Grosvenor Rooms Sat Dec 18Th

Guest RICTIC

thumbsup.gif hiya soulies, YES ,it was another packer at the grov , got there at 8,oclock rob was on res dj he had the dance floor buzzin then i went on at 9 played some underplayed gems and n/soul classics still the dance floor was full and it was rockin after me was are guest dj ian gee [the soul father] he played top quality northern soul oldies from the first record to the last one ,after ian me & rob finished the nite of playing uptempo ,midtempo tunes that kept the crowd happy and not foregetting the motown room oggy cressy ,dave. gaz playing your motown & commercial soul and it was a packed in there as well ,thank you every body who turned up to make this a nite to remember, thats it untill next time at the grov ,or i will see you at forest town welfare boxing day nite with guest dj dougie hall and res djs carl & ian well thats it for now merry xmas & a happy new year ktf rictic :D :D

GET THE BUZZ BACK[come to the grov]:ohmy:

• Replies 6
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest SoulSceneRob

Missed you last night Carl, Hope your feeling better. biggrin.gif

Just like to say a BIG thank you to all who attended. We couldnt do it without you, 250 in attendance last night. Ian Gee played an awesome spot AS ALWAYS, it's always a pleasure to have the Soul father grace our decks. thumbup.gif Also thanks to all our res dj's for their hard work this last year, Dave, Gaz, Cressy, Oggy, Graham and myself. We would like to wish you all a very merry Christmas and a truly Soulful new year.

Me, Mark, Liz, Paula, Rachael, Tina & the Grosvenor Rooms Look forward to doing it all again in 2011 and were already planning the anual dayer.

Drive safe, dance hard & keep the faith (the BEST Soulies in the Midlands)

Keeping the faith always

Rob...

Edited by SoulSceneRob

:lol: hiya soulies, YES ,it was another packer at the grov , got there at 8,oclock rob was on res dj he had the dance floor buzzin then i went on at 9 played some underplayed gems and n/soul classics still the dance floor was full and it was rockin after me was are guest dj ian gee [the soul father] he played top quality northern soul oldies from the first record to the last one ,after ian me & rob finished the nite of playing uptempo ,midtempo tunes that kept the crowd happy and not foregetting the motown room oggy cressy ,dave. gaz playing your motown & commercial soul and it was a packed in there as well ,thank you every body who turned up to make this a nite to remember, thats it untill next time at the grov ,or i will see you at forest town welfare boxing day nite with guest dj dougie hall and res djs carl & ian well thats it for now merry xmas & a happy new year ktf rictic :lol: :lol:

GET THE BUZZ BACK[come to the grov]:lol:

Had a great night last night at the Grosvenor rooms

old friends in abundance and a big up for Marc Rob Graham and all the girls and everyone who

was there enjoying the Unique atmosphere we now know cannot be matched

as its Mansfield and the east midlands soul crew all rolled into one at to that the historical significance that Sutton in Ash has always had with the Soul family

remember Burtons, New Inn,Golden Diamond,Rev after Burtons changed its name ,The highlights of the year back in the late 6ts and early 7ts was New Years Eve at Sutton Baths ,Which is just down the road and last nights atmosphere reminded me of that,

great crowd great friends and Carl you missed a cracker,

hope all of you will join that other great team down the road at Forest Town on Boxing Day for another night of the music we all call Soul dancing to Memories of a long forgotten time,MANSFIELD in the late 6ts and 7ts where the soul was in the listening with your feet

PS will have Brid tickets with me on Boxing Day at Welfare Forest Town

pm if you want any saving

Good Morning Mark, Rob and Graham.

What a fantastic night at "The Grov", an absolute delight to be on the decks on such a great night. As Dougie says, lovely people in abundance all adds to the unique atmosphere that is generated within. My Bro was sorely missed.

Many thanks for inviting me down boys, enjoyed every minute of my set. See you all at Forest Town on Boxing Night.

KTF

Ian G

Another Christmas Cracker from The Grosvenor Lads thumbsup.gif

We always look forward to Ian G on the deck's :lol: & as always he had us dancing till we dropped :ohmy:

Thank you to Gray for playing Fred Hughs - Baby Boy :yes:

Have a lovely Christmas folk's & we will see you in the New Year :lol:

Debbie, Ian & Mr. Tinkles x x x

P.s Some photo's on the gallery x

Edited by parkash

Source Advert