• Replies 8
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

its an acetate only isnt it ?

JR wrote it,

easier to get the UK release on Piccadily by Keith and Billie ( if I remember right )

try Dave Rivers as I sold him a demo a couple of years ago and he might want to move it on

good luck

Spot on Headsy, acetate only version was Barbara Jean English, think Pete S had the acetate for sale on here a while back and he posted it in refosoul....

[rx]32778[/rx]

The acetate is great but I actualy prefer the UK Piccadily version by Keith and Billie, even give it the odd spin when I DJ, plus it has a decent version of 'You Move, You Lose' on the flip.

[rx]67783[/rx]

[rx]67785[/rx]

Social source share

Pretty sure there was an acetate of JR as well, I've certainly got a recording of it, if you search Chris's sales you will come across it. Knowing Chris there will be a few dodgy acetates as well as he was getting them cut and putting old labels on them. The supposedly real acetates were too cheap if they were real IMO.

And I'm sorry but the Keith and Billie is sh*te compared to both Jimmy Radcliffe and BJE takes, IMO of course.

Social source share

Pretty sure there was an acetate of JR as well, I've certainly got a recording of it, if you search Chris's sales you will come across it. Knowing Chris there will be a few dodgy acetates as well as he was getting them cut and putting old labels on them. The supposedly real acetates were too cheap if they were real IMO.

And I'm sorry but the Keith and Billie is sh*te compared to both Jimmy Radcliffe and BJE takes, IMO of course.

All about opinions Chalky and doesn't bother me if people disagree with mine, be a boring scene with the same DJs playing the the same 100 records every weekend if we all shared the same opinion on what's good and what's not :lol::thumbsup:

Social source share

All about opinions Chalky and doesn't bother me if people disagree with mine, be a boring scene with the same DJs playing the the same 100 records every weekend if we all shared the same opinion on what's good and what's not :lol::thumbsup:

Opinions like ars*holes, we've all got one biggrin.gif I did put IMO and you are right it would be boring if we all liked the same stuff.

JR and BJE for me are better dancers with better arrangements, flow that bit better for the dancers. The Keith and Billie doesn't do anything at all for me.

Social source share

I think Chris did maybe 3 copies of the Barbara English, funnily enough I sold it twice!

There is definitely a Jimmy Radcliffe version.

One of the saddest things about the whole Chris Radcliffe subject, I asked him if he had the original demo of Jenny Wren's "Chasing my dream all over town", which Jimmy wrote, after a week or two he came back and said he'd found it, except the laquer had peeled off part of the record and only around a minute and a half existed - there was no master tape, just this one acetate. He did send it to me but I lost the recording. It was a girl singing and the arrangement was totally different but very good.

Social source share

Opinions like ars*holes, we've all got one :yes: I did put IMO and you are right it would be boring if we all liked the same stuff.

JR and BJE for me are better dancers with better arrangements, flow that bit better for the dancers. The Keith and Billie doesn't do anything at all for me.

Sorry Chalky, hate to seem like I'm arguing with you but have to disagree with the bit in bold............cos as far as I can work out the people on this scene don't all have their own opinion, roughly 40% have their own opinion, 15% have exactly the same opinion as Soul Sam, 15% have the same opinion as Butch, 10% share the opinion of anyone more known/respected than themselves told them to have and the final 20% are so off their heads they don't even know what an opinion is :D :D

Edited by Guest
Social source share