• Replies 26
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Brett F

Mine without the picture cover....would love to see this picture cover though.

Hi Marc, mine has a picture sleeve, but its nothing special just plain white with the artist and title written on it, I think in a red font.

ATB Brett

Social source share

I would have thought at least £400.....but you never know!

And i would'nt .....let mine go for that no.gif

Definitely not!

Sadly for anyone wanting one ...most came direct from a nice man in Indiana ,who got em off a band member ...

however he has since moved to Switzerland with his partner ,so very much doubt he has any copies left sad.gif

Social source share

A supremely great record, but yes i would say £400+ unfortunately.

Best of luck though in your search.

A strong suspicion this might get aired on Saturday night at the Greatstone....probably be at least three copies in the house!! sorry not very helpful in your search, but good luck anyway....ATB Tony

Edited by Tony Jackson
Social source share

Guest Brett F

A supremely great record, but yes i would say £400+ unfortunately.

Best of luck though in your search.

To be honest, seeing as there are perhaps a mere dozen known copies, this fantastic tune is already very sought after, id say the £400 + was a very, very conservative valuation...this is a truly rare record who's class is undoubted.
Social source share

Guest Brett F

A strong suspicion this might get aired on Saturday night at the Greatstone....probably be at least three copies in the house!! sorry not very helpful in your search, but good luck anyway....ATB Tony

Hi Tony, yep and I know everyone of them, I recall at taste of honey last year if the weather hadn't stopped Nev. there would have been 4 under the same roof, a case of knowing a man who knew a man, all at the right time...I guess all that hard work of travelling and getting to know new tunes paid off for us that time.

Social source share

Hey Brett, hope you're well mate!

I already had a copy for a few years. Then Jason Yoder tracked down the producer and he got a handful of unplayed copies, these went straight to Nev and me. I've sold all my spares and I believe Nev did as well. Nice record and I doubt, that more copies will surface.

Best! Lars

I believe Lars my German friend discovered the source...Lars..?

Social source share

To be honest, seeing as there are perhaps a mere dozen known copies, this fantastic tune is already very sought after, id say the £400 + was a very, very conservative valuation...this is a truly rare record who's class is undoubted.

You know I agree with you on moat things Brett, and indeed here I agree in the most part, however popsike shows this to have come up a few times so clearly money talks. Doesn't always work out that rarity plus class = higher price. Seen too much shite considered rare pushed through the roof price wise.

Obviously if people were lucky enough to get one cheap from a man who knows a man, great, but doesn't necessarily mean everyone can say it's an expensive record..........only the guy who crosses your palm with silver can confirm that.

(p.s not saying that's what you, nev etc has dome at all mate, just making my point, still a buyers Market and my valuation was based on info j had access to)

Social source share

Guest Brett F

You know I agree with you on moat things Brett, and indeed here I agree in the most part, however popsike shows this to have come up a few times so clearly money talks. Doesn't always work out that rarity plus class = higher price. Seen too much shite considered rare pushed through the roof price wise.

Obviously if people were lucky enough to get one cheap from a man who knows a man, great, but doesn't necessarily mean everyone can say it's an expensive record..........only the guy who crosses your palm with silver can confirm that.

(p.s not saying that's what you, nev etc has dome at all mate, just making my point, still a buyers Market and my valuation was based on info j had access to)

Hi Aaron, the thing is we all got ours 2009, a record needs time to gain acceptance, thus giving it credibility, then the dreaded chase begins, and over a period of time the price hike increases, it's a simple case of supply and demand. My evaluation on the £400+ valuation is based upon the record purely not being available and hence people in the chase willing to pay a certain price for a jewel in the soul crown.........This price (in my view) is based upon the fact that the more people hear it and it's exposure the more people who haven't got it, will get engaged in a price hike, simply to attain a copy...............It happens every week on Ebay/ Manships etc.. In a nutshell Aaron..this record is tough..and not available, in future to attain a copy it may well cost a few quid...or maybe it won't ?

Ps....Its interesting to see just 4 copies of Rey Villar on Popsike...........the same as the 4 copies of Chuck Cockerham.........

Edited by Brett F
Social source share

Hi Aaron, the thing is we all got ours 2009, a record needs time to gain acceptan, thus giving it credibility, then the dreaded chase begins, and over a period of time the price hike increases, it's a simple case of supply and demand. My evaluation on the £400+ valuation is based upon the record purely not being available and hence people in the chase willing to pay a certain price for a jewel in the soul crown.........This price (in my view) is based upon the fact that the more people hear it and it's exposure the more people who haven't got it, will get engaged in a price hike, simply to attain a copy...............It happens every week on Ebay/ Manships etc.. In a nutshell Aaron..this record is tough..and not available, in future to attain a copy it may well cost a few quid...or maybe it won't ?

Ps....Its interesting to see just 4 copies of Rey Villar on Popsike...........the same as the 4 copies of Chuck Cockerham.........

Hi Brett

With all due respect,there is no doubting Rey v is a really good 45,however my friend, it cannot and will not ever compare to Chuck C!

Sadly ,a records value ,imo,is often related to more than just rarity .When we get into serious money it comes down to overall appeal to the masses.

Rey Villar is a kind of "left field" tune,that appeals to collectors of all things rare and sublime sounding soul,but for me Chuck C is one of the most complete xover 45's ever because it,not only sounds fantastic, but has the ability to get people to flock to the dance floor.On the whole,a lot of peeps dont get that buzz with R V.....

Such is life mate.

Atb for xmas&new yr bud ,and keep buying and playing quality soul

Social source share

Guest Brett F

Hi Brett

With all due respect,there is no doubting Rey v is a really good 45,however my friend, it cannot and will not ever compare to Chuck C!

Sadly ,a records value ,imo,is often related to more than just rarity .When we get into serious money it comes down to overall appeal to the masses.

Rey Villar is a kind of "left field" tune,that appeals to collectors of all things rare and sublime sounding soul,but for me Chuck C is one of the most complete xover 45's ever because it,not only sounds fantastic, but has the ability to get people to flock to the dance floor.On the whole,a lot of peeps dont get that buzz with R V.....

Such is life mate.

Atb for xmas&new yr bud ,and keep buying and playing quality soul

Hi Nev, of course I'm not comparing it to Chuck C., my point is a rare record of quality that develops demand generally sees a price hike.

Happy Xmas too you and your family, see you soon

Brett

Social source share