Soul Galore S25 - 16Th Anniversary

Once again another great night at the Lyric on Boxing Day,

A fantastic venue, stomping northern soul and an excellent crowd celebrated the 16th anniversary, at what must be the longest running venue in the area.

Many thanks to Ash and the Keith's for asking me and Fozzie to play a few, we really enjoyed it.

Keep up the good work lads and look forward to seeing you all again in the new year.

Happy wedding anniversary for today Ash and best wishes for the New Year

Martin

Edited by Guest
  • Replies 4
  • Views 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Once again another great night at the Lyric on Boxing Day,

A fantastic venue, stomping northern soul and an excellent crowd celebrated the 16th anniversary, at what must be the longest running venue in the area.

Many thanks to Ash and the Keith's for asking me and Fozzie to play a few, we really enjoyed it.

Keep up the good work lads and look forward to seeing you all again in the new year.

Happy wedding anniversary for today Ash and best wishes for the New Year

Martin

[/quote

It was the first time for me at the Lyric & must agree with Martin what a fabulous place it is, with a great appreciative crowd , well done on 16 years & good luck on future years, thankyou for inviting me to play,

Fozzie

Route 61 soul night Niagara Road Sheffield S6 1LU

Resident DJ's Steve Foster & Soulman Martin

Tuesday 28th December with guest DJs John Barnsley and Mark Hopes

One of our rare visits to the Lyric but welcomed with open arms as usual by Ash.

Thoroughly enjoyed the night, as did our daughter. Steve Foster played her favourite tune, a bit reluctantly, but it filled the floor! Lucky that it was still on the turntable, eh Steve? when the other deck played up and you were able to flip it and play the more popular B side.

Martin and Steve played great sets, you did Route 61 proud lads, and the resident djs, the two Keiths kept the momentum going until the end.

By the way, amazed at how much snow you have had at Dinnington.

Joyce and John

Thanx 4 the kind words lads - sorry I wasn't THAT bubbly I was feeling really rough, as was the missus :yes:

BUT at least we were there as many people cried off with illness :rolleyes: It would have been easy to

cancel but that's not my way and it wouldn't have been fair to guests and punters - so persevere we did. :lol:

Numbers were well down but with the number of SY events on it wasn't a suprise................... wink.gif

Think all DJ sets were good in there own way, we pushed the boundaries a bit, some worked some didn't

and thats what its about - soul across the decades/board. :yes:

And now onto the next 16 years (NOT) :(:D:lol:

Once again thanx 4 your support :thumbsup: