Glen Miller - Where Is The Love - Uk Doctor Bird For Sale

Pete S

GLEN MILLER - WHERE IS THE LOVE / FUNKY BROADWAY - DOCTOR BIRD DB 1089.

No centre. Condition VG+. You can hear some background crackle at the start, it improves all the while and ends up a good solid play copy, minor pop here and there, but of the three I've had this is the best. Has a little writing on the label (it actually says "no good" LOL) and a bit of label wear. So it's no brand new mint copy but perfectly good for those DJ's amongst you and to be honest, I'd be happy playing this at home as well, don't really want to sell it as I collect this label but need the dosh. Has original Doctor Bird sleeve.

£225 including postage.

Will possibly trade for decent ska/reggae, UK labels

post-1893-0-42375500-1292325137_thumb.jp

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 13
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Now this is what does my head in, and I had someone mention this to me yesterday as well, within 10 minutes of me putting this sales advert up, someone had contacted me and asked if it was still available, to which I replied that it was and I'd reserve it for him, how did he want to pay...meanwhile I had someone else ask for it, I said someone has already asked about it and I presume he's goiing to have it - 4 hours later I am still waiting for the first guy to tell me if he wants it or not.

Why bother asking about it if you don't want it?

Why do people do this?

Social source share

Now this is what does my head in, and I had someone mention this to me yesterday as well, within 10 minutes of me putting this sales advert up, someone had contacted me and asked if it was still available, to which I replied that it was and I'd reserve it for him, how did he want to pay...meanwhile I had someone else ask for it, I said someone has already asked about it and I presume he's goiing to have it - 4 hours later I am still waiting for the first guy to tell me if he wants it or not.

Why do people do this?

First to come up with the funds Pete, if they dont have Paypal surely 90% of the civilised world has a bank account or credit/debit card, jeez it couldnt be easier to pay you!

Same with E-bay, why bid and buy then wait a week or two to pay

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :huh:

M.

Social source share

First to come up with the funds Pete, if they dont have Paypal surely 90% of the civilised world has a bank account or credit/debit card, jeez it couldnt be easier to pay you!

Same with E-bay, why bid and buy then wait a week or two to pay

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :huh:

M.

Just want a bit of courtesy - all he has to do is say he doesn't want it.

I've now lost count of the amount of people I've removed from my mailing list for doing this.

Social source share

Just want a bit of courtesy - all he has to do is say he doesn't want it.

I've now lost count of the amount of people I've removed from my mailing list for doing this.

Probably not the right place to discuss this but I've been holding 5 records for 3 different people on here for 3 weeks and not a word despite several polite pm's.:angry2:Really P*****d off!

So I understand Pete. Good luck, great tune.. Steve

Social source share

Why do people do this?

i've had occasions where i've had to ask quickly if something is available then either head out to work or leave the hosue for a few hours. 4 hours realy isn't that long to be honest.

I usually allow 24 hours for a response if i'm selling or set a reasonable deadline saying if you don't get back to me before x i'll sell to next interested party.

Social source share

i've had occasions where i've had to ask quickly if something is available then either head out to work or leave the hosue for a few hours. 4 hours realy isn't that long to be honest.

I usually allow 24 hours for a response if i'm selling or set a reasonable deadline saying if you don't get back to me before x i'll sell to next interested party.

It is when you've got others queueing up to buy it, if you want to buy a record you say look I want to buy this, not ask about availability and f*ck off somewhere (without leaving card details), this is my only income don't forget and it's annoying to lose sales in this way. I'm not the only one, trust me.

Social source share

Probably not the right place to discuss this but I've been holding 5 records for 3 different people on here for 3 weeks and not a word despite several polite pm's.:angry2:Really P*****d off!

So I understand Pete. Good luck, great tune.. Steve

That's just ridiculous Steve, they are obviously not going to buy them from you so why did they reserve them?

Social source share

It does'nt matter what the time scale is ..the key is communication .

As a buyer i always contact someone if i have a problem....the fact is sometimes unforseen circustances mean we cannot complete on a sale..such is life and for a lot of us,but communicating with someone who had the courtesy of pulling a sale /holding a record for you ..is the least you can do.

As a seller i would expect the same courtesy ,but sadly some peeps go awol or spin terrible yarns when they decide they no longer want a record.

Myself i could'nt give two hoots if you tell me a blatant lie as to why you dont want it ,just as long as i have a definite answer.

Im sure the second buyer will be patient given the time scale Pete :thumbsup:

Social source share

I genuinly think if you;ve time to search, find and ask about availability, youv've time to pay, another what 3 minutes

Just my oppinion btw

M.:thumbsup:

Social source share