Jackey Beavers I Need My Revilot

• Replies 85
  • Views 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

10 agree Brian but have seen more copy's than say demo's of Don't Be Sore At Me but then I never checked to see if those JB's that I have seen were demo's or issues. I thought it was a very rare.

I Think You're Right Tony ! ! Loads Of Jackey Beavers Been About But Only Ever Seen 2 Demo's Of Don't Be Sore At Me In Years!! yes.gif:lol:

Social source share

agree on that too, tony, can't recall seing a demo of jackey beavers and certainly seen more copies than parliament demos. it would sell for a stack if the issue wasn't common.

BRI

It Used To Book At £250 in JM's Guide Vol 4, Which Wasn't Bad When The Issue Was A Tenner!! yes.gif:lol:

Social source share

Your proposition is true for loads of 45s which continue to turn up.

I have noticed copies going through Ebay but a lot have looked f**ked. Think Diggin' Dave had a copy recently in poor condition.

As for comparison to Parliaments the first time someone gives a JB for a Parliaments DJ I'll believe the Parliaments is more desirable because it's rarer.

Social source share

Was going to post on this also, your all right, shed loads of VG and VG + copies flying out of the states right now.... Pat Lewis however, you never see it...

regards parliaments, I' not that bothered about demo vs Issue, long as it plays fine I'm happy.. prices are deffo coming down though, I understand people wanting at least what they paid for the bigger tracks but the amount of people out there are buying less, allot less, and the quicker the market reacts to this the better I reckon, DEALERS!!! your 45's are worth less in todays market, so start ,listing them at affordable prices pls..

Mal.C.

Social source share

Prices down! Humm every time I bid on something I get out bid by 2 or 3 more but then it could be harder to find records than the glut of 30 to 100 pounders.

7 just on this page last year or this year.

https://www.popsike.com/php/quicksearch.php?searchtext=jackey+beavers+revilot&x=15&y=6

Edited by Prophonics 2029
Social source share

Prices down! Humm every time I bid on something I get out bid by 2 or 3 more but then it could be harder to find records than the glut of 30 to 100 pounders.

7 just on this page last year or this year.

https://www.popsike.c...evilot&x=15&y=6

This Is The Problem Tony Always Going To Be Lots Of The Cheaper End Things But The Big Rare Things Always Seem To Hold Their Price!! Unfortunately!! So No Bargains On That Front!! :lol:

Social source share

Your proposition is true for loads of 45s which continue to turn up.

I have noticed copies going through Ebay but a lot have looked f**ked. Think Diggin' Dave had a copy recently in poor condition.

As for comparison to Parliaments the first time someone gives a JB for a Parliaments DJ I'll believe the Parliaments is more desirable because it's rarer.

Hi Rod, If There Wasn't As Many Issues Floating Around Of The Parliaments I Think It Would Be Up There With JB As It Is A Great 45 And Just As Good IMHO Unfortunately for the Parliaments JB's "b" Side Blasts Most "B" Sides out of the Water!! yes.gif:lol:

Social source share

Hi Rod, If There Wasn't As Many Issues Floating Around Of The Parliaments I Think It Would Be Up There With JB As It Is A Great 45 And Just As Good IMHO Unfortunately for the Parliaments JB's "b" Side Blasts Most "B" Sides out of the Water!! yes.gif:lol:

ALSO DON'T FORGET THERE MUST BE A DEMO OF JACKEY BEAVERS KNOCKIN ABOUT, ALL SEEM TO BE ISSUES LISTED ON POPSIKE, BUT THE PROMO NOT FOR SALE MAY BE ON THE LOVE THAT NEVER GROWS OLD SIDE, ALL SEEM TO BE SCANS OF THE I NEED MY BABY SIDE

BRI

Edited by bri pinch
Social source share

ALSO DON'T FORGET THERE MUST BE A DEMO OF JACKEY BEAVERS KNOCKIN ABOUT, ALL SEEM TO BE ISSUES LISTED ON POPSIKE, BUT THE PROMO NOT FOR SALE MAY BE ON THE LOVE THAT NEVER GROWS OLD SIDE, ALL SEEM TO BE SCANS OF THE I NEED MY BABY SIDE

BRI

Don't Think JB's Exists In DJ Format!! The Parliaments Has "DJ Copy" And "Not For Sale" On Both Sides But The "All Your Goodies Are Gone" Side Has "Plug Side" On It As Well !! yes.gif:lol: Atb John

Social source share

Was going to post on this also, your all right, shed loads of VG and VG + copies flying out of the states right now.... Pat Lewis however, you never see it...

regards parliaments, I' not that bothered about demo vs Issue, long as it plays fine I'm happy.. prices are deffo coming down though, I understand people wanting at least what they paid for the bigger tracks but the amount of people out there are buying less, allot less, and the quicker the market reacts to this the better I reckon, DEALERS!!! your 45's are worth less in todays market, so start ,listing them at affordable prices pls..

Mal.C.

Mal..nice try ,keep telling yourself and you might convince yourself biggrin.gif

Some things have reached new heights and some not....swings and roundabouts still,im afraid!

If these ,that have been sold in December ...a traditionally poor time for selling,are anything to go by :lol:

BOB & GENE -I REALLY ,REALLY LOVE YOU ( MO-DO) £800 ...LAST NIGHT

MARTINEQUES - IF YOU WANT TO CALL ME (ME-O) £1000+ LAST NIGHT

MILTON PARKER -WOMEN LIKE IT HARDER (CLOSET ) £1300 ..LAST WEEK

VOLUMES- I'VE NEVER BEEN SO IN LOVE (GARU) £1100 ..LAST WEEK

FLUOERSCENT SMOGG .......A MONTH BACK ...$7406 ................................NEED I GO ON no.gif

Social source share

Don't Think JB's Exists In DJ Format!! The Parliaments Has "DJ Copy" And "Not For Sale" On Both Sides But The "All Your Goodies Are Gone" Side Has "Plug Side" On It As Well !! yes.gif:lol: Atb John

I have a few of the multi-coloured Revilot promos including the Parliaments - "Don't Be Sore At Me".

The Holidays DJ on #205 has "DJ COPY" and "NOT FOR SALE" on both sides ... but no mention of "PLUG SIDE".

The Ronnie Taylor DJ on #212 only has "PLUG SIDE" printed on the "Without Love" side - that's all - and the flip is plain just like the issue.

There are some sticker demos of course.

Never seen or heard of a DJ copy of Jackey Beavers. If it does exist I think it is most likely to be a sticker demo.

I'm sure someone said years ago that they knew someone who once had a grey labelled Jackey Beavers ohmy.gif - pre-scanner days etc. Think it might have been Dave Flynn (Dave can you confirm please?). Would like to see that one as it otherwise doesn't make much sense because the last grey label was #204 and Jackey Beavers came out on #208.

Cheers

Richard

Edited by Premium Stuff
Social source share

I have a few Revilot promos including the Parliaments - "Don't Be Sore At Me".

The Holidays DJ on #205 has "DJ COPY" and "NOT FOR SALE" on both sides ... but no mention of "PLUG SIDE".

The Ronnie Taylor DJ on #212 only has "PLUG SIDE" printed on the "Without Love" side - that's all - and the flip is plain just like the issue.

There are some sticker demos of course.

Never seen or heard of a DJ copy of Jackey Beavers. If it does exist I think it is most likely to be a sticker demo.

I'm sure someone said years ago that they knew someone who once had a grey labelled Jackey Beavers ohmy.gif - pre-scanner days etc. Think it might have been Dave Flynn (Dave can you confirm please?). Would like to see that one as it otherwise doesn't make much sense because the last grey label was #204 and Jackey Beavers came out on #208.

Cheers

Richard

Richard If You Turn Your Parliaments Over I Think You Will Find It Has "Plug Side" On What You Would Call The "B" Side!! The Only Other Demo Of This I Have Seen Was Identical To Mine :thumbsup::huh: Atb John.

Social source share

All Your Goodies Are Gone ZTSC 126647

Don't Be Sore At Me ZTSC 126648

Here's a scan from Popsike of the demo side of DBSAM, no plug side mention.

post-225-0-77157000-1293710171_thumb.jpg

Matrix numbers seem to confirm then Chalky :yes:

Makes it a lot easier when it's printed on the record eh yes.gif

Social source share

For me Jackey's best two records are:

1. Love That Never Grows Old (Revilot)

2. Bring Me All Your Heartaches (Grandland)

Cheers

Richard

Good call .....on the 1st one but i reckon his version of "WE'RE NOT TOO YOUNG" JABER takes 2nd spot for me

Jeez im doing it now Dave :thumbsup:

Social source share

Mal..nice try ,keep telling yourself and you might convince yourself :ohmy:

Some things have reached new heights and some not....swings and roundabouts still,im afraid!

If these ,that have been sold in December ...a traditionally poor time for selling,are anything to go by :thumbsup:

BOB & GENE -I REALLY ,REALLY LOVE YOU ( MO-DO) £800 ...LAST NIGHT

MARTINEQUES - IF YOU WANT TO CALL ME (ME-O) £1000+ LAST NIGHT

MILTON PARKER -WOMEN LIKE IT HARDER (CLOSET ) £1300 ..LAST WEEK

VOLUMES- I'VE NEVER BEEN SO IN LOVE (GARU) £1100 ..LAST WEEK

FLUOERSCENT SMOGG .......A MONTH BACK ...$7406 ................................NEED I GO ON :)

that bob and gene used to be a tricky 100 quid record and isn't actually all that good to be honest. 800 for it is just plain madness.

the martiniques auction was odd it was on ebay then off then back on again. Not sure what went wrong the first time.

Social source share

that bob and gene used to be a tricky 100 quid record and isn't actually all that good to be honest. 800 for it is just plain madness.

the martiniques auction was odd it was on ebay then off then back on again. Not sure what went wrong the first time.

I remember buying the Bob & Gene, or should i say ,trading a few things plus cash with Sid Jones whilst at a venue....did'nt realise how poor it sounded until i got home and gave it a spin :thumbsup:

Consequently i sold it straight away for about £175 and that was for best offer :ohmy:

The MARTINEQUES was listed for flat rate and had no bids ...he took it off and put it on as a buy it now for $800 or $500 starting bid..

First bidder knocked out the buy it now option ,much to the delight of the seller i reckon ,as it went for DOUBLE :lol:

Lord only knows why the 1st bidder didnt snatch it for $800 /£520 buy it now option :)

I think that is the 1st one ive ever seen listed on ebay and an issue copy too!

Whats the score with issue v demo on this one ??

Social source share

I don't think the matrix number necessarily refers to A or B side, just a reference to the stamper, as shown by Rod, there is a large gap between one side of Jackey Beavers and the other, and there are plenty of instances where sides are re-issued with different b-sides (retaining the original matrix and not assigned a new one). The plug sides could easily be chosen by radio DJ's and I'd bet more often than not were, regardless of having a plug on them. Just a thought.

Social source share

And back to the original question, most of the copies that have been of Ebay over the last year have been in rather poor shape with varying degrees of tatty labels, and doesn't indicate a "find".

It is still one of the finest double siders from the motor city, say no more.

[/quot

indicates maybe it was a small hit in detroit

dave

Social source share

I don't think the matrix number necessarily refers to A or B side, just a reference to the stamper, as shown by Rod, there is a large gap between one side of Jackey Beavers and the other, and there are plenty of instances where sides are re-issued with different b-sides (retaining the original matrix and not assigned a new one). The plug sides could easily be chosen by radio DJ's and I'd bet more often than not were, regardless of having a plug on them. Just a thought.

Reckon DJ's ignore the record companies "Plug Side" or the ones marked with an x maybe by the distributors?. Maybe that's the reason for white demos with same track both side, DJ's can't play the wrong side?

I wonder what records precede/follow the Jackie Beaver's cuts in the system?

Social source share

I wonder what records precede/follow the Jackie Beaver's cuts in the system?

Hi Chalky

Well I was thinking it's possibly going to be on a related label - and sure enough ZTSC 126202/126203 Benny Poole - Pearl Baby Pearl/Sorry 'Bout That (Solid Hit) came right before "Love That never Grows Old" (ZTSC 126204).

Will see if I can find any others.

Cheers

Richard

Edited by Premium Stuff
Social source share

Curiosity got the better of me so had a quick look, Benny Poole on Solid Hit 107 is ZTSC 126202/3. Can't see anything preceding or following 126221 in Revilot, Solid Hit or Brute.

The R&B Indies does throw another tit bit up, 208 with two releases. First one the one we are talking about, INMB and LTNGO and another with LTNGO b/w It Rained 40 Days and 40 Nights?

Social source share

I remember buying the Bob & Gene, or should i say ,trading a few things plus cash with Sid Jones whilst at a venue....did'nt realise how poor it sounded until i got home and gave it a spin :thumbsup:

Consequently i sold it straight away for about £175 and that was for best offer :(

The MARTINEQUES was listed for flat rate and had no bids ...he took it off and put it on as a buy it now for $800 or $500 starting bid..

First bidder knocked out the buy it now option ,much to the delight of the seller i reckon ,as it went for DOUBLE :yes:

Lord only knows why the 1st bidder didnt snatch it for $800 /£520 buy it now option :lol:

I think that is the 1st one ive ever seen listed on ebay and an issue copy too!

Whats the score with issue v demo on this one ??

not sure on the issue v demo question.

fist time he listed it i'm sure he made some comment about it being a 50s record which was odd. First time mround my offer to him to end the auction early must of been a touch to low :hatsoff2:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!