Adam Topping profile photo

Move On Soul Club, 17Th December

Posted

Just wanted to get a lookback thread going for Friday night's Move On to say a big thank you to everyone who braved the snow and came along. Numbers were better than I thought they might be when the snow started falling! Great atmosphere and we were treated to sets of quality up tempo dancers from 60s northern and RnB to late 70s soul and funk and everything else in between.

Killa, Pat and Danny really treated us with their selections and thanks go to all three of you :ohmy:.

Special thanks to Kev and Amber for supplying the party food, all done by themselves without even being asked.....thank you both thumbsup.gif

Next one is our 2nd Anniversary 'Open Deck' special on Friday 21st Jan. Two years that have flown past and have only been possible due to the brilliant support from our great group of regulars, support that Matt and I really appreciate.

I'll take this chance to wish a very Happy Christmas and New Year to each and everyone of you and look forward to seeing you in 2011 :D

Adam.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

you gonna be playing this shite all night ph34r.gif

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Another quality night at Move On. :yes:

Always enjoy these nights, and being local is the icing on the cake.

Good to see the usual suspects but surprise of the night was Bearsy and Marie making an appearance. hatsoff2.gif

Adam your face was just a picture.

i could tell you were desperate to tell him to fook off or lay him out.

Just musically superb again.

Thanks to Amber and Kev for the snacks.

See you in 2011 if not before.

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Best

Tabs

Just wanted to get a lookback thread going for Friday night's Move On to say a big thank you to everyone who braved the snow and came along. Numbers were better than I thought they might be when the snow started falling! Great atmosphere and we were treated to sets of quality up tempo dancers from 60s northern and RnB to late 70s soul and funk and everything else in between.

Killa, Pat and Danny really treated us with their selections and thanks go to all three of you :yes:.

Special thanks to Kev and Amber for supplying the party food, all done by themselves without even being asked.....thank you both :ohmy:

Next one is our 2nd Anniversary 'Open Deck' special on Friday 21st Jan. Two years that have flown past and have only been possible due to the brilliant support from our great group of regulars, support that Matt and I really appreciate.

I'll take this chance to wish a very Happy Christmas and New Year to each and everyone of you and look forward to seeing you in 2011 :yes:

Adam.

:D :D

Still laughing here. :yes:

you gonna be playing this shite all night :D

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Great start to Christmas for me, Bradford last week and Move On Friday thumbsup.gif Just quickly echo Adam's thanks for everyone who made it there in horrible conditions, especially anyone travelling a great distance. Even more amazing is that people like Steve Csordas and Bearsy decided to drop in on their way elsewhere, makes us feel very thankful we have such support and everyone is welcome.

Great load of food laid on by Kev and Amber, especially the homemade cakes and even the cold pizza was going down a treat at the end of the night.

I'll post up details of the January anniversary once we've all got Christmas out of the way. Suffice to say we've got a few names for the open decks, we've decided to make it a charity event in which everyone pays to get in, no one gets paid to DJ, we'll take out the cost of the room (or maybe ask if we can have it free that night) and give the rest to charity. :ohmy:

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

you gonna be playing this shite all night :lol:

Shut it you b*stard and where's me money?? :lol: :lol: :Dlaugh.gif

Great meeting you really mate and yes you and Tabs had me pretty much steaming after our second chat at the decks :lol:. Next time can you either dress up like a gay superman or wear cucumber slices for glasses so I will actually recognise you :lol:

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Shut it you b*stard and where's me money?? :lol::D:lol:laugh.gif

Great meeting you really mate and yes you and Tabs had me pretty much steaming after our second chat at the decks :lol:. Next time can you either dress up like a gay superman or wear cucumber slices for glasses so I will actually recognise you :lol:

I have never met someone to be so calm and nice even when getting verbally assulted to their face as you was Adam, you really are a nice man :yes:

sorry but being the idiot i am i had to do it twice :D :D

money nearly sorted if i can be bothered that is and great meeting you too matey :lol:

now on a serious note,

the venue = Superb and easy to find

sound system = loud and clear

and the tunes played refreshing and top quality

just felt a bit embarrassed that we spent 10 minutes in the other room wondering why everyone was dressed like cowboys cos we knew Adam was playing at that time but it took Marie to point out the Move On room was next door :lol: bloody line dancers they get everywhere :D

will defo be back for the whole night very soon its everything i lik eabout a soul night and would be even better if it was a nighter :no:

atb

Bearsy & Marie

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Pete and myself really enjoyed Friday night. Amber, loved the cakes. Looking forward to next month,lets hope the snow has gone be then. Pat and Peter.

Share this forum post

soul source url
  1. Move On! Soul Club Coventry 17th April
    Events Archive by Matt Male on Sun 05 Apr 2009
    • 48 / 1538
    • SteveC on 17 Apr 2009
  2. Move On Soul Club 17Th September
    Events Archive by Matt Male on Mon 06 Sep 2010
    • 23 / 1243
    • Adam Topping on 17 Sep 2010
  3. Move On Soul Club 17Th December
    Events Archive by Matt Male on Sun 05 Dec 2010
    • 36 / 1872
    • Tabs on 18 Dec 2010
  4. Last One At Move On Soul Club 17Th June
    Events Archive by Matt Male on Fri 03 Jun 2011
    • 50 / 1984
    • Dave Abbott on 17 Jun 2011
  5. Move On, 17Th November
    Event Playlists by Adam Topping on Tue 23 Nov 2010
    • 1 / 949
    • Adam Topping on 23 Nov 2010
  6. Landy Mcneil - Move It (Move On)
    Record Wants by Guest on Sat 25 Dec 2010
    • 2 / 364
    • Ringleader on 27 Dec 2010

Source Adverts

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.