Podcast Advice Please - Licence Required?

Godzilla

I'm doing some work for a mini festival in North Yorkshire early next year (indoors mostly of course!...) I initially planned to include a Gospel set on Sunday morning but as it looks like I'll be around till stupid O'clock the night/morning before, I'm thinking of doing a podcast instead.

My plan was get the arts organisation that runs the festival to host the show and load it up on the Sunday morning so that it goes out sort of like a radio show.

Just wondered about licencing and such? Quick google suggests that you need PRS and PPL but I doubt that everyone who bloggs has one. This is a legit organisation though, so things might be tighter.

Any advice please?

Edited by Godzilla
Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I'm doing some work for a mini festival in North Yorkshire early next year (indoors mostly of course!...) I initially planned to include a Gospel set on Sunday morning but as it looks like I'll be around till stupid O'clock the night/morning before, I'm thinking of doing a podcast instead.

My plan was get the arts organisation that runs the festival to host the show and load it up on the Sunday morning so that it goes out sort of like a radio show.

Just wondered about licencing and such? Quick google suggests that you need PRS and PPL but I doubt that everyone who bloggs has one. This is a legit organisation though, so things might be tighter.

Any advice please?

If you are merely playing a home made Cd in the venue you'll probably be covered by the festival's music licence. It could be argued that you will need your own personal digital DJ licence at £200.

Social source share

If you are merely playing a home made Cd in the venue you'll probably be covered by the festival's music licence. It could be argued that you will need your own personal digital DJ licence at £200.

Sorry - don't think I made myself clear. When I said get the arts organisation to host podcast and it load it up, I was referring to putting the podcast on their website.

Thanks for the response though :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!