News: TV One - Teena Marie - Unsung Episode Online

Goldsoul

• Replies 24
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Totally shocked at Teena's passing at such a young age , as Rob highlighted ,there was always at least one killer ballad on her albums to showcase her amazing voice to full effect .This duet with Rick James is IMHO ,one of the best of it's kind :

Rest in peace Teena .....Eddie

Edited by Eddie Hubbard
Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Didn't care much for her voice, or for any of her records apart from 'Don't Look Back', but it's still sad that she died so young and that she leaves a family to greive for her...

Social source share

I feel very upset writing this. She was so talented! Beautiful ballads, great happy uptempo tunes, a belter of a singer and excellent live. Here's a clip of her singing Cassanova Brown, which was her encore, at the IndigO2 earlier this year. Amazing performance, amazing woman. RIP Teena.

Edited by daved
Social source share

Totally shocked at Teena's passing at such a young age , as Rob highlighted ,there was always at least one killer ballad on her albums to showcase her amazing voice to full effect .This duet with Rick James is IMHO ,one of the best of it's kind :

Rest in peace Teena .....Eddie

How on earth have i missed this track?

One of the best i've heard recently.

Sad loss.

Daz

Social source share

Saw her at Southport and she blew me away.Always rated her but not too many impress me in the flesh like she did,Awesome voice.

Ditto Trev, I remember that night well how small she looked on the 'Powerhouse' stage but oh what a voice.....

'Portuguese Love'.............what a wonderful record, you need the album to hear the full version......brilliant!

Edited by Val (Chunky)
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!