Don Thomas Come On Train Bootleg

Guest hipcityhipster

Guest hipcityhipster

Anyone out there confirm details about Don Thomas Come on train bootleg on NuVJ

I have an issue on the dark maroon label which I always thought was an original but according to Manship it aint

Just got a white demo which he says is orig but it looks more like a boot than my issue.

My issue is good quality srtudy thick vinyl yet the demo is quite flimsy.

I know its a 70's tune so vinyl was often pressed like that back then but I still aint convinced !!!

Any help

Cheers

Rob

Social source share

• Replies 16
  • Views 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I thought it was a pink original and the blue is a different ending.

That's right, very slightly different ending on the blue reissue, the one in the picture is original, the darker pink or maroon one is a definite boot, the white demo I had was so flimsy it broke in the post en route to Italy - or thats what they told me!

Social source share

Guest hipcityhipster

Here's a thread about it earlier this year :thumbsup:

DJM gets a mention.

Thanks read that and understood. One thing I noted that nobody seems to have piucked up on is that the b-side is actually NOT an inst version (which given the title - "Train start movin" you'd think it would be) but a totally different song losely to the tune of "Rainy night in Georgia " !!!

Strange

Rob

Social source share

Thanks read that and understood. One thing I noted that nobody seems to have piucked up on is that the b-side is actually NOT an inst version (which given the title - "Train start movin" you'd think it would be) but a totally different song losely to the tune of "Rainy night in Georgia " !!!

Strange

Rob

It's instrumental on the blue VeeJay issue

Social source share

Strange

Rob

And its a tune I really like , but i think am in a minorty of one on that :thumbsup:

Social source share

Is this the original demo?

Looks like my original copy narrow run out with scratched in 1-cs-3205-a- ( very small) b side has scratched in cs-3205-B (a lot larger)

Social source share

Is this the original demo?

Thats the same as mine .Although all the top authorities say it was never booted in this format I still think it may be suspect . The reason being I remember a shed load of these turning up at once in the record bar at Wigan for a quid a go - thats where I got mine ,I bought it assuming it was a boot , they all looked & felt new .Also they have the look & feel of a boot ..............I hope I'm wrong :lol:

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

And its a tune I really like , but i think am in a minorty of one on that :lol:

I'd be more than happy to join ya in that minority mate. I much prefer the flip, great track.

Social source share

I'm sure the white demos are original - Dave Withers found a load of them and sold them around £5 each

There is a bootleg lookalike copy of the white demo doing the rounds now - easy to spot as it's got Roy Dawson on the other side. These are the copies that are currently being listed on Ebay

Social source share

I'm sure the white demos are original - Dave Withers found a load of them and sold them around £5 each

There is a bootleg lookalike copy of the white demo doing the rounds now - easy to spot as it's got Roy Dawson on the other side. These are the copies that are currently being listed on Ebay

Was this around 1980 time ? That would be about when I bought mine for a quid .

The reason I remember the buy so vividly is that it was getting light in the record bar & I had just bought a Charles Johnson blind off of Sam .

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!