Maxine Brown Mystery Track

Patto

HI Guys

Got talking to a mate last week about the fantastic Maxine Brown and her brill recordings.We both went through our faves but it brought me back to a mystery track thats been bugging me for years.

During one of the early years Stoke Kings Hall Togetherness Nighters around 98/99 the usual classics were being played and the place was buzzing.Then out of the blue a track came on that didn't quite fit into the stompers being played and it took everyone by surprise.

It was e female vocal which started slow almost spoken vocals for 30 seconds before breaking out into a great dance tempo which brought the dancers back to life.When it was over the DJ who i think could have been Dave Evison Called it as Maxine Brown.

All these years later i have not heard the same track played out and i have listened to all the maxine tracks i can find.Starting to think this was one of those escape from reality moments we all have from time to time mid allnighter.LONG LONG shot but can anyone on here offer any suggestion as to what the track can be or can you remember the event the track did stop people in there tracks and you recall them moments.

Regards and happy christmas

PATTO

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Thanks for the replies guys. Yes i think it could have been the Melba moore track i remember sounds right with the spoken intro lasting long enough to raise eyebrows before a great philly beat kicked in with a powerful vocal.Thank Ian for me please Pete was it the man himself who was spinning the track that night?Also Arkwright thanks for Seems Youve Forsaken My Love--one of Maxine Browns finest records.Another fuzzy nighter moment cleared up off to get me a copy now.

Social source share

Thanks for the replies guys. Yes i think it could have been the Melba moore track i remember sounds right with the spoken intro lasting long enough to raise eyebrows before a great philly beat kicked in with a powerful vocal.Thank Ian for me please Pete was it the man himself who was spinning the track that night?Also Arkwright thanks for Seems Youve Forsaken My Love--one of Maxine Browns finest records.Another fuzzy nighter moment cleared up off to get me a copy now.

if you get the demo it does not have the slow start straight into the uptempoi part i think i have a demo and an issue somewhere also there is an album.

mark

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

the track in question starts off as its going to be a ballad then launches into an uptempo number , its from a stage show.

...Correct. 'I Got Love' was Melba's big number in the stage show 'Purlie', which she went into after she'd been a member of the cast of 'Hair'...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!