The Boiler - Barcelona - First 2011 Session

Guest Alberto Valle

Guest Alberto Valle

The Boiler

Rhythm & Soul Club · Barcelona

Sat. January the 8th

@ JazzRoom

C/ Vallmajor 33 (Plaça d'Adrià) · Barcelona (SP)

23h00 05h00 am

Access: 10 | Includes beer or soda

www.theboilerclub.com

https://theboilerclub.blogspot.com

theboilerclub@yahoo.es

++ Guest DJs

* Andrea Ceritano (Italy)

"Hi, my name is Andrea and I'm from Teramo, where I co-promote the Underground Blues Mod Weekender. I have played at some great events such as Hot Mod Summer on the Lake (Perugia - IT), All Saints Mod Holiday (Lavarone - IT), Noche De Reyes (Madrid - SP), Beat Goes On (Luanco - SP), Riverside R&B Club (Antwerp - BE), Lex Luthor Weekend (A Coruña - SP) and the Raduno Mod Italiano (Marina Di Ravenna - IT).

I dig all kinds of quality black sounds between the 50s and the 70s, but my collection is heavily based on 50s / 60s R&B, some dance Jazz and some Jamaican grooves.

Here's 5 that I'll be playing at The Boiler":

Little Florence: Miss you so (Excello)

Gloria Irving: I need a man (Cobra)

Lula Reed: Sick & tired (King)

Muddy Waters: Troubles no more (Chess)

John Lee Hooker: Boom-Boom (Vee-Jay)

* Christophe 'Tof' Imbert (France / Barcelona)

"Hola, I'm Christophe or Tof for my friends. I'm an Afro-American music addict, collecting mostly Soul and R&B 45s. I've played my records all over France and organized various mod/soul club over the last 15 years (Boom Boom/Lyon, Midnight Shuffle /Bordeaux,...). Now living in Barcelona area, I run since last year a bi-monthly nite with my friend Fonsoul called Double Cookin'. I'm really excited to be at the desks at my favorite R&S club and will try to make you dance with a selection of R&B, popcorn and Soul spiced with some classic Northern and funky crossover tunes".

Valentines: That's it man (King)

Young Jessie: Big Chief (king of love) (Mercury)

The Gospel Pearls: Two little fishes (Liberty Fr)

Rocky Gil & the Bishops: Soul Party (Tear Drop)

Betty Everett: Nothing I wouldn't do (Abc)

* Sr. Varo (Gijon / Valencia)

Raw 50s & early 60s R&B with Sr. Varo, co-founder of the Funtastic Dracula Festival and Dr. Explosion's former drummer. After his successful visits behind the Boiler decks he's gonna do it again with an explosive set for the dance craze infected!

Eugene Blacknell: Jump back (Clara)

Bob Landers: Cherokee dance (Specialty)

Lee Diamond: Mama Loochie (Vee-Jay)

Arron Mc Cray: I´ll have the last laugh (Reel)

Five Du-Tones: Nobody but my babe (One-Derful)

* Paula Obaya (Oviedo / Tarragona)

Paula Obaya is back at the Boiler decks with a great set full of 60s rare R&B and Early Soul, combining different tempos and making the audience dance at "the best current black music club in Spain, IMHO" as she says. If you have had the occasion of enjoying her selection (she has been playing all around the country: Asturias, Catalonia, Madrid...) you sure won't be missing her comeback to our club!

Johnny Taylor: Dance what you wanna (Derby)

Tiny Topsy: Just a little bit (Federal)

Garnett Mims: Prove it to me (United Artists)

Kurt Harris: Emperor of my baby's heart (Diamond)

Eddie Holland: I'm on the outside looking in (Motown)

+ Resident DJS: Cristina Alonso & Jordi Duró & Alberto Valle

Please note: in order to start 2011 the best possible way, there'll be a RECORDS RAFFLE during the evening, with some fine 45s recently issued by Barcelona based Butterfly Rds. Label (R&B - Soul - Frat - Funk)!!! Please look at your entrance ticket, you might be extra lucky!

post-9021-0-57172600-1293617596_thumb.jp

Edited by Alberto Valle
  • Replies 0
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Posted Images