Value Please-Mighty Lovers On Soul Hawk?

Chris Anderton

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

The guide says £70...Popsike is all over the place......

What is a realistic current value on this 45 please?

TIA,

Chris

tough one to put a price on really. Pat Brady has one at the moment on set sale in the Detroit section for £150 which i think is a bit steep but in todays crazy world of northern soul i think you would be looking at £100 all day long.

Got mine for £2.50p off Rob Smith at Oddfellows many years ago biggrin.gif

Social source share

This one does seem to be being chased by quite a few folk with demand driving price up.

A great record, but not Northern at all. Is this in demand as a so-called 'crossover' tune?

Can't remember how much I paid for mine to be honest - had it a while - so I'm not much help I'm afraid laugh.gif

Cheers

Richard

Edited by Premium Stuff
Social source share

My copy was purchased in 1980, alongside the ivories-despenza, volumes-impact, dramatics-sport, four sights-shy-soul, etc all at two pounds each, my copy of the mighty lovers( both sides, detroit chugger and one side crossover), gets played at the rare opportunity I get to dj. I personally would value it at betwween £100- £150, sadly my copy isn't for sale either.

Social source share

tough one to put a price on really. Pat Brady has one at the moment on set sale in the Detroit section for £150 which i think is a bit steep but in todays crazy world of northern soul i think you would be looking at £100 all day long.

Got mine for £2.50p off Rob Smith at Oddfellows many years ago :hatsoff2:

The record for sale on Pat's site is The Ideals 'Mighty Lover' not the Mighty Lovers 'Aint Gonna Run'

Social source share

The guide says £70...Popsike is all over the place......

What is a realistic current value on this 45 please?

I noticed a bit of interest on this record recently, so put my mint copy on Ebay.

It went for about $400

Flip side, "She Keeps Driving Me Out Of My Mind" has the same backing track as "My Baby Ain'T No Play Thing" and Stanlet Mitchells "Quit Twisting My Arm"

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Is it in demand on the UK Northern Scene? Or is the demand driven by scenes in other countries?

Who is featuring this in their DJ sets? That's what normally drives demand.

Cheers

Richard

I don't know about the UK N scene, but it's wanted by soul collectors in the rest of the world I guess? It's wanted by hip hop, funk and soul collectors.

It has and is a BIG tune at Oslo Soul Experience (maybe played it every soul night for the last two years :lol: ), don't know the impact we have for the rest of the world :hatsoff2::thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!