Bishop Auckland Cricket Club

For anyone who's at a loose end, a few of us are having a bit of a get together in Bishop Auckland Cricket Club on December 27th. Although events will be very informal, there will be a proper sound system and the club does have a dancefloor as well as cheap drink. We all have fairly varied tastes so there should be a reasonable mix of music (rare soul, crossover, R & B etc). Some of the more familiar faces who will be appearing are Glen Walton, Col Denham, Paul Ackley, Nev Griffiths and Sean Smith as well as a few others. Festivities start at 4pm and finish at 12pm. Feel free to drop in. There is no charge, this is a free night that we are holding for our own pleasure and anyone else who would like to join us. The club can be found on South Church Road, Kingsway, Bishop Auckland. Merry Christmas!

• Replies 23
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

had a few great nites there with the rest of scottish lads in 90s

might try and get 2 this

Hi Melv :lamsey:

I think your getting mixed up with the Rugby Club that Al Coney and Col Denham used to run :hatsoff2:

Cricket Club is in the town....should be a good night tho :)

Chris

Hi Melv :)

I think your getting mixed up with the Rugby Club that Al Coney and Col Denham used to run :hatsoff2:

Cricket Club is in the town....should be a good night tho :yes:

Chris

Pleased you said Chris....as i get mixed up too :P

Only been to this place once and was well impressed with the place .....perfect little venue indeed.

Look forward to seeing you all on the 27th for a bit of xmas cheer :)

And if i don't see any of you before ...have a nice Christmas :lamsey:

p.s Tell Don we can sort out the "hotbox" mix-up episode on the 27th.........that's if i don't end up with a different one from Leeds on Friday :P

Hi Melv :lol:

I think your getting mixed up with the Rugby Club that Al Coney and Col Denham used to run :yes:

Cricket Club is in the town....should be a good night tho :lol:

Chris

hope u and don r well long time since we all caught up

rugby club was great use 2 go down from scotland with jim tennent mark wilson sebbo and a few others

the real madness kicked in at mr coney

diffo going try and get 2 this

have a great xmas

hi melv had to ask nev about you but now ive got ya lol, seen you about lately but didnt put 2n2 together. had a convo with mark on here ,they were great days .be good to catch up , ,its a nice warm modern looking room with its own bar ,and great decks thats decks not dex lol,col

hope u and don r well long time since we all caught up

rugby club was great use 2 go down from scotland with jim tennent mark wilson sebbo and a few others

the real madness kicked in at mr coney

diffo going try and get 2 this

have a great xmas

We're both fine thanks...

Had some good nights at the Rugby Club too...:lol:

Hopefully see you at the Cricket Club then...gonna be a good one!!!

All the best for Xmas and the New Year xx

Edited by chris

now chrissy hope you are both well, ask Don to fetch a few choice tunes along i think we are all going to spin a few say 6 or so at a time like they do upstairs at cleethorpes, goes down well , steve also, its just a get together like phil has said have a great xmas x .col

Edited by colsoul

now chrissy hope you are both well, ask Don to fetch a few choice tunes along i think we are all going to spin a few say 6 or so at a time like they do upstairs at cleethorpes, goes down well , steve also its just a get together like phil has said have a great xmas x .col

Sounds like a proper get together ...great idea with the dj'n idea,especially for the slack bladders amongst us.lol

now chrissy hope you are both well, ask Don to fetch a few choice tunes along i think we are all going to spin a few say 6 or so at a time like they do upstairs at cleethorpes, goes down well , steve also, its just a get together like phil has said have a great xmas x .col

Will do Col...great idea...:thumbsup:

Guaranteed to hear some great tunes throughout the night..:lol:

Have a lovely Xmas

Chris x

Pleased you said Chris....as i get mixed up too huh.gif

Only been to this place once and was well impressed with the place .....perfect little venue indeed.

Look forward to seeing you all on the 27th for a bit of xmas cheer :lol:

And if i don't see any of you before ...have a nice Christmas :yes:

p.s Tell Don we can sort out the "hotbox" mix-up episode on the 27th.........that's if i don't end up with a different one from Leeds on Friday :lol:

Hi Nev....yes lets see if we can all go home with matching sets eh :ohmy:

Looking forward to this...be a great get together...:lol:

Hope you n Jo have a good Xmas

xx

see you tomorow hope youve had a good xmas, we will be down early , col

Had a great Christmas Colin but looking forward to hearing some good music now :hatsoff2:

We'll be there early too. See ya then.

Lee-Ann

xxx

Whats the address n postcode ???

Steve. If i remember well,we drove straight past it last time so be sure to drive slow and keep your eyes peeled .

Also ,when you do find it,the entrance is round the back.

I mention that cos Paul Shoulder went in the front of the club,couldn't see anyone or hear any music,so went back home .....and he's from Bishop.lol