Updated December Sales

Karlm

Paypal accepted, PM or email to kmarthon [at] hotmail [dot] com to reserve!

Kind Regards, Karl

Gradings as follows:

NM - spotless record. One tiny mark/scuff/flame/scratch and it's EX. Many new records will not make this grade.

EX - Basically everything that will look and play great.

VG+ - Will have marks that may very moderately affect play. Might have fairly large amount cosmetic marks not affecting play.

VG - Lots of marks, should still play fairly well but not perfect.

ALBUMS

Leon Debouse - A fine instrument - Bold / EX/EX / £225 (TK rarity with the excellent modern soul dancer "Every fellas girl")

Fillmotions - Young girls in motion - Young Girl / EX/EX / £125 (Legendary S.F. soul album and a major rarity)

Eleanore Mills - This is... - Astroscope / EX/EX / £90 (Love this 1974 album! "I'm gonna get you", "How can I love you", "Fascinating, devastating man" etc. Lovely copy, cover still in shrink.)

Mighty Pope - s/t - RCA / VG+/VG+ / £90 (Canadian modern soul album with covers of "If you want a love affair", "If that's the way that you want it", Tower of strength (the Sam Dees track, not Gene McDaniels..) Cover has tiny writing and some seam wear. Vinyl has some light superficial marks, plays well.)

Heartstoppers - s/t - All Platinum / VG+/VG / £70 (Great femme crossover soul, "Where does love go" is my fave. Cover has quite heavy ring wear + cut out hole)

J.P. Rodgers, JR. - Good taste in love - / EX/EX / £60 (Rare album that came out in a plain 12 inch sleeve. With "All my lovin" but also the superb modern soul dancer "I enjoy your love" which only came out here. AML did get a 45 release as well)

Albert Jones - The facts of life - Candy Apple / EX/EX / £50 (Canadian album with the feel good crossover dancer "Mother nature" and the floater "You and your love".

+
)

Bobby Glenn - Shout it out - Koala / EX/EX / £50 (With "Hey love" and the recently comped "Sounds like a love song". Tax scam label! Beautfil copy with cover still in seal.)

Hearts of Stone - Stop the world, we wanna get on - VIP / EX/VG / £30 (With "If I could give you the world" + "What does it take". Cover has cut corner + ring wear. Nothing major.)

Impressions - Times have change - Curtom / VG+/EX / £15 (Severely underrated album, believe this was the first one with Leroy Hutson as lead. Filled with great cuts, seriously good cover in "Inner city blues", congas fuelled dancer in "Love me" and the true standout "Potent love" which is one of my fave Curtom sounds ever. German press)

45s

*HOLD* Sisters Love - Give me your love / same - Mowest / EX / £100 (White demo of this rare groove classic)

Marie "Queenie" Lyons - See and don't see - Deluxe / EX / £70 (Classic sisters funk, soul with attitude)

Windy City - Hey it's over - Innovation II / EX / £50 (First label before WB, another killer on this choice Chicago label.)

Barbara Hall - You brought it on yourself - Innovation II / EX / £25 (White demo of this classic)

Richard Starr - Love is not a game - Stage / EX / £40 (Highly recommended! https://www.youtube.c...h?v=2Zn9cRSfO1U)

Patti Shaw - Somebody pulled the switch - Cherry / EX / £40 (Two step fave, rare!!)

Ollie Nightingale - I don't know why I love you - Memphis / EX / £35 (Rare and great crossover soul. The original to Lynn White's popular 1991 version)

Four Flights - All I want is you - Almeria / VG+ / £35 (Perhaps the best version of this track also made by Sly, Slick & Wicked and Convertion)

Billy Garner - Brand new girl - BGP / VG+ / £30 (Original vinyl release of this popular deep funk funkster. Promo only 45 that came out in 2000 in very limited supplies to support the Super Funk 2, it was previously unreleased)

Johnny Baker - Shy guy - Fog City / EX / £30 (1973 modern soul dancer out of S.F.)

Sebastian Williams - Get your point over - Ovide / EX / £25 (Classic crossover soul that "enjoyed" a couple of nu soul re-makes)

Lena Horne - Feels so good - Buddah / EX / £25 (Top quality funky soul with even a hint of jazz, personal fave!! And nice on 7 inch usually seen on album.)

Rimshots - Dancing girl - Astroscope / EX / £20 (Great funk/soul also done by Fatback)

Willie & the Mighty Magnificents - Take my love / same - All Platinum / EX / £20 (Excellent crossover soul, listen here

)

Invitations - Look on the good side - Silver Blue / VG+ / £20 (Philly soul ever green, what an intro. Rarer issue copy, b-side has a sticker.)

Z.Z. Hill - Universal love - Columbia / EX / £20 (Rare dj friendly VINYL release of this great modern soul dancer)

Jimmy Ellidge - You can't stop a man in love - Song Bird / EX / £20 (Rarest version of this well covered track, a modern soul oldie.)

Millionaires - Never for me - Philips / VG+ / £30 (Catchy northern soul dancer. Label has cut out hole).

Susan Phillips - Key in the mailbox - All Platinum / EX / £15 (Best version of this classic crossover sound, soundfile here

)

Lezli Valentine - The coward's way out - All Platinum / EX / £15 (Good x-over soul)

Raw Soul - The gig - DPG / VG / £15 (Funky instrumental that I think was on the Goldmine Cleethorpes comp)

Lady Lee - Simple things - Pride / EX / £10 (Sugary crossover soul!)

Imaginations - I want a girl / I love you, more - Bacon Fat / VG / £8 (plenty of light marks but plays ok)

Sisters Love - You've got to make choice - Tamla Motown / EX / £8 (Another killer by this vocally gifted group, one I used a few times in my DJ sets. UK original)

Ivy - Who's at the door - Heat / EX / £6 (Great 2 step)

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 0
  • Views 953
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!