Dab Of Soul -Heads Up For Anniversary

Had a few enquiries about the next DAB date so here it is....Second anniversary special!

The best in 70s/Crossover soul with a dab of midtempo 60s. 8.30- 1.30, £5.00 OTD. Guest DJs Brett Franklin and Keith and Maxine Woon.Civic Hall, Nantwich, Cheshire, CW5 3DG. Always a top night, record dealers welcome, cheap bar, easy parking etc email chris.soul@btinternet.com for more details

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Brett F

Hi Chris, Dave, got a car full coming across, looking forward to a top class night of soul at what has to be one of the leading 70's/Crossover club nights in the UK today.

Brett

for those comming to "dab of soul" on the 22nd of jan and thinking of poss stopping over

i,ll post up the details of some local accomodation over the weekend.

already getting calls and mails about this one and quite rightly so, with our guest dj,s of the quality

of keith and maxine woon and the immortal me franklin.

regards

dave lucas

Dave you will be pleased to learn that the Night Train 14th Anniversary CD will be ready on time and we have Johnny Boy singing live as well as the usual stuff. So you can expect some tourists as they migrate upstairs to see what you are playing.

as requested here is some accomodation details

red cow pub

Beam St

Nantwich, Cheshire CW5 5NA

01270 628 581

across road from venue and recomended by others who attend dab

the railway hotel

pillory street

nantwich

cheshire

cw5 5ss

crown hotel

High St, Nantwich, Cheshire

01270 625 283

there are also premier inn and travellodge near by

travellodge is at junc 16 at about 7 miles from venue ideally red cow is nearest

litterally across the road the premier inn is about 2 miles away

any other info required pm me or call 07968437078

Travelodge Crewe Barthomley Hotel

Junction 16, M6 / A500

Alsager Road

Barthomley

Crewe

CW2 5PT

Tel: 0871 984 6071*

Fax: 01270 873106

Premier Travel Inn

221 Crewe Road, Willaston, Nantwich, Cheshire, CW5 6NE

Tel: 0870 990 6418

Fax: 0870 990 6419

regards

dave lucas

Guest Brett F

Hey guys, have a good one. And I'm sure you will! You can't go wrong with Brett, he killed us all at the last Hamburg weekender with his sets. Wish I could be there

:hatsoff2: Lars

Hi Lars, thanks for the kind words, I hope you are well, yes Dab of Soul is a top class night, you certainly played some wonderful music on your appearance at Nantwich, a hard act to follow, but I'm sure I have a few things for those good folks to enjoy on the night. ( ps Lars see you in Bamberg, I'm coming across ).

Cheers Brett

Just Booked Ramada encore Crewe as Nantwich is chocker,

Noreen and myself are really looking forward to our first "Dab of Soul"

We have worn the CD Chris gave me to a shine, so a chance to hear some of these live, and get Brett, Keef, and Maxine in the bargain too!

See you there.

Johnny.

We have worn the CD Chris gave me to a shine, so a chance to hear some of these live, and get Brett, Keef, and Maxine in the bargain too!

See you there.

Johnny.

be good to see you both make sure you say hello to to me and chris

will make sure we keep you a cd (they do go very quickly)

if accomodation is full in nantwich looks like we are deffo in for a very busy night.

regards

dave lucas

It's the "Battle of Nantwich" Sealed knot event on Saturday afternoon so there will be a lot of strangers in the town and hopefully looking for a night out.

Guest Brett F

See you there.

Johnny.

Hi John, oh thats great news mate be good to catch up with you and Noreen...is she bringing her cherries too...wink.gif

Brett

Hi John, oh thats great news mate be good to catch up with you and Noreen...is she bringing her cherries too...wink.gif

Brett

Hiya Brett,

I think the jar's still on a shelf at the back of the "Red Bar" but I've persuaded Noreen to make a small jar for the select few :thumbsup:

Form an orderly queue..........

Johnny.

It's the "Battle of Nantwich" Sealed knot event on Saturday afternoon so there will be a lot of strangers in the town and hopefully looking for a night out.

Ray thought that took place on saturday nights when they fall out of the old cheshire cat and in to the kebab shop

least ways they usually do when me and chris want feeding:-))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

rergards

dave lucas

Always a free CD to the first 50 thru the door at DAB...this being our second anniversary expect an extra special CD.......

Gonna record it tomorow, will post the track listing when its done.

Might do a few extra this month, dont want anyone to leave disappointed!

Chris

Hi Dab

We are looking forward to Dab of Soul 22nd reasons:-) making new friend and hopefully seeing some old ones, playing quality soul music and being able to do so, in

front of an appreciative group of real soul lovers, it will be like a breath of fresh air.

Keith and Maxine Woon

Guest Brett F

Hi Dab

We are looking forward to Dab of Soul 22nd reasons:-) making new friend and hopefully seeing some old ones, playing quality soul music and being able to do so, in

front of an appreciative group of real soul lovers, it will be like a breath of fresh air.

Keith and Maxine Woon

Hi Keith and Maxine, really looking forward to hearing you play, looks like a packed night ahead.thumbsup.gif, what with yourselves and Chris and Dave it certainly will have all the ingredients for a tremendous night and a chance to hear the genre of soul that has developed into a very cutting edge and true underground scene.

ATB Brett

There seems to be a battle of Nantwich thing going on in town on the same weekend and accomadation is at a premium. Might be best to try Crewe instead for this one...only a few miles away.

Junction 16, M6 / A500

Alsager Road

Barthomley

Crewe

CW2 5PT

Tel: 0871 984 6071 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 0871 984 6071 end_of_the_skype_highlighting*

Premier Travel Inn

Tel: 0870 990 6418 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 0870 990 6418 end_of_the_skype_highlighting

Chris

There seems to be a battle of Nantwich thing going on in town on the same weekend and accomadation is at a premium. Might be best to try Crewe instead for this one...only a few miles away.

Junction 16, M6 / A500

Alsager Road

Barthomley

Crewe

CW2 5PT

Tel: 0871 984 6071 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 0871 984 6071 end_of_the_skype_highlighting*

Premier Travel Inn

Tel: 0870 990 6418 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 0870 990 6418 end_of_the_skype_highlighting

Chris

Me and the missus are coming up from Cardiff for both rooms, though I'm intending on staying upstairs more hopefully! We couldn't get anywhere to stay in Nantwich either, but eventually got a place Friday called Wilbraham Arms (58 Welsh Row, Nantwich, CW5 5EJ. 01270 626419), 5 mins walk (I'm guessing?), probably end up being a dive seeing it's 30 quid a night (?!), but it's only for a few hours kip, so have to grin and bear it!

Me and the missus are coming up from Cardiff for both rooms, though I'm intending on staying upstairs more hopefully! We couldn't get anywhere to stay in Nantwich either, but eventually got a place Friday called Wilbraham Arms (58 Welsh Row, Nantwich, CW5 5EJ. 01270 626419), 5 mins walk (I'm guessing?), probably end up being a dive seeing it's 30 quid a night (?!), but it's only for a few hours kip, so have to grin and bear it!

Look forward to meeting you both come and say hello to me and chris

let us know what the accomodation is like we can then add it to the list

see you both saturday

regards

dave lucas

Look forward to meeting you both come and say hello to me and chris

let us know what the accomodation is like we can then add it to the list

see you both saturday

regards

dave lucas

Will do, woman at the Railway recommended the Wilbraham as an alternative, so hopefully will be ok, there's always the back seat of the car otherwise! Came to the Civic in August, but we didn't know anyone and the better half camped herself downstairs so only managed a few peaks upstairs. There should be a few people we know around this time so should be able to spirit myself upsatairs!

hi Chris /Dave looks like another top night of soul at dab as always .see you Saturday night

be good to see you rob think we can gurantee no snow this month

certianly looking to be a great anniversary night saturday and lots of travellers

from the calls and mails i,ve had.

really looking forwared to our guest for the night in keith and maxine and the young mr franklin

only place to be me thinks saturday night especially if crossover/70,s soul is your thing.

see you all saturday

regards

dave lucas

All things being equal I'll be along on Saturday for this one. Staying with friends in Holmes Chapel so hopefully there'll be four of us along. Downstairs is good too, really good dance floor, great for oldies fans. Always go down for a dance or two.

be good to see you at nantwich/dabofsoul again geoff

see you saturday

regards

dave lucas

Guest Brett F

All things being equal I'll be along on Saturday for this one. Staying with friends in Holmes Chapel so hopefully there'll be four of us along. Downstairs is good too, really good dance floor, great for oldies fans. Always go down for a dance or two.

Hi Geoff, be great to catch up mate, talk soul, share a beer, see you and your people at the bar, interest is red hot for the anniversary, all roads lead to Nantwich on the 22nd.

Brett

Hi Chris & Dave

You can add Louise and Myself to the ever growing band of travellers to the "Dab" on Saturday.

I will bring along the last handful of Natural Impulse 45's that I have available left ,so don't miss out.

Oh! and by the way I've got a little something for you Chris, gotta keep that radio show of yours at the cutting edge hatsoff2.gif

Dave

:yes:

Hi Geoff

Don't forget your trousers this time, as some poor shorted girl mistook you for Rod Hulll's EMU on your last visit :yes:

Dave

Guest Derbyshire Bint

Brett

I have got to ask you Bret, is that a euphemism for something !!!!!!! :yes:

There certainly seems to be a good vibe about Saturdays Dab. I will be making the journey with Kev and Robert, and we are hoping to hear some good tunes (all of us) chat,(all of us) dance (me) and for Kev and Robert, looking through some records........ by some, I mean all the records that are on offer! :yes:

We'll see on Saturday

Vicki

Hi Chris & Dave

You can add Louise and Myself to the ever growing band of travellers to the "Dab" on Saturday.

I will bring along the last handful of Natural Impulse 45's that I have available left ,so don't miss out.

Oh! and by the way I've got a little something for you Chris, gotta keep that radio show of yours at the cutting edge :yes:

Dave

dave

have you not yet learnt mr A does,nt do cutting edge so you better let me have it and i,ll vet it for him.

table space reserved for you

regards

dave lucas

Guest Brett F

I have got to ask you Bret, is that a euphemism for something !!!!!!! :thumbsup:

There certainly seems to be a good vibe about Saturdays Dab. I will be making the journey with Kev and Robert, and we are hoping to hear some good tunes (all of us) chat,(all of us) dance (me) and for Kev and Robert, looking through some records........ by some, I mean all the records that are on offer! :lol:

We'll see on Saturday

Vicki

Sorry Dave I cant make this month either. :lol:

So what do I need to do to get a CD ? :lol: not................. the gimp mask, again :Dshhh.gif

John, First i need to record it...just done it tonight instead of putting Alex to bed...now i have 50 to copy before tomorrow night!

Will save you one....unless you are gonna make it after all...you know it makes sense!!!!

Looking forward to a packer at "Dab" tomorrow..even without a couple of regulars....

Bring it on!

Chris.