THE EVENING HAD THEM DANCING STRAIGHT AWAY(WERE OFF TO A FLYER)DANCERS HEAVEN.FOLLOWED BY JON WITH QUALITY SET THAT WAS WELL APPROVED BY THE CROWD,FOLLOW THAT CHARLIE WAS THE CRY AND DIDN'T HE JUST THE FLOOR STILL ROCKING.AND THEN THE GOLDEN GIRL APPEARED WHAT CAN YOU SAY ABOUT JO WALLACE.HAD THE CROWD IN THE PALM OF HER HAND AND THATS WHERE THEY STAYED FOR AN HOUR AND A HALF BRILLIANT!!!!!THANK FULLY I WAS ONLY LEFT WITH THE LAST HALF AN HOUR (NOT MUCH LEFT TO PLAY).

BIG THANKS GO TO ALL THAT TURNED UP ALL THOSE FOLK THAT TRAVELED MILES AND ALL THE EXPENSE OF HOTELS ETC.

WE FEEL REALLY PRIVALIDGED AND HONOURED WITH THE SUPPORT WE GET.

WENT TO SEE DELL LAST NIGHT AFTER, A FEW COFFEES WE LOOKED AT EACH OTHER AND JUST SMILED ,AND THEN JUST SAID "THIS IS WHAT WE STRIVED FOR" AND IT FEELS REALLY GOOD.

KAY WE WERE ALL IMPRESSED BY YOUR LAD,WHEN YOU SEE HIM DANCE YOU THINK THOSE WERE THE DAYS.VERY PLEASED YOU ALL ENJOYED IT.SEE YOU AT LUTON ON SAT.

SORRY ABOUT THE NOT SMILING IN THE PHOTO YOGI NEVER BEEN PHOTOGENIC(MUST DO BETTER).

ALREADY DISSCUSSED NEXT YEARS EVENT AND AFTER A CUDDLE AND CHOCOLATE JO IS RETURNING NEXT YEAR TO DO THE 5TH ANNIVERSARY.

JUST A BIG THANKYOU TO ALL THE DJS FOR STICKING WITH US CHARLIE,JON,TEZZ AND NEVER FORGETING DAVE BAILEYS IN PUT FOR THE LAST FOUR YEARS . TOP GUYS !!!.

AND LAST OF ALL I WOULD LIKE TO WISH EVERYONE A VERY HAPPY XMAS AND A GREAT NEW YEAR

MAZ

in the immortal words of Craig R H off of strictly , just one word -------------FAB-U-LOUS ----------darling. and that's exactly what it was, right from the off there was a buzz about the place. superb music all night long right up until the finish. the after do pizza party at the holiday inn express was great too . great to catch up with old friends and make new ones too !!

you've every reason to smile Maz, you Del and Steve have created a fantastic little soul club , with a great mix of ages and old wiganites and newbies alike , just there for the one thing -------dancing , drinking , yakking , i know thats three and theres probably more

have a great christmas and new year

see you in February

take good care

Steve and Chris

xx

Hi Guys

great people

great music

Right !!!!!!! Serious head on for two minutes,

Boots,

We not only like 'youngsters' at our nights we positively encourage them,,

It's the only way forward.

We have a regular group of people from Oxford Uni.

O.K. they dont 'northern soul dance' but who gives a sh*t, they are enjoying themselves, harming nobody, and feel secure in

the knowledge that they will not get 'hassle' from anyone.

This Saturday we had another Uni group (including my daughter,19),, they loved it,,and hopefully come again,,,,result !!!!

So don't worry about your son, get him to find a like minded-mate and take them both to Northern Soul nights !!!!

Thank you everyone for your words of praise to Maz, Steve, and myself,

But it's not only us,,,,,,,,,,

It's all of you as well.

Jon Willis, Charlie Mc, Tezz and Kat, Paul, Richie,

and all our regulars that don't even have internet, let alone come on here,

Annie and her husband, Jerry and Naomi, Charles, the world famous Bob Stokes, Les and Gina, Gary and Debbie, Rachel and Paul, and of coarse Tiny (the BIG bloke)

going to stop now because it turns into a list that are only known to us and is boring.

Your support is what keeps us putting them on,,,,,,,Roll on to 2011 !!!!

our next is:

SATURDAY, 5th. FEBRUARY 2011 with special guest DJ (especially flying over)

GUIDO (G-MAN) SOUL-A-RAMA WEEK-ENDER, BREMEN, GERMANY

hope to see you all again then,

Del.

Edited by dcsoxford

Charlie Mc

Bit late with this , but really pleased you all had a great night , nice touch with the CD being dedicated to Dave .....cheers ,Eddie

Source Advert