• Replies 81
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Dave Mortimore

Well ive just checked the weather, and its looking good for Sat, def no snow down south :D

. Although Tim, there's always a possibility of warm rain. Which wouldn't necessarily put us off from travelling over to Totton unless it is heavy.

. Should I bring my pipe & slippers to sit back and digest whatever may come across the speakers and later peruse your play-list on the lookback string? Or, as is more likely the case, should I bring my running shoes to get over to the decks in time to clock certain discs as they momentarily stop before you whisk them away?

. I know that it's all about digging around and playing music that we don't normally get to hear. So play-lists would be helpful.

. Planning to get over to experience all that Ghetto Soul has to offer, Dave & Jan Mortimore

Edited by Dave Mortimore

. Although Tim, there's always a possibility of warm rain. Which wouldn't necessarily put us off from travelling over to Totton unless it is heavy.

. Should I bring my pipe & slippers to sit back and digest whatever may come across the speakers and later peruse your play-list on the lookback string? Or, as is more likely the case, should I bring my running shoes to get over to the decks in time to clock certain discs as they momentarily stop before you whisk them away?

. I know that it's all about digging around and playing music that we don't normally get to hear. So play-lists would be helpful.

. Planning to get over to experience all that Ghetto Soul has to offer, Dave & Jan Mortimore

Hi Dave hope you and Jan are all fine and dandy :D it will be good to see you both and yeah bring your pipe and slippers along they will be great to dance in cos knowing you you will probably find it hard to not be able to have a dance but a fore warning that it aint the biggest dance floor you would of ever seen but still a great little dance floor :yes: when we did the last one we put a lot of our plays up in the "PLAY LIST" section on soul souce so there wont be too many secrets about whats being played so bring your running shoes too just so you make it in time before them slabs of vinyl get tucked back in the box to gather more dust :lol:

see you all Saturday for what is going to be a delightful night from the damn right rare to the obscurity to the known but underplayed endless list of all that is Soulful in this wonderful scene we all share :lol:

probably find it hard to not be able to have a dance but a fore warning that it aint the biggest dance floor you would of ever seen but still a great little dance floor :yes:

How big is big?

Anyway Paul, me and Pam are coming down for this as it sounds right up my strasse. B&B booked, and dancing restraints fitted. :lol:

:D - Kev.

How big is big?

Anyway Paul, me and Pam are coming down for this as it sounds right up my strasse. B&B booked, and dancing restraints fitted. :(

:thumbsup: - Kev.

its this >>>>>>>>> big so big enough for me and you Kev and a few more :D nice one Kev it will be great to catch up with you and Pam again :(

the venue is the upstairs of the All Dayer venue, its compact and all self contained with bar, toilets dance floor all very clean as just been tarted up and holds about 70 ish so just perfect for a night like this :D

what time you getting here on Satyrday Kev ??

its this >>>>>>>>> big so big enough for me and you Kev and a few more :D nice one Kev it will be great to catch up with you and Pam again :thumbsup:

the venue is the upstairs of the All Dayer venue, its compact and all self contained with bar, toilets dance floor all very clean as just been tarted up and holds about 70 ish so just perfect for a night like this :(

what time you getting here on Satyrday Kev ??

Dunno yet mate as got to sort out our house/pet sitter.

Anyone looking for a b&b - the Brimar in Totton High St looks the closest but book through Laterooms.com (or quote those prices when phoning direct :( ) as they are a lot cheaper I.e. £50 per room Dble En-suite instead of £78.

Of course, someone local might kave a better recommendation.

See ya Saturday.

Guest Dave Mortimore

Hi Dave hope you and Jan are all fine and dandy :thumbsup: it will be good to see you both and yeah bring your pipe and slippers along they will be great to dance in cos knowing you you will probably find it hard to not be able to have a dance but a fore warning that it aint the biggest dance floor you would of ever seen but still a great little dance floor :( when we did the last one we put a lot of our plays up in the "PLAY LIST" section on soul souce so there wont be too many secrets about whats being played so bring your running shoes too just so you make it in time before them slabs of vinyl get tucked back in the box to gather more dust :D

see you all Saturday for what is going to be a delightful night from the damn right rare to the obscurity to the known but underplayed endless list of all that is Soulful in this wonderful scene we all share :(

. I have been better. The onset of rigor mortice is a constant problem.

. Sorry Bearsy, I keep forgetting that there's a separate Play Lists section on Soul-Source. Being naturally lazy, I don't tend to dig around on sections of this site. Which reminds me, I should write something on the Niter section about Bumbles, the venue for Sallie & Rodney's All-Nighter on February 25th.

. As for Ghetto Soul, I'll be bringing my dancing shoes on your advice. I just hope that the ones I like aren't too popular with others, as I might end up being squeezed off onto the sidelines. It happens on occasions.

. There's always a Bitter Sweet feel to any Rare Soul night. The thing about this type of event is that lots of the music may float by you without making an impression. You know what I mean, a couple of ums and arghs, a scratch of the chin and then wait for the next one. However, every now and then something comes along that churns up the inner soul and leaves you with an after burn that yearns for another listen, to fully gather in the play once more in all of it's entirety. Sometimes, as has been the case with Mr. Smithers and others like yourself, I've not managed to get around to registering the title and artist and whatever it was 'That turned me on?' soon gets lost in the mind, until if I'm lucky I get to hear it again.

. This is why you have keep your ears peeled back on such occasions, sometimes limit a conversation or strategically time your run to take a leak, otherwise certain noteworthy plays can be missed. Play lists of course help. But there have been a couple of Tim's that you just can't find on the web and hence get the chance for another listen. Hopefully he'll play Can't you see, by an artist who shall remain anonymous for Tim's sake, a tune that made an impression many moons ago and yet has completely faded away from my memory.

. Look forward to seeing Marie and your good self, plus to all the night has to offer, Dave & Jan

Edited by Dave Mortimore

. Sorry Bearsy, I keep forgetting that there's a separate Play Lists section on Soul-Source. Being naturally lazy, I don't tend to dig around on sections of this site. Which reminds me, I should write something on the Niter section about Bumbles, the venue for Sallie & Rodney's All-Nighter on February 25th.

. As for Ghetto Soul, I'll be bringing my dancing shoes on your advice. I just hope that the ones I like aren't too popular with others, as I might end up being squeezed off onto the sidelines. It happens on occasions.

. There's always a Bitter Sweet feel to any Rare Soul night. The thing about this type of event is that lots of the music may float by you without making an impression. You know what I mean, a couple of ums and arghs, a scratch of the chin and then wait for the next one. However, every now and then something comes along that churns up the inner soul and leaves you with an after burn that yearns for another listen, to fully gather in the play once more in all of it's entirety. Sometimes, as has been the case with Mr. Smithers and others like yourself, I've not managed to get around to registering the title and artist and whatever it was that turned me on, gets lost in the mind, until if I'm lucky I get to hear it again.

. This is why you have keep your ears peeled back on such occasions, sometimes limit a conversation or strategically time your run to take a leak, otherwise certain noteworthy plays can be missed. Play lists of course help. But there have been a couple of Tim's that you just can't find on the web and hence get the chance for another listen. Hopefully he'll play Can't you see, by an artist who shall remain anonymous for Tim's sake, a tune that made an impression many moons ago and yet has completely faded away from my memory.

. Look forward to seeing Marie and your good self, plus to all the night has to offer, Dave & Jan

oooo spoken from the heart by a man that understands SOUL MUSIC :( see you Saturday Dave and i wont have any cover ups so peek away if you feel the need :thumbsup:

Hi Dave & Jan...

hope your both well...gr8 news your coming over m8...look forward to seeing you both on sat...:shades:

Dunno yet mate as got to sort out our house/pet sitter.

Anyone looking for a b&b - the Brimar in Totton High St looks the closest but book through Laterooms.com (or quote those prices when phoning direct :shades: ) as they are a lot cheaper I.e. £50 per room Dble En-suite instead of £78.

Of course, someone local might kave a better recommendation.

See ya Saturday.

Hi Kev ....

the premier inn on Romsey road,Rownhams,southampton is about a 10 min taxi ride away...or the holiday inn just off the m271 is a 5min taxi ride away...i'll dig the no's out for you...look forward to seeing you both...

Alfie

. There's always a Bitter Sweet feel to any Rare Soul night. The thing about this type of event is that lots of the music may float by you without making an impression. You know what I mean, a couple of ums and arghs, a scratch of the chin and then wait for the next one. However, every now and then something comes along that churns up the inner soul and leaves you with an after burn that yearns for another listen, to fully gather in the play once more in all of it's entirety. Sometimes, as has been the case with Mr. Smithers and others like yourself, I've not managed to get around to registering the title and artist and whatever it was 'That turned me on?' soon gets lost in the mind, until if I'm lucky I get to hear it again.

Think you will enjoy it , got a few nice uptempo gems you might like

Hi Kev ....

the premier inn on Romsey road,Rownhams,southampton is about a 10 min taxi ride away...or the holiday inn just off the m271 is a 5min taxi ride away...i'll dig the no's out for you...look forward to seeing you both...

Alfie

Cheers Alfie.I've booked the Brimar now and as you've gone on to list it I'll stick with it mate. If it's any good I'll suss out if they're amenable to reduced rates for anyone attending any of your future nites.

Like I said before, don't anyone book direct 'cos they will charge you a whole lot more than if you go through Laterooms.com. To be fair the guy on the phone (NOT the owner) told me that if I could get back to him and quote the Laterooms price he would let me book direct at that price. Saved me £28.

This'll be a first for us, coming over to your neck of the woods. Normally if I'm traveling that far it's in a northerly direction - but you've tempted me with this one!

:shades: - Kev

Might have to dig it out for ya then :no:

Cheers Alfie.I've booked the Brimar now and as you've gone on to list it I'll stick with it mate. If it's any good I'll suss out if they're amenable to reduced rates for anyone attending any of your future nites.

Like I said before, don't anyone book direct 'cos they will charge you a whole lot more than if you go through Laterooms.com. To be fair the guy on the phone (NOT the owner) told me that if I could get back to him and quote the Laterooms price he would let me book direct at that price. Saved me £28.

This'll be a first for us, coming over to your neck of the woods. Normally if I'm traveling that far it's in a northerly direction - but you've tempted me with this one!

:no: - Kev

Nice one Kev...

glad you got a good price...i know a couple of soulies stayed there last year when they came down to the all-dayer...they said it was nice so thats positive...:D

look forward to seeing you on sat night...save journeys...:huh:

looks like we have a few soulies traveling to this...gr8 news don't you think...:g:

Alfie...

Nice one Kev...

glad you got a good price...i know a couple of soulies stayed there last year when they came down to the all-dayer...they said it was nice so thats positive...:huh:

look forward to seeing you on sat night...save journeys...:no:

looks like we have a few soulies traveling to this...gr8 news don't you think...:g:

Alfie...

Sounds good Alfie boy, theres a lot of intrest in the thread itself with well over a 1000 views , admittedly over 500 are from moldie :D

Sounds good Alfie boy, theres a lot of intrest in the thread itself with well over a 1000 views , admittedly over 500 are from moldie :no:

as it happens tim i dont need to keep a check on the thread......i have a countdown clock on my laptop telling me how long to go and dont have to rely on alfie letting ppl know with each of his posts and telling ppl about how many emails..phonecalls and telegrams hes had from ppl that are coming to the event and ive heard he has his own personal postman to deliver all his new tunes he gets

have a good one tim

moldie

GHETTO SOUL

(SOUTHAMPTON SOUL CLUB)

A NIGHT OF RARE & UNDERPLAYED CUTS

A CHANCE TO LISTEN TO THOSE LESSER KNOWN GEMS

IN THE CONGLETON SUITE

(NEWLY REFURBISHED)

TOTTON CONSERVATIVE CLUB

SALISBURY ROAD TOTTON

SOUTHAMPTON

SO40 3PY

SAT 15TH JAN 2O11

DJ LINE UP

BEARSY

GAVIN NIGHT

MARTIN ADAMS

TIM SMITHERS

PLUS RESIDENT

ALFIE

8PM TILL 1AM

BAR TILL MIDNIGHT

£4 OTD ...

THE LAST ONE BACK IN OCTOBER WAS A GR8 SUCCESS...SO IT MAKES SENSE TO DO ANOTHER ONE...:huh:

Also it will be a bit of a taster for Southampton Soul Clubs All-Dayer III as the second room will be a rare & underplayed room....

So if your at a loose end on this night i highly recomend it to the connoisseurs of soul...:D & those who are hungry to hear new & exciteing upbeat soulful chooons...CAN YOU RESIST????

NOT LONG NOW FOLKS...FOR WHAT IS GONNA BE A VERY VERY SOULFUL NIGHT INDEED...:no:

ONLY THE ONE NEW RECORD THROUGH THE POST THIS YEAR...MIND YOU IT SHOULD OF BEEN HERE LAST YEAR...:g:

ANYWAY A GHETTO SOUL SPIN FROM OCTOBER...

HAPPY THURSDAY EVERYBODY...:shhh:

as it happens tim i dont need to keep a check on the thread......i have a countdown clock on my laptop telling me how long to go and dont have to rely on alfie letting ppl know with each of his posts and telling ppl about how many emails..phonecalls and telegrams hes had from ppl that are coming to the event and ive heard he has his own personal postman to deliver all his new tunes he gets

have a good one tim

moldie

make that 501 :lol:

gosh now thats almost funny.....

now sod off and ruin someone elses thread :thumbup:

Good morning soulies...:thumbsup:

DJ TIMES FOR GHETTO SOUL...

8.00PM TILL 8.50PM....ALFIE

8.50PM TILL 9.50PM....BEARSY

9.50PM TILL 10.50PM...TIM SMITHERS

10.50PM TILL 11.50PM...MARTIN ADAMS

11.50PM TILL 12.50AM...GAVIN NIGHT

12.50AM TILL 1.00AM...ALFIE

GONNA BE A VERY VERY SOULFUL NIGHT DOWN SOUTH INDEED...:lol:

https://www.youtube.c...h?v=zAejshPS1RY

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYBODY...:thumbsup:

Looking good Alfie boy :lol: roll on tomorrow i just cant wait its gonna be a goodun with top dance soul music you dont hear often if at all the way :thumbsup:

see you all tomorrow peeps and Aflie dont forget to bring the superb flyers for the All Dayer 3 :lol:

Looking good Alfie boy :lol: roll on tomorrow i just cant wait its gonna be a goodun with top dance soul music you dont hear often if at all the way :thumbsup:

see you all tomorrow peeps and Aflie dont forget to bring the superb flyers for the All Dayer 3 :thumbsup:

Evening Bearsy...

Sure is looking good...was chatting to mr Smithers earlia...so that makes 3 of us looking forward to tomorrow night...and i'm sure the travelling and local soulies are aswell...:lol:

Made up with the All-Dayer 3 flyers...i will defo bring some along with me...:thumbsup:

Have a top evening...:lol:

Alfie

Another GHETTO SOUL spin frOM last october...Fantastic Record...

Edited by alfie00soul

how do you get them sound files up Tim i dont know how to do it like you do :thumbsup:

pm me or come round and show me lol

Edited by Bearsy

Last shout for Ghetto Soul tonight so come on down and see how the Southern boys do it :thumbsup:

The only Soul nnight on in the south of England tonight so see you all in a couple of hours :rolleyes: