Steve Mancha

Derek Pearson

I'm being a bit of a silly billy I guess - I'd drafted summat dead interesting about Mister Mancha and was gonna tag on a couple o' sound clips to explain.

But seeing as Refosoul is down there's no point me posting up the words without the sound.

So I guess there was no point me opening this thread.

See. I told you I was being a bit of a silly billy.

Nowt on tele. Borrocks.

Think I'll take dog out in the snow again.

Sigh.

derek

Social source share

• Replies 18
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I'm being a bit of a silly billy I guess - I'd drafted summat dead interesting about Mister Mancha and was gonna tag on a couple o' sound clips to explain.

But seeing as Refosoul is down there's no point me posting up the words without the sound.

Nowt on tele. Borrocks.

Sigh.

derek

Some are working but no uploading yet !!

steve mancha - monday through thursday - groovesville

Social source share

OH Lovely a bit of Mancha and minus 8 lol,off to watch a film now but would Love to hear "still in my heart" tiS just incredible !!!

BAZ A

steve mancha - your still in my heart - groovesville

Social source share

lol get it up anyway Derek can tag the sounds on when refosoul is back -re Steve Mancha my old mate AL Coney used to have some great chats with him on the phone till his £2300 bill came in !! Could always be the Mancha trivia thread lol-!!

BAZ A.

thanks Baz but under cross examination my lips always stay sealed.

Mancha trivia thread? - oh bubbles - please no - you're winding me up aren't ya?

Don't say somebody's already p*ssed on my bonfire.

Gonna have to seach the whole site now just in case.

Double Big Sigh.

derek

Love Alan Coney hahaha but - we always used to stop off at his house on the way back from a soul night somewhere in a field 20 miles west of Bishop Auckland.

No street lamps, no petrol stations, no map.

Think I was late for my DJ spot every time. Oops

Right Alan we'll have a quick coffee, play half dozen records and then we'll be off.

What I should have said was 500 records and 4 hours later...

Edited by Derek Pearson
Social source share

Some are working but no uploading yet !!

Nice one Kenny trust you're well.

Tell you what - whilst I was having a mad one sorting out a carrier bag full of old photos recently, what should pop out but an old photo of you looking rather svelte at a Bradford Queens Hall all-nighter sometime circa early 90s.

And nothing you can say or do will stop me uploading it soon hahaha.

But then again I could be open to offers of bribery and corruption.

take care fella.

derek

Social source share

Nice one Kenny trust you're well.

Tell you what - whilst I was having a mad one sorting out a carrier bag full of old photos recently, what should pop out but an old photo of you looking rather svelte at a Bradford Queens Hall all-nighter sometime circa early 90s.

And nothing you can say or do will stop me uploading it soon hahaha.

But then again I could be open to offers of bribery and corruption.

take care fella.

derek

Nice one Derek lad, bang it up somewhere any from Bensons ?

Social source share

Nowt on tele. Borrocks.

Sigh.

derek

Is it old age mixing things up or did isee Steve Mancha on top of the pops many moons ago

DJ :ohmy:

Social source share

Was lucky to of been the one sort of looking after him.On his first visit he was stopping over at Chris Kings house in Carlton,Notts we then ran him up to Parr Hall,Warrington,he went on stage and did a bit of DJing.The second time he sang at that Birmingham Venue and apart from when he was doing the business he wouldnt let me leave his side.I used to see him on my trips in Detroit and he never forgot me,proberly had all his released stuff,a fantastic singer.Hope his health improves Dave

Social source share

Was lucky to of been the one sort of looking after him.On his first visit he was stopping over at Chris Kings house in Carlton,Notts we then ran him up to Parr Hall,Warrington,he went on stage and did a bit of DJing.The second time he sang at that Birmingham Venue and apart from when he was doing the business he wouldnt let me leave his side.I used to see him on my trips in Detroit and he never forgot me,proberly had all his released stuff,a fantastic singer.Hope his health improves Dave

Gilly did you used to go to Wigan and were you trying to complete the Carnival label?

DJ :thumbsup:

Social source share

good story Gilly me old mate-I always feel he never gets the plaudits he deserves particulary for the seventies stuff Glass House etc would love a complete discography of all his work if anyone can help it will give me something to do over xmas -to see how many I have etc and to fill some gaps ,play so many records by him all of the time particulary storyteller etc -need to be needed is one of my favs etc -he is a massive talent !!

Social source share

As I may have mentioned previously, and probably relating to your association with the great man I have one of your old Detroit collection tucked away in one of my boxes....and it reads....".to Gilly much love Steve Mancha", albeit the 45 is actually the Groovesville release-I must Love you, by Melvin Davis....alas whilst I probably have the technology...I lack the know-how to upload / download an appropriate photo of it :)

wilxy hatsoff2.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert