Keeping The Memory Alive

lizziep

It's 2 years today since Phil Morgan died and I have some great memories of him - he was 3 years older than me and a regular at the Torch, Trentham Gardens (when it was a disco off the main ballroom),Top Rank Hanley, original Mecca boy and was known for his passion for Northern,his record collecting, his dancing and his love of scooters. Original, cheeky, slightly arrogant, he was never shy in speaking his mind. I used to work with Phil at the Michelin in 1973 so apart from seeing him every weekend I had to endure his teasing at work as well!! Long time ago but can still picture him dancing. There must be quite a few of you on SS that have some great memories of Phil - sure Julie and his family would love to hear of them. Thinking of Julie, Mandy and his mum today - One In A Million.

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Only just seen this...........................

Phil was always the first on the dance floor at the Torch................Always!

Phil was usually the last to leave it .

Malc

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Guest julie s

Was that because he was he was waiting for the girls? or just because he loved to dance phil loved the torch,twisted wheel catacoombs blackpool mecca and many more. Thanks to lizzie p for this thread it means so much, i know there are many people on here who were to young to remember the torch and the origanal places all you lot used to go but along the years there were great stories and when it comes to times like these you really know who the real soulies are thank you for your thoughts on another memorial of my brother he was a torch boy and many many more xxxx julie

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!