Juanita Williams - Baby Boy Credits

eddiep

Can anyone tell me the reason as to why there is a difference in credits. Was it different issues or pressing plants that caused this?

(R.E. Produced by ....Rob Reeco on my issue and "Popcorn" Wylie on my WLP) and is there a differences in value's.

Seem to remember it being said there was way back when but not sure it was this one now.

Cheers y'all for any help ! :thumbup:

Edited by eddiep
Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Hi Eddie

There are yellow issues and white DJ copies credited to Popcorn Wylie and Bob Reeco.

Plus there are several different label layouts of each type. That is just down to using different pressing plants.

Manship's Guide has the Bob Reeco version as higher in price compared to the Popcorn Wylie.

Not sure which came first and why to be honest.

Cheers

Richard

Social source share

Hi Eddie

There are yellow issues and white DJ copies credited to Popcorn Wylie and Bob Reeco.

Plus there are several different label layouts of each type. That is just down to using different pressing plants.

Manship's Guide has the Bob Reeco version as higher in price compared to the Popcorn Wylie.

Not sure which came first and why to be honest.

Cheers

Richard

Thanks Richard.

Still a few unanswered questions tho.... :thumbup:

Anyone shed some more light ....

Social source share

FIRSTLY, IVE NEVER SEEN OR POSESSED DEMO'S OF EITHER THE GOLDEN GORLD OR WINGATE RELEASES BY JUANITA WILLIAMS, ONLY YELLOW AND RED ISSUES RESPECTFULLY. NATURALLY THEY CARRY THE ZTSC MACHINE PRESSED STAMP MARK ALTHOUGH, AS FAR AS IM AWARE, NEITHER HAVE EVER APPEARED ON THICK, BLACK CHUNKY VINYL...JUST THE SORT THAT LOOKS LIKE STYRENE BUT BETTER QUALITY. AS FOR RELEASE DATES: BABY BOY WAS ISSUED IN 64 C/W YOU KNEW WHAT YOU WAS GETTIN....THE WINGATE RELEASE CONSISTED OF SOMETHINGS YOU NEVER GET USED TO C/W YOU NKEW WHATYOU WAS GETTIN WHICH CAME OUT IN 65.

Social source share

So then........

Back to the original question guys.....

Why the difference in credits and is there really that much of a difference in values ?

Anyone ???

BTW.

I know many are having it tough at the moment so where ever you are at the end of this year I wish you all a better one in the next.

Have a soulful and prosperious New Year people :hatsoff2:

ATB

Eddie

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!