Groove Legends - Tv Documentaries

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Guest TONY ROUNCE

I'm not sure if this belongs here or in FB, but I'm sure someone will move it if it should be moved...

I don't know how many people on here have Sky, but for those that doThe Africa Channel (Sky 268) is currently showing, every few days, a block of 2005 short French-made documentaries about notable R&B, Soul, Jazz and Jazz-Funk artists, in a series called 'Groove Legends'

I've watched and enjoyed three so far, on Ike Turner, Sam Moore and Dee Dee Bridgewater, and I'm looking forward to sitting down later on today and seeing what Fred Wesley and Marcus Miller have to say for themselves.

Here's a link to the Africa Channel's website, and to the full list of 'Groove Legends'

https://www.theafricachannel.co.uk/groove-legends/

They only last about half an hour each and all those I've seen have been well worth the time and effort. I think they're on all the time at the moment so anyone who's interested stands a good chance of seeing them before the weekend.

I don't know if the Africa Channel is also on cable - perhaps a fellow sourcer can enlighten us!

Social source share

• Replies 0
  • Views 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert