Kay Gee Bee, 11Th Anniversary

Guest Barry Holland

Guest Barry Holland

Thanks to everyone who turned up to the 11th anniversary last saturday, Dec. 11th.:ohmy: Thanks to the KGB regulars,:thumbsup: to all those who travelled, from Barnsley, Rotherham, Donny, Dinnington, Manchester :) and apologies to anyone i've missed.

Great spots from all the D.J.'s, Charlie (Victory Club), Paul (Ace) Richards and Woody (Robin Hood, Brierley) keeping the dance floor busy all night. :g::thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Apologies for the one d**k head who was showing off early doors, but he did behave when the wife (Ann) and Gina had a word.:boxing:

Another great night of classic northern, motown and forgotten gems was enjoyed by an enthusiastic crowd, all out for a great time.:yes: Once again, thanks for everyone's continued support,:thumbsup: Barry and Ann, KGB, KTF.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Selection of tunes played by myself,

8-00p.m. - 9-00p.m.

Dramatics - Whatcha see is whatcha get

Connie Francis - Fallin'

Frankie Valli - (You're gonna) Hurt Yourself

Len Jewel - Elevator song

Wales Wallace - Somebody i know

Scientists of Soul - Be's that-a-way sometimes

Toys - May my heart be cast into stone

Bobby Bloom - Love don't let me down

Producers - Love is amazing

Magicians - Sweet magic

Four Tempos - Showdown (at the union hall)

Garland Green - Rained 40 days and nights

Barbara Cooper - What's one more tear

Miracles - Save me

12-00 - 1-30a.m. (accompanied by Ann)

Ray Pollard - The Drifter (dedication for Arthur Dudley)

Temptations - Lonliness made me realise (request for big Brett)

Frankie Valli - The Night (request)

Marv Johnson - Baby I miss you (request)

Four Tops - Shake me wake me (request)

Jnr. Walker - Take me girl i'm ready

Contours - Baby hit and run

Four Tops - Something about you

Spinners - What more could a boy ask for

Bunny Sigler - Girl don't make me wait

Dean Parrish - Tell her

Paul Anka - When we get there

Jackie Wilson - I'm the one to do it (request)

Hesitations - Impossible dream

Tom Jones - I'll never let you go

Thanks for reading, till next time, KTF.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Edited by Barry Holland
  • Replies 11
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Thanks to everyone who turned up to the 11th anniversary last saturday, Dec. 11th.:thumbsup: Thanks to the KGB regulars,hatsoff2.gif to all those who travelled, from Barnsley, Rotherham, Donny, Dinnington, Manchester hatsoff2.gif and apologies to anyone i've missed.

Great spots from all the D.J.'s, Charlie (Victory Club), Paul (Ace) Richards and Woody (Robin Hood, Brierley) keeping the dance floor busy all night. thumbsup.gif:ohmy::yes:

Apologies for the one d**k head who was showing off early doors, but he did behave when the wife (Ann) and Gina had a word.:boxing:

Another great night of classic northern, motown and forgotten gems was enjoyed by an enthusiastic crowd, all out for a great time.:yes: Once again, thanks for everyone's continued support,:yes: Barry and Ann, KGB, KTF.:D :D

Selection of tunes played by myself,

8-00p.m. - 9-00p.m.

Dramatics - Whatcha see is whatcha get

Connie Francis - Fallin'

Frankie Valli - (You're gonna) Hurt Yourself

Len Jewel - Elevator song

Wales Wallace - Somebody i know

Scientists of Soul - Be's that-a-way sometimes

Toys - May my heart be cast into stone

Bobby Bloom - Love don't let me down

Producers - Love is amazing

Magicians - Sweet magic

Four Tempos - Showdown (at the union hall)

Garland Green - Rained 40 days and nights

Barbara Cooper - What's one more tear

Miracles - Save me

12-00 - 1-30a.m. (accompanied by Ann)

Ray Pollard - The Drifter (dedication for Arthur Dudley)

Temptations - Lonliness made me realise (request for big Brett)

Frankie Valli - The Night (request)

Marv Johnson - Baby I miss you (request)

Four Tops - Shake me wake me (request)

Jnr. Walker - Take me girl i'm ready

Contours - Baby hit and run

Four Tops - Something about you

Spinners - What more could a boy ask for

Bunny Sigler - Girl don't make me wait

Dean Parrish - Tell her

Paul Anka - When we get there

Jackie Wilson - I'm the one to do it (request)

Hesitations - Impossible dream

Tom Jones - I'll never let you go

Thanks for reading, till next time, KTF.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Just one of those nights when everything worked: the tunes, the people (apart from the obvious knob - well done Anne), the atmosphere - just spot on from start to finish. For me the pick was Woodie's spot - just brilliant Dave, but that's not to put down anyone else (loved 'The Drifter', Baz).

All t'best

John & Helen

(Darnall Horti & Washington)

Edited by John Moffatt
Guest Barry Holland

Well done towd lad - allus a good nite at yours.

Sorry I had to leave early m8

Gave u a mention ont radio as well :lamsey:

Ey up Ash, cheers for that.:) No probs, i know what it's like to get to a certain age. :hatsoff2: Keep forgetting about radio, going to have to get myself sorted out in future to listen in again.:yes: See you soon, Barry, KGB, KTF.:P :P

Guest Barry Holland

Just one of those nights when everything worked: the tunes, the people (apart from the obvious knob - well done Anne), the atmosphere - just spot on from start to finish. For me the pick was Woodie's spot - just brilliant Dave, but that's not to put down anyone else (loved 'The Drifter', Baz).

All t'best

John & Helen

(Darnall Horti & Washington)

Ey up John, thanks for great comments.:) Allways a great atmosphere at the KGB. :) Yeh great spot from Woody.:hatsoff2: Next time you're on will try and get you the later spot as well. :yes: Drifter was of course for Arthur Dudley :lamsey: who sadly passed away recently. All the best, Barry, KGB, KTF.:P :P :yes:

Eyup Barry

Don't always manage to get to the Kgb as often as I would like, but I was glad I did'nt miss this one. Great to hear some great music from all concerned, as well as spend some time catching up with the South Yorks Soul crowd who were very much in evidence.

I know I stayed till almost the end :) cos I couldn't get that Tom Jones track out of my head all the next day :lamsey:

great night mate :hatsoff2:

P.S. Would have posted earlier but me internet's been on the blink

P.P.S. I found a copy of the TJ recently for 20p :P

Steve

Guest Barry Holland

Eyup Barry

Don't always manage to get to the Kgb as often as I would like, but I was glad I did'nt miss this one. Great to hear some great music from all concerned, as well as spend some time catching up with the South Yorks Soul crowd who were very much in evidence.

I know I stayed till almost the end :yes: cos I couldn't get that Tom Jones track out of my head all the next day :)

great night mate :hatsoff2:

P.S. Would have posted earlier but me internet's been on the blink

P.P.S. I found a copy of the TJ recently for 20p :D

Steve

Cheers Steve,:lamsey: allways a pleasure to see you. :yes: Thanks for kind words. :) That 20p makes my £2-50 look expensive (LOL).:lol: See you soon, Barry, KGB, KTF.:P :P :yes:

Cheers Steve,thumbsup.gif allways a pleasure to see you. :D Thanks for kind words. thumbsup.gif That 20p makes my £2-50 look expensive (LOL).laugh.gif See you soon, Barry, KGB, KTF.:D:yes::no:

Aye Baz had a great time on saturday mate great tunes from everybody got to say that Tom Jones track is the dogs bollocks great end of night tune :)

Guest Barry Holland

Aye Baz had a great time on saturday mate great tunes from everybody got to say that Tom Jones track is the dogs bollocks great end of night tune :D

Cheers Al, glad you had great night. :lol: Thanks again for lift home.:lol: Hope you are feeling better. :yes: Great tune that Tom Jones one,yes.gif some young whippersnapper from Rotherham put me on to it,:thumbsup: do you know him? :yes: See you soon, Barry, KGB, KTF.:shhh:thumbup.gif

Cheers Al, glad you had great night. :lol: Thanks again for lift home.:lol: Hope you are feeling better. :lol: Great tune that Tom Jones one,:lol: some young whippersnapper from Rotherham put me on to it,:yes: do you know him? :lol: See you soon, Barry, KGB, KTF.:lol: :lol:

Cheers mate feeling a lot better today think I had the man flu. Actually Baz that Tom Jones record I put you on to I first heard it through Kate so the wife should take the credit for that one she's the true record hound lol :lol:

Guest Barry Holland

Cheers mate feeling a lot better today think I had the man flu. Actually Baz that Tom Jones record I put you on to I first heard it through Kate so the wife should take the credit for that one she's the true record hound lol :ohmy:

Glad you're feeling better. :sweatingbullets: Credit to Kate for the record, she's got good taste.yes.gif

Barry, KGB, KTF.:thumbsup:thumbsup.gif

Guest Soul Shelley

Ey up John, thanks for great comments.thumbsup.gif Allways a great atmosphere at the KGB. yes.gif Yeh great spot from Woody.:sweatingbullets: Next time you're on will try and get you the later spot as well. yes.gif Drifter was of course for Arthur Dudley :thumbsup: who sadly passed away recently. All the best, Barry, KGB, KTF.:ohmy:thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Hiya Barry

Thanks for playin a tune for Arthur he would have loved that, Remind me to tell you some stories about when we took him to KGB next time I see you.

We are having a memorial do for him after xmas keep an eye on S/Source,

Hopefully attendance should be good as I have been swamped with messages from old mates wanting to pay there respects.

KTF Jenny chesterfield

Source Advert