2011-02-25: Soul In The South Allnighter

Hey Dave

Likewise mate, we deffo need to hook up, miss ya ya crazy b'stard............I was hoping to be in the smoke this week for Kevs doooooooooo but I'm only home for just over a week so need to spend some qualitty time with Izak........we'll get summat sorted buddy :thumbsup: .

Have a great time this weekend & love to Bev

Take care mate

Russ

Have a great week with the family Mate. Keep in touch reference your rotation dates and I'll look at planning a swerve over to UK for a night on the larrup with a few sounds thrown in! :lol:laugh.gif

Regards,

Dave

• Replies 171
  • Views 15.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

It'll be in the box for ya buddy............just wanna thank Rod n Sallie for slippin' in me at short notice, dont often get to play out these day's due to working abroad, so it will be a real treat to be part of this fantastic event........have some real gems for the last hour so I hope you'll all stay & have a dance & give me a good send off back to Baghdad on Saturday...........Alfie, your a star mate, you'll knock em dead fellah.

Karen - of cause you can do the two hun, but dont worry about the records anyway - I'll get em off ya when our paths cross x.

Looking forward to seeing everyone, Sue n Colin coming & I think a lot of the old Uptown Down South, Southern Soul movement & Cagneys crowd will be out in force for this..........wow cant wait.............

Best Russ

will be the best tune of the night i cant wait to hear so i can dance me socks off to it :thumbsup:

was it painful Russ laugh.giflaugh.gif

be great to see you matey and have a catch up :lol:

Russ,

Can't make this but I'm in UK the weekend before at our Kid's 'do' and I'll be back in Blighty for the Burnley Allnighter on April 22nd. If your rotation fits we need to hook up for a blather Mate! Pencil some dates in and let me know.

Regards,

Dave

Hi Dave

Pity you and Bev won't be in the UK for this, but hope to see you at Burnley in April.

Will definately be back for our 'Soul in the Sun' at Hitsville in Mojacar later in the year, wouldn't miss it, sounds like it's going to be really good this year.

See you both soon.

Regards

Sallie & Rod

Russ,

Can't make this but I'm in UK the weekend before at our Kid's 'do' and I'll be back in Blighty for the Burnley Allnighter on April 22nd. If your rotation fits we need to hook up for a blather Mate! Pencil some dates in and let me know.

Regards,

Dave

Hi Dave

Pity you and Bev won't be in the UK for this, but hope to see you at Burnley in April.

Will definately be back for our 'Soul in the Sun' at Hitsville in Mojacar later in the year, wouldn't miss it, sounds like it's going to be really good this year.

See you both soon.

Regards

Sallie & Rod

Hi Dave

See you both soon.

Regards

Sallie & Rod

Hey you two,

Hope all your hard work brings the night you deserve. I'll be over at some stage if you plan anymore. Good luck and have a blast!! thumbsup.gif:thumbsup:

Regards,

Dave

Hey you two,

Hope all your hard work brings the night you deserve. I'll be over at some stage if you plan anymore. Good luck and have a blast!! :thumbsup::thumbup:

Regards,

Dave

Hi Dave

Thanks for your words of encouragement. It really helps to know that all of our hard work is appreciated.

We've already got a few ideas for the next one, but it's really going to depend on the success of this first allnighter at Bumbles, the first in this part of the country for over 30 years. If enough people come along and support the nite there will definately be more.

I'll pm you with future dates and hopefully you and Bev can make one, fingers crossed.

Regards

Sallie & Rod

Good afternoon soulies...:thumbsup:

really looking forward to this...got a few new chooons(lesser known ones) to play in the second room...i'm hopeing they will go down well...would like to thank Sallie & Rod for asking me to DJ...was haveing a good chat with mr Smithers earlia...it's defo looking like to be a busy one...a good local crowd aswell as the travelling soulies from up & Down the country...

just under a week to go for what is gonna be a very very soulful nighter indeed...bring it on...:lol:

Alfie

Following the addition of Russ Vickers to the dj line up here follows the latest times:

MAIN ROOM - Current Oldies, Rare & Underplayed

9.00 Alfie Linney

10.00 Mark Sargeant

11.00 Sean Haydon

12.00 Karl Heard

1.00 Des Parker

2.00 Bearsy

3.00 Karl Heard

4.00 Dave Abbott

5.00 Russ Vickers

ROOM 2 - Rare & Underplayed

10.00 Tim Smithers

10.45 Des Parker

11.30 Bearsy

12.15 Dave Abbott

1.00 Tim Smithers

1.45 Sean Haydon

2.30 Mark Sargeant

3.15 Alfie Linney

We really hope you will all come along and give Russ a big send off before he flies back to Iraq the next day.

With less than a week to go it's building up to be a great night of SOUL on the South Coast !!!

There's a big buzz over this one, with most of the south coasts forward thinking djs in one venue accompanied by some of the countrys top djs, i think its gonna be a night to remember for sure, a few locals have asked me if oldies will be played and my anwser to that is... yes .there will be some played of the highest order, something for everyone i hope, cant wait :yes:

There's a big buzz over this one, with most of the south coasts forward thinking djs in one venue accompanied by some of the countrys top djs, i think its gonna be a night to remember for sure, a few locals have asked me if oldies will be played and my anwser to that is... yes .there will be some played of the highest order, something for everyone i hope, cant wait :lol:

what Tim said...though no oldies have asked me if locals are going

Last hour will be for the dancefloor........whatever the dancers want, they'll get old, new, borrowed n blue...........that dancefloor deserves to be rammed to the end & I'll be doing my damndest to play what people wanna hear at 'sun Uppers'.................& send you home buzzin'...........a few suprises in their too to keep ya guessing though :hatsoff2: .

Maybe..............

Explosive Dynamiks c/up

Judy Freeman & Blackrock c/up

Windy City Symphony c/up

Charlie Gracie c/up

Mighty Ryders c/up etc, etc, etc.............

Lets see how it goes, summat for everyone, but the dancefloor will rule........

Best Russ

Last hour will be for the dancefloor........whatever the dancers want, they'll get old, new, borrowed n blue...........that dancefloor deserves to be rammed to the end & I'll be doing my damndest to play what people wanna hear at 'sun Uppers'.................& send you home buzzin'...........a few suprises in their too to keep ya guessing though :hatsoff2: .

Maybe..............

Explosive Dynamiks c/up

Judy Freeman & Blackrock c/up

Windy City Symphony c/up

Charlie Gracie c/up

Mighty Ryders c/up etc, etc, etc.............

Lets see how it goes, summat for everyone, but the dancefloor will rule........

Best Russ

Looking forward to it Russ, i was gonna play a track ive coverd up as Charlie Gracie, but have since recoverd it up as Gary Glitter :hatsoff2: think musically, this will be the best the south coast has seen for years thumbsup.gif

Guest BintofSoul

I'm really looking forward to Soul in the South allnighter. I'm likely to be coming on my own now but I know I'll be amongst the South's most soulful peeps! Bring it on shopping and soul, what more does a girl need!

Hi Sallie and Rod.........................looks like you're gonna have a great niter :thumbsup:

sorry we can't make it,

see you in September ( Hitsville)

best..................... John and Carys :rolleyes:

Hi John & Carys

Sorry you can't make it, guess it's a long way from North Wales. Maybe you could come down in the summer and make a weekend of it.

Look forward to catching up with you both at Hitsville.

Take care, Sallie & Rod

Looking forward to it Russ, i was gonna play a track ive coverd up as Charlie Gracie, but have since recoverd it up as Gary Glitter :thumbsup: think musically, this will be the best the south coast has seen for years :thumbsup:

Lol...:wicked: .............

I'm really hoping that everyone will do the whole night, as I think the ones who may disappear early will really have missed summat & actually the whole point in a way, anyone can do a soul night, an Allnighter is extra special, especially one of this quality & on the South Coast, bloody amazing really............aint nothing like a rammed dance floor at 6am, now that is a special feeling & I would like to see Sallie n Rods faces when the last record plays when this is the case on Friday..........ya got the whole weekend to kip, if ya gonna do it, do it right & All Night boys n girls............i'm sweating blood to try & bring summat special to the party & would love y;all to be sharing the soul with me & the faithfull ........

Love, Peace n Soulfulness

Russ

Guest Dave Mortimore

Lol...:thumbsup: .............

I'm really hoping that everyone will do the whole night, as I think the ones who may disappear early will really have missed summat & actually the whole point in a way, anyone can do a soul night, an Allnighter is extra special, especially one of this quality & on the South Coast, bloody amazing really............aint nothing like a rammed dance floor at 6am, now that is a special feeling & I would like to see Sallie n Rods faces when the last record plays when this is the case on Friday..........ya got the whole weekend to kip, if ya gonna do it, do it right & All Night boys n girls............I'm sweating blood to try & bring summat special to the party & would love y;all to be sharing the soul with me & the faithfull ........

Russ

. Please don't think you always have to bust a gut Russ!

. The extended? unissued version of Judy Freeman - Hold on, which you once ended a set at Rubyz one night some three years back would do nicely.

. It packed out the floor then and I'm sure it would do it again. yes.gif

Edited by Dave Mortimore

Really looking forward to the jaunt down South, shaping up to be a top night by the seaside!!! Honoured to be asked to do this, but would have come anyway, with the quality line up that's on offer here!!

Des Parker

Hi Des

Really looking forward to giving you a South Coast welcome....hear the temperature is gonna rise for the weekend !!!

Gonna be a great nite of Soul, can't wait. See you Friday.

Regards, Sallie

Lol...:wicked: .............

I'm really hoping that everyone will do the whole night, as I think the ones who may disappear early will really have missed summat & actually the whole point in a way, anyone can do a soul night, an Allnighter is extra special, especially one of this quality & on the South Coast, bloody amazing really............aint nothing like a rammed dance floor at 6am, now that is a special feeling & I would like to see Sallie n Rods faces when the last record plays when this is the case on Friday..........ya got the whole weekend to kip, if ya gonna do it, do it right & All Night boys n girls............i'm sweating blood to try & bring summat special to the party & would love y;all to be sharing the soul with me & the faithfull ........

Russ

no better feeling than dancing to the last tune at a nighter before walking around trying to think what to do next cos you just had 10 hours of ecstasy through your ears and running through your veins then mooching about outside with all your fellow nighter freinds not knowing wether to go home or just stand around until everyone has gone and you have no one left to chat to :thumbsup:

we will be there Russ to the very end as per usual and what a fooking releif it aint gonna be a 2/3/4/5 etc hour drive home for once :lol:

you must be chomping at the bit and raring to go mate after life in the sand pit yes.gif

seee you Friday its gonna be mad bad and fook all like bagdad :thumbsup:

getting that "what the fook am i goona play" thoughts in me head non stop now :)

Guest Sean Haydon

Can't wait till Friday, everything sorted. Meeting up with Karl and co. where the fun starts in the boogie bus. A few of us travelling down from the midlands, hoping to make this a night to remember yes.gif

(Karl, you better keep that record box locked up mate)

See ya all there,

Sean

Can't wait till Friday, everything sorted. Meeting up with Karl and co. where the fun starts in the boogie bus. A few of us travelling down from the midlands, hoping to make this a night to remember yes.gif

See ya all there,

Sean

Hi Sean, looking forward to catching up with you been a long time no see, have a safe journey down matey and see you Friday :thumbsup:

Bearsy

Hi Sean

Really looking forward to seeing you all. Just make sure that Karl remembers the key for his record box !!!

Roll on Friday, only 2 more sleeps !!!

Regards

Sallie & Rod

See ya all there,

Sean

Edited by salliejane

just had a weekend in ...shock horror !! ...and wierd....so we are looking forward to our first night out in bournemouth even more...sadly will have to be a lightweight and miss being on the dancefloor till dawn as im playing in bristol saturday night after the drive back so gotta save some juice...but with this line up will be an early starter on the floor to make up !

dean

just had a weekend in ...shock horror !! ...and wierd....so we are looking forward to our first night out in bournemouth even more...sadly will have to be a lightweight and miss being on the dancefloor till dawn as im playing in bristol saturday night after the drive back so gotta save some juice...but with this line up will be an early starter on the floor to make up !

dean

Glad you're gonna make it down to Bournemouth, pity you can't stay until the end....but I'll have a dance for you instead lol !!!

Good luck with your nite on Saturday....bring some flyers down.

See you on Friday.

Regards, Sallie

Hope its nice and dark in there Sally, we like it dark, plus i look better :D

I'll just avert my gaze as per usual Tim, you'll be ok I'm sure :(

Russ, I've moved 'said' records to my car. It's cold enough not to warp them. No way I can forget them now :thumbsup:

Source Advert