Boxing Day Modern Soul At Grantham

On behalf of the four clubs ( Body & Soul, Infiniti, Mansfield Modern Sessions & A1 Soul), a big thanks to those who came along for a night of modern soul, thought we would give this a go and it turned out a good night, another twenty or more folks would have made it a great night, none the less we hope those of you who did turn out enjoyed the night the numbers on the dance seemed to indicate that most did.

look out for dates during next year for modern soul nights in the east midlands.

Barry

Edited by Guest
  • Replies 10
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest chipsman

A privilege to be able to participate at this event .

After a slow start , numbers picked up , to prove it

was worth the effort to put this event on . Well done

Barry . Got to be worth considering as a once a year

event in the future .

:hatsoff2:

1st Infiniti Modern Soul Night for 2011 - January 22nd.

watch the events forum for more details. :ohmy:

some excellent 'modern' soul from 1980 (was it really thirty years ago we first danced to Garfield Flemming? doesn't THAT make one feel old?) to present day.

couldn't seperate the dee-jays for the quality of each set.

all played some very soulful modern tunes but each had his or her individual identity pinned to his or her set, one could ask for no more than that.

thouroughly enjoyed the night, the venue, the 'punters' and more important (or not) the tunes.

as a side note, ciggie breaks outside were very peaceful without our good friend 'incontinent'!!!

some images on https://ournorthernsouls.org

Edited by coops

Got to say a big thanks to all the dj's and dancers for a top quality modern soul night , :thumbsup: hope Andy jackson is feeling better get well soon, from your cold. Soulfun and love sam and andy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS

SOUL PURPOSE 30TH DECEMBER 2010 HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE :yes: 2pm til 2am

Finally back in the land of the living after 2 days in bed with the lergi that sent me home early from this gig.

Sorry I had to leave so soon.

Cant really add to what has been said, thanks to A1 for hosting this event, as it was a success infiniti will host next year. Do I need to remind anyone of the date?

Just a quick ad for anyone who needs door staff at their event I know just the person ;-).

Happy new year

Finally back in the land of the living after 2 days in bed with the lergi that sent me home early from this gig.

Sorry I had to leave so soon.

Cant really add to what has been said, thanks to A1 for hosting this event, as it was a success infiniti will host next year. Do I need to remind anyone of the date?

Just a quick ad for anyone who needs door staff at their event I know just the person ;-).

Happy new year

her tact and dplomacy was as commendable as her dee-jaying and dancing, i just wanted to twat the tit!