Peterborough Power-League Function Room

Stanground College

Peterborough Road

Stanground

PETERBOROUGH

PE7 3BY

(PLENTY OF FREE SECURE PARKING)

What's happening?

An evening of nostalgia playing the very best of Tamla Motown and Northern Soul Oldies pre 1974, a class of 73 reunion if you like...

DJ's booked so far?

SKIP STUART - Peterborough

GAZ LEES - Wolverhampton

TONY DELLAR - Cambridge

ANDY SMITH - Peterborough

NIGE BROWN - Stafford

SISTER DAWN - Lincolm

BRIAN CHIDLEY - Cannock

JEZ JONES - Stoke

MALC BURTON - Doncaster

Who'll benefit from the night?

Hopefully I'll wake up with a sore head and my 2011 nominated charity www.sense.org.uk will be a few quid better off after the raffle planned for the evening.

If you can make my party email/pm me back with the amount of tickets you require along with a forwarding postal address and I'll send you your FREE tickets by return post. pauldonnellybp@aol.com

Accommodation ?

https://www.thequeensgatehotel.co.uk/?gclid=CPbZncSU-6UCFYUe4QodYUQHoA [ only 5 rooms left ]

https://www.premierinn.com/en/hotel/PETHAM/peterborough-hampton [ loads left }

Look forward to seeing you all

Regards

Paul Donnelly

Edited by PaulDonnelly
  • Replies 50
  • Views 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Paul Donnelly's Annual Charity Birthday Bash

When and where?

FEBRUARY 5TH 7 TO 1

Stanground College

Peterborough Road

Stanground

PETERBOROUGH

PE7 3BY

(PLENTY OF FREE SECURE PARKING)

What's happening?

An evening of nostalgia playing the very best of Tamla Motown and Northern Soul Oldies pre 1974, a class of 73 reunion if you like...

DJ's booked so far?

SKIP STUART - Peterborough

GAZ LEES - Wolverhampton

TONY DELLAR - Cambridge

ANDY SMITH - Peterborough

NIGE BROWN - Stafford

SISTER DAWN - Lincolm

BRIAN CHIDLEY - Cannock

JEZ JONES - Stoke

MALC BURTON - Doncaster

Who'll benefit from the night?

Hopefully I'll wake up with a sore head and my 2011 nominated charity www.sense.org.uk will be a few quid better off after the raffle planned for the evening.

If you can make my party email/pm me back with the amount of tickets you require along with a forwarding postal address and I'll send you your FREE tickets by return post. pauldonnellybp@aol.com

Accommodation ?

https://www.thequeensgatehotel.co.uk/?gclid=CPbZncSU-6UCFYUe4QodYUQHoA [ only 5 rooms left ]

https://www.premierinn.com/en/hotel/PETHAM/peterborough-hampton [ loads left }

Look forward to seeing you all

Regards

Paul Donnelly

Tidy DJ line up you have there Mr D :hatsoff2:

Malc

Well Paul if last years bash was anything to go by this one ought be a stonking good night as well, nice to see a few good local mates there as well Nige Brown Jez Jones and Brian Chigley so we have a midlands invasion of Peterbrough then.

Catch ya soon mate great charity as well only to glad to help out.

Gaz

Well Paul if last years bash was anything to go by this one ought be a stonking good night as well, nice to see a few good local mates there as well Nige Brown Jez Jones and Brian Chigley so we have a midlands invasion of Peterbrough then.

Catch ya soon mate great charity as well only to glad to help out.

Gaz

Plus the North :hatsoff2:

Malc

1- Queensgate Hotel ONLY 3 doubles and 1 single left this Hotel is aprrox 1 mile from venue and near City Centre for shopping etc you can book in anytime after 2pm however at 17-45pm the Super Posh play Southampton FC in a top of the table Div 1 game the Hotel is only100M from THE LONDON RD GROUND and the roads around the stadium on match days can be busy 30mins before and after kick off. Why not go and sample the only ground in the four top divisons that has covered terracing BOTH ends.

2-I am attempting to get the evening fucntion to show the match via the live sky coverage so doors may open at 5-30, will advise.

3- Several people have asked how far is it from the railways station? 3 miles via a taxi rank outside the station, justask for Stanground Power League.

Cya

1- Queensgate Hotel ONLY 3 doubles and 1 single left this Hotel is aprrox 1 mile from venue and near City Centre for shopping etc you can book in anytime after 2pm however at 17-45pm the Super Posh play Southampton FC in a top of the table Div 1 game the Hotel is only100M from THE LONDON RD GROUND and the roads around the stadium on match days can be busy 30mins before and after kick off. Why not go and sample the only ground in the four top divisons that has covered terracing BOTH ends.

2-I am attempting to get the evening fucntion to show the match via the live sky coverage so doors may open at 5-30, will advise.

3- Several people have asked how far is it from the railways station? 3 miles via a taxi rank outside the station, justask for Stanground Power League.

Cya

Is my usual 'refuge' near to the venue mate ?

See told you "you ageing old twat" lol:lol:

Never mind what PD has told you , but the original date he gave / told me was the 11th , not the ferking 5th .

He is trying to make the old twat look a knob , by attempting to cover up dropping a bollock the size of one of King Kong's laugh.gif .

Malc

like Ive done all the other years, I'll politely tell her "fuck off and go get a proper job" apart from that me Mams coming this year :hatsoff2:

This is not your " run of the mill " stripper Paul , the lass has a speciality act .

She sings medleys from Broadway shows as she takes her kit off , whilst riding on a unicycle .

Malc

What NO Ping Pong Balls to the Strains of Inky Dinky Dang DOOOO! :hatsoff2:

Sorry Nige , no .

The lass had to forego that part of the act after having a new design of seat fitted to her unicycle .

She usually only sings show tunes , but in respect of it being Paul's birthday , she will combine a song from Hose Street with one from " The Sound Of Music " ........ " I've Got Something About Maria " .

Malc

Guest smudgesmith

Sorry Nige , no .

The lass had to forego that part of the act after having a new design of seat fitted to her unicycle .

She usually only sings show tunes , but in respect of it being Paul's birthday , she will combine a song from Hose Street with one from " The Sound Of Music " ........ " I've Got Something About Maria " .

Malc

She tells me that she can light her farts and make a pyrotechnic display to brighten up any birthday party:hatsoff2:

FOR THOSE TRAVELLING :lol:

VENUE

Stanground College

Peterborough Road

Stanground

PETERBOROUGH

Image0022.jpg

POST CODE

PE7 3BY

MAP

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&q=peterborough+power+league&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=power+league&hnear=Peterborough&view=map&cid=11578222684117961211&iwloc=A&ved=0CEgQpQY&sa=X&ei=AUcjTfSmO5OosAbEzeyfDQ

Looks like a very nice venue Paul : looking forward to spinning tunes in it :D

Malc

:unsure: Hi All I hope Paul and all you carrot crunchers have a good night sounds great,BUT WHERE IS HAMMY ON THE DJs?? Just for the record how old is Tony DELLOR, ho in my humble opinion was an integral influance of promoting soul in the early 70s, he never seems to get the fullest respect for his contribution, my fav venue was the mallet however the best night were the SEA CADET HALL in Cambridge 1974 MPH, enjoy 2011 Paul Malc the talk, well everyone ph34r.gif DAVE KIL S69.

:thumbsup: Hi All I hope Paul and all you carrot crunchers have a good night sounds great,BUT WHERE IS HAMMY ON THE DJs?? Just for the record how old is Tony DELLOR, ho in my humble opinion was an integral influance of promoting soul in the early 70s, he never seems to get the fullest respect for his contribution, my fav venue was the mallet however the best night were the SEA CADET HALL in Cambridge 1974 MPH, enjoy 2011 Paul Malc the talk, well everyone :lol: DAVE KIL S69.

cheers Dave, your tickets for oct 22nd will be with ya soon. :thumbsup:

UPDATE

1- All requested free entry tickets have been sent out today.

2- I understand The Queensgate Hotel is now full has anyone else booked into other places that they can share with others looking for accomodation?

3- DJ times

7-8 SKIP STUART and SISTER DAWN

8-9 JEZ AND MALC 60 mins of Wheel stuff

9-10 NIGE BROWN AND BRIAN CHIDLEY 60 mins of Torch Stuff

10 to 10-45 My top ten of all time

10-45 to 11-30 GAZ LEES..early Catacombs

11-30 to 12-30 SHUTE and SMUDGE....can't wait

12-30 to end SKIP STUART and SISTER DAWN

4- Charity Work on the night

We're running a raffle for me 2011 charity www.sense.org.uk and we are asking if folk could bring a bottle of shyte wine or some weird concoction left over from Xmas, to throw in a big basket on arrival which we can draw later

If you could help us we'd be very grateful..

all the best PD

Guest smudgesmith

Think I had better sort a few tunes out for this:unsure:

Update on the stripper! She wants to know if she can bring a few animals to assist with her act.:unsure: Before i get back to her has anyone got any comments?

Right then Malc-----------

Baggsy i play Travis Wammack hehehe. We ll have a ball here looks like a fantastic venue,.,.

Lock up ya towels Smudge is about lol

You are on Jeremy old lad .......... providing you sing along with the lyrics in the middle laugh.gif

Malc

Think I had better sort a few tunes out for thisthumbsup.gif

Update on the stripper! She wants to know if she can bring a few animals to assist with her act.:hatsoff2: Before i get back to her has anyone got any comments?

Her using the donkey is out Smudge , as its' hooves scratch the dancefloor .

Malc

Her using the donkey is out Smudge , as its' hooves scratch the dancefloor .

Malc

The poor donkey thought it had gone to pastures new,when rescued from Blackpool Beach - little did it know..:rolleyes:

It will be an eventful day Paul,an interesting mix,,,Northern,Strippers and animals...everyone behaving themselves...

Edited by KevH