Jackey Beavers I Need My Revilot

Curiosity got the better of me so had a quick look, Benny Poole on Solid Hit 107 is ZTSC 126202/3. Can't see anything preceding or following 126221 in Revilot, Solid Hit or Brute.

The R&B Indies does throw another tit bit up, 208 with two releases. First one the one we are talking about, INMB and LTNGO and another with LTNGO b/w It Rained 40 Days and 40 Nights?

Hi Chalky - what's the story there then? Does it mean IRFDAN was actually recorded by JB but not released - or does it suggest a release ohmy.gif?

Cheers

Richard

Social source share

• Replies 85
  • Views 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Hi Chalky - what's the story there then? Does it mean IRFDAN was actually recorded by JB but not released - or does it suggest a release ohmy.gif?

Cheers

Richard

I don't know Richard, it would suggest it was recorded and at least scheduled for a release. I've never seen or heard of a Jackie Beavers take of IRFDAN.

Social source share

Why Use THe Revilot Label Pattern/Design Surely A Copyright Infrigement?? :hatsoff2:

I guess it would be if they don't have the rights to use the design/pattern, but perhaps they do?

Can't see these reissues fooling anyone into thinking that they are originals.

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

not at all. Do you have an answer to the question as well as an opinion that it is the better recording?

Personally upon hearing I can see why it was canned, totally inferior to Jackie Beavers. :hatsoff2:

Same here, should have stayed in the can, a lot of those Steve Mancha/Melvin Davis/Joey Kingfish things on those cd's are obviously early run outs and they sure sound like it.

Social source share

Don't understand. All licensed, royalties paid, well known UK reissue company, why would anyone object to these, they aren't made to fool anyone, they have an Outta Site logo for a start.

Just A Personal Opinion!! Never Liked Boots Re-issues Whatever Name You Want To Put On These Back In The Day And Hate Them Even More Now After Spending Fortunes And Lots Of Time Sourcing Originals!! :lol:

Social source share

I guess it would be if they don't have the rights to use the design/pattern, but perhaps they do?

Can't see these reissues fooling anyone into thinking that they are originals.

Not The Point I Am Making Just More Good Tunes To Be Made Available for Anyone To Buy And Be Played Out At Venues!!:lol:

Social source share

Not The Point I Am Making Just More Good Tunes To Be Made Available for Anyone To Buy And Be Played Out At Venues!!:lol:

it was also released on one of the wigan anniversary singles ... so been available for some time now :D

....and in my opinion it ain't that good a tune, there is a far supirior version than JB's :ohmy:

Edited by mikecook
Social source share

it was also released on one of the wigan anniversary singles ... so been available for some time now :D

....and in my opinion it ain't that good a tune, there is a far supirior version than JB's :ohmy:

Along With The Professionals,Al Williams, Lester Tipton Etc, Etc But They Don't Look Anything Like The Real Deal!! :lol:

Social source share

I Thought The Northern Soul Scene Evolved From Rare Soul Music!! What's the Point Of Collecting So Called Rare Soul Records If Someone Can Buy The Rights Press Up Hundreds Of Copies And Devalue The Originals And Make Them Just Another Played Out Oldie!! :D:lol:

Social source share

I Thought The Northern Soul Scene Evolved From Rare Soul Music!! What's the Point Of Collecting So Called Rare Soul Records If Someone Can Buy The Rights Press Up Hundreds Of Copies And Devalue The Originals And Make Them Just Another Played Out Oldie!! :D:lol:

Thats always happened though hasn't it? Both legally and illegally. Jackie Beavers not really what you would call underplayed either is it?

As long as you know what you are paying to listen to there shouldn't be a problem? You can avoid those who live by play anything rule.

Social source share

Thats always happened though hasn't it? Both legally and illegally. Jackie Beavers not really what you would call underplayed either is it?

As long as you know what you are paying to listen to there shouldn't be a problem? You can avoid those who live by play anything rule.

Very True And I Usually Do!! :lol:

Social source share

No, you thought wrong.

It evolved from what turned out to be surprisingly easy records to get hold of. With the benefit of hindsight of course.

And whilst I do remember a time when a boot devalued the original it's not been that way for quite a time other than dj flavour of the month 45s sometimes suffer if demand is satisfied either through originals turning up or bootlegs/re-issues.

I kinda see 45s as collectible value + X for demand.

ROD

Social source share

No, you thought wrong.

It evolved from what turned out to be surprisingly easy records to get hold of. With the benefit of hindsight of course.

And whilst I do remember a time when a boot devalued the original it's not been that way for quite a time other than dj flavour of the month 45s sometimes suffer if demand is satisfied either through originals turning up or bootlegs/re-issues.

I kinda see 45s as collectible value + X for demand.

ROD

I Guess You Have Got Rid Of Your Big Oldies Eh Rod?? :D:ohmy: I Wish I Had Started Selling A Bit Sooner :lol: Atb John.

Social source share

No still got lots but have sold a few over last few years for sorting out the odd financial necessity.

It just doesn't bother me if like JB they're re-issued and I have them.

I only buy M or M- and for my own pleasure. I get just as much enjoyment from a £5 45 as a £500 45 as long as they fit in with my collecting.

Like Chalky though I don't see the point in shelling out for VG copies of rarities that have been played to death anyway. You may as well play a legal re-issue and save your money for something different.

Social source share

No still got lots but have sold a few over last few years for sorting out the odd financial necessity.

It just doesn't bother me if like JB they're re-issued and I have them.

I only buy M or M- and for my own pleasure. I get just as much enjoyment from a £5 45 as a £500 45 as long as they fit in with my collecting.

Like Chalky though I don't see the point in shelling out for VG copies of rarities that have been played to death anyway. You may as well play a legal re-issue and save your money for something different.

What About The M Or M- Biggies That Will Be Booted Sooner Or Later And Condition Doesn't Always Enter Into The Equation As A Lot Of These 45's Were 10 To 20 Years Old When First Played On The Northern/Rare Scene And Are Not Always Available in Mint Condition At Any Price!! You Should Know Rod You Have Owned Enough Of Them Over The Years!! (Biggies That Is !!)

Edited by mrtag
Social source share

Not quite sure what you're trying to say there.

Condition always enters into it. You can see that from prices.

Im really not bothered if something I own is bootlegged.

What Im saying is [and point is also made by Mark on Ivorys thread] it's dumb in the extreme to spend lots of money on poor condition [VG and below] 45s just because owning an original carries some kudos or it's something popular on the dance floor.

Obviously that doesn't apply to one or two very very rare items or something spectacular that is new to everybody.

Social source share

Not quite sure what you're trying to say there.

Condition always enters into it. You can see that from prices.

Im really not bothered if something I own is bootlegged.

What Im saying is [and point is also made by Mark on Ivorys thread] it's dumb in the extreme to spend lots of money on poor condition [VG and below] 45s just because owning an original carries some kudos or it's something popular on the dance floor.

Obviously that doesn't apply to one or two very very rare items or something spectacular that is new to everybody.

I Understand what you're saying especially re Ivory's Bacon Barm!! But Some 45's only ever turned Up In Pretty Poor Condition Margaret Little Etc.(Condition Doesnt Seem To Make Any Difference As An Aquaintance In The U.S. Sold A Vg- for $7400 And Only Got $7099 for A VG+ / EX Condition Copy) So Do You Pass Up The Chance Of Owning A Great Record Because It's Not Mint?? I Don't Think So !! I Guess The Modern Guys Have Got It Right As A Lot Of The Record Companies Are Still Going And Would prosecute Anyone Infringing Their Copyrights Whereas Spending Big Bucks On A Big Oldie Is A Big Risk As Half The Time The Label That Some Of These 45's Where On Was That Small Nobody Knows Who Owns The Rights And Probabley Don't Care So You Can Lose A Lot Overnight So To Speak!! Anyway Enough Said We Are Getting Further Away From JB And Mr Toliver's Beloved Label!! I Think I Will Beg To Differ On Your Views On This One Rod. Atb John Ps You Have Just Saved Me About 50 Quid And A Few lbs As I Should Have Been Going Out For A Meal Tonight !! So Thanks For That!! :lol::unsure:laugh.gif

Edited by mrtag
Social source share

john's right it causes loads o damage . anyway lot's of people who come on this site have there nose in the bootleg re issue trough in some shape or form ,:unsure:

Bring Back That Nice Mr Soussan And That Lovely OOTP Label At Least You Could Tell A Mile Off What You Were Getting!! laugh.gif:lol: :lol:

Social source share

No not yet Mt but lucky if I had, two of these up on Ebay, didn't know about the reissue thingie so if the funds go to the right place I don't have any problems with that. :lol:

Trust Me Tony If You Had A Copy I Think You Would Agree With Both Myself And Paul !! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!