Talk Of The South 18Th December

Guest t o t s s c

Guest t.o.t.s.s.c

a massive thankyou to the 50ish people who managed to attend our christmas bash.what should have been a two room event was reduced to just the one with a great party feel to the night.with locals able to walk to the venue and those that did manage to get there in cars and taxis all got stuck in and enjoyed the night.special thanks to Dean who drove from Bristol to attend.the next event in june will be our 10th anniversary.anybody with tickets for the christmas event who could not get there will be able to swap there tickets for the anniversary.

merry christmas to you all.

pete tebbutt.

• Replies 5
  • Views 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

hi pete..well despite it being a smaller event than planned and most of the other djs not being able to get in me and nicci had a great night....the two tebbutt lads did good ! some crackin tunes

the journey up their was a nightmare 5 hours!!!...gave up trying to get on the m25 and went into london instead...had a bump ,slid into a parked car and that was 100 yards from my house !!

got there a lot later than planned but had a room right above the music room and could feel the bass coming through the floor...we polished off a bottle of cava in about 20 mins and then a few pints on top meant i was just a little drunker than normal so apoligies if i did anyones head in...probably kriss but he did play some blinders...somehow i thought freedom was on the turntable and was chatting to him how i had it....when it started turned out to be bamblam which i havnt !!...

many thanx for not cancelling

dean

Guest matt tees

hi pete..well despite it being a smaller event than planned and most of the other djs not being able to get in me and nicci had a great night....the two tebbutt lads did good ! some crackin tunes

the journey up their was a nightmare 5 hours!!!...gave up trying to get on the m25 and went into london instead...had a bump ,slid into a parked car and that was 100 yards from my house !!

got there a lot later than planned but had a room right above the music room and could feel the bass coming through the floor...we polished off a bottle of cava in about 20 mins and then a few pints on top meant i was just a little drunker than normal so apoligies if i did anyones head in...probably kriss but he did play some blinders...somehow i thought freedom was on the turntable and was chatting to him how i had it....when it started turned out to be bamblam which i havnt !!...

many thanx for not cancelling

dean

Dean and Nicki fanatstic effort in getting there!!! What a journey, I know there were others who tried to get there and were so many who texted and emailed to say how gutted they were to miss it, so was I. We are in discussions with the managerment to see if we can get another one and if so we will get to celebrate our 10th Anniversary however it will be one room but will be a great mix!! if we can pull it off! will keep you posted!!

Edited by matt tees

Hi Pete

Sorry we didn't make it but we did try, we left Bedford at around 3:30 and after spending 1hr on the A6 getting as far as Deadman's Hill we turned back and decided to go via the A421 / M1 from Bedford getting stuck in traffic first at Marston and then moved about 100yards and sat stationary for another 3hrs before the police closed one lane at Brogbourgh eventually getting to the M1 at about 8.15. The motorway was shut in both directions so we gave up and head home, getting back around 9.30. I'm glad that some people turned out but I know for sure that at least 20 plus did try to get there from Bedford and all had the same problems either by car or the train service which working for First Capital Connect wasn't guaranteed to get you back the last service from London was 10.10 at night.

It's nice of you to offer everyone who had brought a ticket an exchange for a ticket at the 10th anniversary next year, and I think and that goes for everyone who didn't make we were all gutted and all hope to see you next year.

Well done to all those that made it.

KTF

Dave and friends

PS

To all the DJ's and Soulies that over the years have made 'Talk Of The South' the place to be in Bedfordshire

Have A Great Christmas

Dean and Nicki fanatstic effort in getting there!!! What a journey, I know there were others who tried to get there and were so many who texted and emailed to say how gutted they were to miss it, so was I. We are in discussions with the managerment to see if we can get another one and if so we will get to celebrate our 10th Anniversary however it will be one room but will be a great mix!! if we can pull it off! will keep you posted!!

thanx sean but we're just tight !! hotel and ticket already paid for :lol::thumbsup: ...

nah this is just a great mix of music more nights should look into...as for next year be great if you could do it and we'd be there...as long as its not on the 1st saturday of the month as we all booked up at go go children...i know you gotta do what dates siuts you best but if you get a choice try remember us cos wed love to make it....great rooms in the hotel too !

dean

Source Advert