Absent Friends

Guest proudlove

Guest proudlove

In amongst the madness of Christmas Day can we all just take minute to remember people who are no longer with us,maybe raise a glass and remember.

Steve.

Social source share

• Replies 48
  • Views 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

In amongst the madness of Christmas Day can we all just take minute to remember people who are no longer with us,maybe raise a glass and remember.

Steve.

I'll certainly be doing that Steve :wave:

I also visit my mum,my nana & a lady that I classed as my other nana christmas morning to put flowers on their grave. My christmas would not be complete without thinking of absent friends & family .

Ali x

Social source share

Guest Mrs Simsy

Good thread i`ll be raising a glass to all my fiends who are sadly no longer with us. They will be with me forever

JOCELYN TURPIN

CHRIS LOWCOCK

BILLY [WHIZZ] JOLANDS

TERRY LAMBERT

ALAN POLLARD

KYLE MAGHILL

PETE LAWSON

+ MANY, MANY MORE

yes.gif

Pete Robinson, Margie Rimmer and Grandad Ben.wub.gif

Bucks Fizz raised to them all.x

Social source share

I'll certainly be doing that Steve thumbsup.gif

I also visit my mum,my nana & a lady that I classed as my other nana christmas morning to put flowers on their grave. My christmas would not be complete without thinking of absent friends & family .

Ali x

You are forever that true and beautiful person,bless you.

Social source share

Steve.

Always remembered, never forgotton, still missed dearly, our good mate Poma (Rob Pomeroy)

Dave & Claire x

post-11092-0-12590100-1293275299_thumb.j

Social source share

Guest spudmurphy

We have lost a lot from Stocky over the years , Chris Trafford , Mick Sales , Phil Mc Kinney , Ste Littlewood Joey Burns and Sean Gibbons hatsoff2.gif

knew chris from when he was hanging around with wendy barton at stockport crusaders scooter club knew all the rest as well mostly from brinny johnny littlewood and micky littlewood have also died recently.

Social source share

three I classed as real friends - always there for me with a smile, a kiss and love

the beautiful Sylvia Croasdale, the wonderful Randy Cousins and the man I only knew as a maker of fabulous creme caramel with a wonderful sense of humour - Dave Godin

sleep tight all of you

x

Social source share

few from the midlands

Phil Shelton

Brin Lane

Martyn Randle

Crispy (and his ex partner Dawn)

Smudge(never Remember his full name)

not forgetting Max Millward...

Dont forget Mick Vickers Frtom Crewe A Great Guy...(one of the Best)+

Dave Alcock fron Stoke..

Kim And Karen Jones (runcorn)< and their Brotherthink it was Pete(three From one family really bad)

Edited by munchkin
Social source share

few from the midlands

Phil Shelton

Brin Lane

Martyn Randle

Crispy (and his ex partner Dawn)

Smudge(never Remember his full name)

not forgetting Max Millward...

Dont forget Mick Vickers Frtom Crewe A Great Guy...(one of the Best)+

Dave Alcock fron Stoke..

Kim And Karen Jones (runcorn)< and their Brotherthink it was Pete(three From one family really bad)

miss crispy a lot..i phoned his house on the morning he died his dad was the first to tell me :lol:

mick vickers what a guy he was one of the earliest friends i had on the scene

Social source share

Anthony - Its Not The Same ,,,, Somethings Missing! ,,,,

Nigel Shaw ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, A Stafford Soulman :huh:

Ditto Nige , we were only talkin last nite about Shawy and the great times we all shared with him. I will raise a glass in his honour tonight. Cheers. :thumbsup:

Edited by daz mc
Social source share

GOOD CALL STEVE. HERE ARE SOME BUT THERE WILL BE LOTS MORE THAT HAVE BEEN UNJUSTLY MISSED

BRIAN LEAR

NEIL BROADLEY

ALLEN PILKINGTON

JOHN REED

CLARKE JOSEPH (CLARKEY)

BILL DAVIS

RUSS DAVY

DAVE GRIFFITHS

STEVE GOODISON

BOB PARKER

ROB WOTTON

PETE HANNAH

Social source share

GOOD CALL STEVE. HERE ARE SOME BUT THERE WILL BE LOTS MORE THAT HAVE BEEN UNJUSTLY MISSED

BRIAN LEAR

NEIL BROADLEY

ALLEN PILKINGTON

JOHN REED

CLARKE JOSEPH (CLARKEY)

BILL DAVIS

RUSS DAVY

DAVE GRIFFITHS

STEVE GOODISON

BOB PARKER

ROB WOTTON

PETE HANNAH

Social source share

BRIAN LEAR

NEIL BROADLEY

ALLEN PILKINGTON

JOHN REED

CLARKE JOSEPH (CLARKEY)

BILL DAVIS

RUSS DAVY

DAVE GRIFFITHS

Its 8 years since pilky died on dec 28th 2002 he was my partner for 8yrs and a good friend for nearly 40 year Bri lear was at my house many times and my kids loved the cheek he had with them cos they never saw the bad side he is missed by them that knew him but my dog that he left tied up outside the local chemist is a story we cahat about for years to come!! he forgot the dog and after 6 hours of realising no dog he panicked but went back to see if he left her on his way at some point alas she wasnt outside the chemist an old lady saw her and the shady bloke she was with brian shady never!! and kept an eye on the mutt and at closing time told the lady at the store My dog had a micro chip collar and tagged so the address clearly on it could have let me know with one phone call BUT thort that shady man was unsuitable to own her why? he looked shady als my kids and pilky cried cos no dog in site brian and me looked all over the place for hours after 3 days we get an anonymous tip off over the phone saying she knew where my dog was WHAT the eck shes locked up behind bars she aint no criminal pilky and bri yes but thr dog dont do dog jail some neglect animals me i love her so why is she hijacked by a nutter that thort bri was shady she wantin reward from crimewatch I offered a reward and offered to meet the lady to give her it as a thank you she declined and sed she want to be anonymous WHY? pilky goes to the dog kennels but he had to drive rather fast cos its closed in 5 mins he did it and ther she is!!!! wagging her tail cos shes seen her dad pilky wat he dont tell her off mum does cos she should let strangers take her away we love and tell her often not all like dogs she forgives bri cos he got her a new football to say he was soz i went to the chemist and tried to find out who our caller was and came out fumin THAT OLD BAG decided her pal might like her cos he mates dog had died a few weeks b4 and being old n lonely might take her on away from that shady man and his pals im the owner off that dog bought and paid the rspca £70 for her but the old gets that had her before us couldnt handle an active dog like mine cos springers are very active and an old couple in a flat should get a dog they can handle and dumped her with rspca staff that day we went to look!!! as one does off ones head we make a choice and pilky had no say in the matter she is telling me im coming to yours within the hour!!! how did she do it pathetic eyes but like a kid on sunday best behaviour plenty to choose from but she knew our lives would never be the same when the kids see her she runs to them am here and staying can she z in my bed no dog on kitch flloor aw go on mam that dog got on any bed she could and yes pilky didnt mind her between us cos we love her BUTTONS why buttons but but was her pet name but that dog went to niters an alldayer rather than stay home alone wat the eck BRI even sed sorry and put a request on the soul show The old bags pal got a shock she only had her over night and told the old bag to take her back how can she tie her up at the chemist bri was forget ful that day the old bag was a dog napper and had the cheek to phone me after 3 days wen the collar sez it all her mate wouldnt allow dogs on her sofa why? we did but on her blanket so at bed time buttons is up the stairs like flash gordon why shes tired or bored no scared cos her family have gone and left her she missing us enuff and jail is the next part oh! not the rspca jail but private kennels till we get the call the owner wouldnt ring and told the old bag to do it cos we may prosecute the owners NO WAY WOULD I PROSECUTE them but pay the bill thye gave pilky not a cat in hells chance the old bag can pay them she took her there dog would rather be at home and at £30 per day she was lucky pilky arrived before closing pilky rang me at home cos he had no money on him ya dont need it get the dog and get home we wanna bathe her blow dry her and then pamper her Bri can cook the tea but isnt allowed out alone with the dog till i say so!!! she called me a name over the phone but being polite i sed thanks for having her but why should i pay didnt you see the collar or think to scan for chip??? you gonna send the police do so but they cant can they old bag nicks dog from chemist kennel owner in dog smuggling scandal seee ya in court but quickly get the gear out the house just in case cops do come and in the lamp light bri was definately shady !!!

times like that i miss the dog died aged 7 sadly missed by us all BUT!! jak the one i got in 2002 has the same mentality but dumb as owt springers are active dogs aw well he is mixed with jack russel and they dont do much so half and half pilky met him but had got a new dog at home called blure cos buttons cudnt move to st helens with him kids tek her on a 5 hour walk and hes got to go sad but the dog was a pet to any one that she cud con!!! weasel took her to blackburn paul wignall took her to jesters dayer and the new dog he will do but he aint had the pleasure of nutters and des barker ya not her dad but u are no longer scared of dogs but dogs adjust as life does dogs are for life and need a loving home BRI n PILKY got that too until one dog outside a chemist got nicked as once bri and pilky did x

hope it meks ya smile the good uns go first but what a reunion it will be when its our turn to go some niter eh bet bri still looks shady miss n love ya both sue and family

Social source share

Guest proudlove

Sue...................talking to Paul Widnall yesterday.............he said "It were a fantastic dog and could do tricks an all".....................which means(I think)..............I liked that dog.

And yes he did take it to Jesters.

Steve.

Social source share

Guest Steve Lehair

Sue...................talking to Paul Widnall yesterday.............he said "It were a fantastic dog and could do tricks an all".....................which means(I think)..............I liked that dog.

And yes he did take it to Jesters.

Steve.

hi steve i remember Neil Broadly of course and might i mention Mick Stevens

Social source share

Guest proudlove

Loved Neil to bits...............mad as a box of frogs.

See you soon mate.

Steve.

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Mick Stevens, what a great lad. Always ahead in fashion, the guy had charisma that's for sure.

While we're talking Grantham in the Torch era lets not forget John Adams

Dave :rolleyes:

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

I miss Max Millward.

the Sunday Kenny Onions and Gaz Lees rang me with the sad news was horrible, however I';d like to thanks them for ringing me and secondly no matter who you are thinking of today, remember each and every one of them would want you to celibrate their lives and enjoy every day WE have left.

PD :thumbup:

Social source share

Guest Steve Lehair

Mick Stevens, what a great lad. Always ahead in fashion, the guy had charisma that's for sure.

While we're talking Grantham in the Torch era lets not forget John Adams

Dave :hatsoff2:

got a great foto of John "ADDY" Adams with Larry lightening & Nobby Stevens

Steve

Social source share

Guest Steve Lehair

OK Steve

Get it posted up here then. Gills on Facebook and shes in touch with all sorts of old faces. Loads of photos inc one of Neil with (dare I say it) Val............sorry, Rhonda!

RICH

hi ya richie

not sure how to do the foto thing on here i ll have a go tho.

have sent message to Sue Bushby cos Rhonda wants to get intouch with her give her a nudge will ya mate see you at next Radcliffe yes|

Steve

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!