Usos, Sat. 18Th Dec. 2010

Guest SoulRenaissance

Guest SoulRenaissance

Thought i'd do a rundown of the last USOS for 2010 while i'm on this thread.

As expected numbers were well down, and as Pete Thorp would say "The fire restrictions were not in danger of being breached".

Numbers were low, temperature was low, but the spirit, joviality, dj's, and quality of the sounds was not.

Had plenty of laughs along the way. John Pugh was a little late, heroically braving the elements. To be followed shortly afterwards by Kenny Onions. Now not having seen Kenny for months didn't realise he was still on crutches, so when he 'walked' in with a pair. It seemed right comical.

Also joined by Ted due to Brookfileds being cancelled. Asked him about his wants list and because of his 'elderly' status on the scene, enquired if a disabled scooter was on this list. And if he wanted to buy one? Anybody?

Tunes were top drawer all the way, with an improvised line up due to absentees.

Just hope they put some playlists up later?

Thanks to Ged Parker and his wife, Chris Jones, Chic and his wife, Kiddo, Neil & Chimene, Ted Massey, Kenny Onions, John Pugh and his son, Ricey, Cotty & Jackie, Pete Best, Woody & Lou.

Also my partners in crime Kev & Sharon.

On behalf of those we'd like to thank everyone for their supportt this year, and to wish everyone, everywhere a merry Christmas and happy New Year. Hope to see you at various venues during the forthcoming year.

USOS will be back next year when work in progress will continue.

Martyn

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Ferrett

Yeah, it might of been minus 12 outside but it was red hot on the turntables!!

In some ways, I love quieter nights like this because DJ's can delve towards the back of their boxes and experiment with something a little different. EVERY DJ surprised me with something I've not heard for ages or something I simply didn't know.

USOS is a class act and we will follow you wherever you go.

Well done chaps. Here's to some packers in 2011 once we've all thawed out!!:lol:

Have a good Christmas everyone

Neil & Chimene (The Ferretts)

Edited by Ferrett
Guest SoulRenaissance

Joan, Tony, and all. Not to worry, the weather was atrocious.Hopefully we'll all meet up somewhere soon. But i will say, you'd have enjoyed last night.

Martyn

sorry we could not make it..the weather put paid to most peoples plans..look forward to the next one instead. Thanks Kev for the call..

Kitch

No Worrys we would have rather people be safe than risk life and limb to get there, you will defo be invited back in the near future along with cliff...

Edited by munchkin

Some corking tunes fed my soul prior to feeding my face next w'end ! The intrepid travellers, including the later arrivals ( our car, basically, dug out by my lad in order for us to get there at all) got treated to some fine soul fare. Enjoyed the sets I was there for, but have to say Martyn was well on form and played the set of the night for me, wish I hadn't sold my Alcon Shades ( or did I ? ah well that'll give me somethin to go searching through the boxes for over the festive period !)

will have a think and put up my plays later on when my head is defrosted !

Guest SoulRenaissance

Some of the random selections from the back of the box, or hastily grabbed from the 'spares' box.

Played roughly in this order as follows.

Debbie Rollins "Who cares what people say" (Ascot).

Estelle Brown "Stick close" (UA)

Janet Jays "Hurting over you" (HI)

Cody Black "I am particular" (Wheelsville)

The Volumes "Maintain your cool" (Twirl)

The Charts "Nobody made me love you" (Wand)

Barbara Jean & Lyrics "Any two can play it" (Big Hit)

Hesitations "Is this the way to treat a girl" (GWP)

Dynamics "You can make it if you try" (Columbia)

Alcon Shades "All is forgiven" (Blue Rock)

Clarence Johns "I don't mind waitin" (Mar-vel)

Uptights "Shy guy" (Columbia)

Jimmy Castor "Fabulous New York" (Jet Set)

Major Lance "Delilah" (Okeh)

Universal Joint "Love wont wear off" (Sniff)

laid up in bed with flu. I never thought I would make it my self, as woody was on stand by for me, but we did, and we stopped over, and you know, I loved it, it was a little cosy soul party, spent with good people, and bloody good tunes, we all knew the numbers was gonna be low, but that never really bothered anybody at all, as some one sed, weather their was 30 or 300 , the music was still of the same high quality, every bodys set was amazing, and its always good to hear Chris out, John yr trousers are still tight :lol::Dbut tar fa the tip about the water :thumbsup:

think mr and mrs Parker did an amazing job coming all the way from where they do come from, what a star!!!

Guest Spinning Vinyl

First night out in an absolute age but glad I battled the elements to fix my soul addiction :thumbsup: Even though as mentioned the numbers were low the music was grade A all the way .... from cheap to rare, the quality always there :lol: Enjoyed double decking with Kev and everyone else treated to me with some sublime spots ty guys n gals :thumbsup: Hope to get out more next year and enjoy more soulful offerings :ohmy:

Guest Phil Richards

Some corking tunes fed my soul prior to feeding my face next w'end ! The intrepid travellers, including the later arrivals ( our car, basically, dug out by my lad in order for us to get there at all) got treated to some fine soul fare. Enjoyed the sets I was there for, but have to say Martyn was well on form and played the set of the night for me, wish I hadn't sold my Alcon Shades ( or did I ? ah well that'll give me somethin to go searching through the boxes for over the festive period !)

will have a think and put up my plays later on when my head is defrosted !

You sold a 45 ohmy.gif never :)