A Bit Of Value Info Please

MrsWoodsrules

Hi People,

Few questions here so here here goes.

I've recently started to collect again & have acquired some vinyl & have some more that I want to move on.

I have questions of value about & what I could realistically expect to get, I have the Manship guide but am presuming these are not anywhere near what I would get in real life or on ebay.

So here goes:

Exotics, I'm gonna never stop loving you, Excello 2284 white demo. -M.

Edwin Starr, Time Gordy7097 white demo-M.

Jay Rhythm Wouldn't it be a pleasure Leo 884, M vinyl except nasty tear on label dnap.

Magicians, Keep your hands off my baby Villa (Cameo Parkway) VG.

Jock Mitchell Work with me annie Impact VG

JJ, Barnes Chains of love Groovesville1066 VG

Garnett Mimms, Prove it to me UA VG++.

Tawney Vonne, I say please, Millage mint.

Also an interesting record that I have that I don't think I'd sell & just want to keep for historic value is Miracles Bad Girl, Motown G1, now this is in very bad condition but does play, was wondering what it would fetch though, seeing as it was Gordy's first record on Motown.

Okay folks, go easy on me as this is my first real posting, hope it's not in the wrong section.

Many thanks in advance as to any info.

Cheers

Aid.

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Investinsoul, those links look really useful & look like just what I need.

Cheers mate.

Aid

Note of caution though: On sites like Popsike you could see 3 x copies of record 'A' that sold for $100, $125 and $150 respectively. That could lead you to believe that the average price of the record is $125.

Not necessarily the case though. Because of the lower cut-off point you wouldn't see if 100 copies of the same record had sold for prices ranging between $20 and $24 making the average price about $22. The higher priced ones might have been aberrations due to a bidding war between two people desperate to have the record, misinformed bidders, desperation to have a copy within a couple days or a whole host of other reasons.

It also might show three copies that sold for between $100 and $150 but not show the 50 odd copies on eBay available at a Buy It Now price of $75 that are sitting on the shelf because everyone knows it's only worth $50.

... and that's without going into copies available on other sites including this one and in shops and dealer boxes at soul events up and down the country, 52 weeks a year. Not that I'm trying to confuse you. Just a friendly warning that auction results sites are not the only source of info and can quite easily provide a distorted picture.

Social source share

Thanks for your input Godzilla, I understand that auctions might not give me a full balanced view to the value of my 45's..

But to be honest, I'm just looking for an idea as to what my beautiful records might fetch & as to what i might realistically ask for them, (the ones I want to sell that is).

I recon a quarter of Manship price as a guide is okay for re-sale., Just acquired Ray Pollard Drifter on UA, what a beaut of a tune, gonna play it until my stylus wears out,

Social source share

To be honest Popsike and Collectors frenzy would be the last place to go for a value as auctions are simply to unpredictable and are littered with freak selling prices and as said far too many are not even on these sites. Gemm is by and large expensive, prices rounded up, the added costs added on etc.

Sites like Soul Source and the dealers are the best indications of a real world price, what they sell for on lists and on the shop floor of venues. Basically use all the resources at your disposal if selling then you can use your own best judgement depending on what you have in the record (what it cost you) and what you want to make or lose. Some want to sell a record and get 100% profit, some happy with 1%, 5%, 10% etc just as long as they make a bit back and cover costs. Some can't afford to sit on a record till they get what they want some can. Lots to take into consideration depending on your circumstances.

Social source share

Hi People,

Few questions here so here here goes.

I've recently started to collect again & have acquired some vinyl & have some more that I want to move on.

I have questions of value about & what I could realistically expect to get, I have the Manship guide but am presuming these are not anywhere near what I would get in real life or on ebay.

So here goes:

Exotics, I'm gonna never stop loving you, Excello 2284 white demo. -M.

Edwin Starr, Time Gordy7097 white demo-M.

Jay Rhythm Wouldn't it be a pleasure Leo 884, M vinyl except nasty tear on label dnap.

Magicians, Keep your hands off my baby Villa (Cameo Parkway) VG.

Jock Mitchell Work with me annie Impact VG

JJ, Barnes Chains of love Groovesville1066 VG

Garnett Mimms, Prove it to me UA VG++.

Tawney Vonne, I say please, Millage mint.

Also an interesting record that I have that I don't think I'd sell & just want to keep for historic value is Miracles Bad Girl, Motown G1, now this is in very bad condition but does play, was wondering what it would fetch though, seeing as it was Gordy's first record on Motown.

Okay folks, go easy on me as this is my first real posting, hope it's not in the wrong section.

Many thanks in advance as to any info.

Cheers

Aid.

Jay Rhythm - £15 -20.

Garnett Mimms - £10 - 15.

Imo,dont want to upset anyone.:lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!