Route 61 Soul Club Sheffield

Phew! It's been a hectic three days, Lyric, Gawber WMC/ Metrodome and last night at Route 61. A surefire way to loose those extra pounds put on over Christmas lol

Did wonder how many people would turn up at the Niagara Suite as Yockie was djing at the Grange on the same night but still managed to attract a fair number of soulies, regulars and new faces. Plenty of people in from the start and it was my privelege to do the first hour playing my blend of classic and underplayed tunes, and a quick head count at the end of the evening numbered a dozen or so still dancing and reluctant to leave.

Martin and Steve didn't disappoint with their own distinctive choices of music, and guest DJ Mark Hopes kept the floor busy. What would the rest of us give for some of his records!

Good to see some survivors from the Metrodome turning up, albeit with aching legs, and to have Little John back on the scene again.

Remember, next night at this increasingly popular venue is Friday 28th January 2011, hope to see you all then.

Wishing everyone a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year. Keep Soulful.:lol:

• Replies 21
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Old Soul

Phew! It's been a hectic three days, Lyric, Gawber WMC/ Metrodome and last night at Route 61. A surefire way to loose those extra pounds put on over Christmas lol

Did wonder how many people would turn up at the Niagara Suite as Yockie was djing at the Grange on the same night but still managed to attract a fair number of soulies, regulars and new faces. Plenty of people in from the start and it was my privelege to do the first hour playing my blend of classic and underplayed tunes, and a quick head count at the end of the evening numbered a dozen or so still dancing and reluctant to leave.

Martin and Steve didn't disappoint with their own distinctive choices of music, and guest DJ Mark Hopes kept the floor busy. What would the rest of us give for some of his records!

Good to see some survivors from the Metrodome turning up, albeit with aching legs, and to have Little John back on the scene again.

Remember, next night at this increasingly popular venue is Friday 28th January 2011, hope to see you all then.

Wishing everyone a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year. Keep Soulful.:thumbsup:

Nothing more to add to John's words all I can do is reiterate what a great night, well done to all the crew down at the Route 61 for all their hard work in 2010 that's made this a great place to go , really looking forward to more of the same in 2011, Happy New Year to all you guys.....KTF.....:)

Wishing everyone a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year. Keep Soulful.:hatsoff2:

Bit late with this so thanks for starting the thread John.

Wasn't really sure what to expect due to all of the events in and around Christmas, but we were pleasantly surprised by the numbers.

People who had attended 3 events on the trot turned out to help create a great atmosphere and make it a really good night.

All of the residents did their bit and Mark Hopes was absolutely outstanding, with a top set of oldies and 70's which kept the dancefloor buzzing for the full hour.

All in all a great finish to whats been a really good year for Route 61!

Wishing everyone a very happy and soulful new year

Martin

Edited by Guest

What a great night, we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. A little bit different from my normal type of spot but it made a nice refreshing change and one I enjoyed.

Top class venue and friendly crowd!

Well done guys and great soul night that I am sure will go from strength to strength in 2011.

Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Mark

What a great night, we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. A little bit different from my normal type of spot but it made a nice refreshing change and one I enjoyed.

Top class venue and friendly crowd!

Well done guys and great soul night that I am sure will go from strength to strength in 2011.

Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Mark

Thanks for coming along Mark your set was really appreciated by everyone in the room and it showed by a packed dancefloor throughout.

Top shelf original vinyl and to end with Jackey Beavers was just class

Hope to see you around somewhere soon

Best Wishes

Martin

Guest A WAY OF LIFE NS

Wishing everyone a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year. Keep Soulful.:hatsoff2:

:lol: What can i say what not been said already ,was truly a fab night to say other events on over xmas , djs played crackin sets kept floor busy and atmosphear was the friendly vibe the route always gives to anyone who as ever been. Thnx john for a brilliant warm up, and steve and martins sets fab, not forgetting mark hopes blend 70s and oldies supherb :thumbsup::(

wish you all a HAPPY AND SOULFUL NEW YEAR

PEACE KTF

Edited by A WAY OF LIFE NS

:rolleyes: What can i say what not been said already ,was truly a fab night to say other events on over xmas , djs played crackin sets kept floor busy and atmosphear was the friendly vibe the route always gives to anyone who as ever been. Thnx john for a brilliant warm up, and steve and martins sets fab, not forgetting mark hopes blend 70s and oldies supherb :rolleyes::thumbsup:

wish you all a HAPPY AND SOULFUL NEW YEAR

PEACE KTF

Hi Mark what a great night legs still a bit tight. It was a long wait from the last Route and Steve, Martin , John and guest Mark put on a night to remember thankyou. All the best to everybody at the Route 61.

Guest tree tops

just want to thank everybody at route 61 another fantastic night never danced as much a happy new year to everyone at route lets make 2011 even better :rolleyes: ktf paul

just want to thank everybody at route 61 another fantastic night never danced as much a happy new year to everyone at route lets make 2011 even better :thumbsup: ktf paul

Many thanks for starting this thread John,

Tuesday the 28th Dec. brought the first year at Route61 to an outstanding close for what as been an exceptional year for us with top class guest Djs throughout,

The night started with John Barnsley who started with a fab mix of soul which got the dance floor buzzing thank you John,

I thank Martin for keeping the same atmosphere flowing with a great set.

I Fozzie stayed with the same.

Our guest DJ Mark Hopes gave us one of the best spots i have heard in a long time, thankyou Mark!

it was back to Martin & myself who took the night to the fin.

Also thankyou to Martins Wife Kath on the Door. & to all the people who distribute flyers on our behalf,

I also give thanks to you the regulars & others who have given us there support through the year 0f 2010,

Not forgetting Jonny Wood & Willie from Barnsley for there help in previously co - promoting Route61.

I wish you all a Happy New Year.

We have had to make changes for 2011 beause of the Niagara Suites private Function Bookings

we have choosen availablitiy so that we could secure mostly the same Friday each Month,

with the exception of July 15th. - august 12th. - September 4th. we apologise for any inconvenience for this,

Happy New Year To All.

Fozzie

Edited by soul guy fozzie
Guest BrandySistaShirl

Wishing everyone a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year. Keep Soulful.hatsoff2.gif

hi..

glad you had a good nite.

sorry i couldnt come ....adrian needed my car for work so it left me without transport.

so i stayed in and was misserable!!!!yes.gif

happy new year to you all.xx

hi..

glad you had a good nite.

sorry i couldnt come ....adrian needed my car for work so it left me without transport.

so i stayed in and was misserable!!!!yes.gif

happy new year to you all.xx

Hya Shirl,

We missed you all on the 28th but hopefully see you at Route again in January

Happy New Year

Martin & Kath

:thumbsup: they will be no bootlegs either :no:

A NOTE FROM THE MANAGEMENT!

All bootlegs and shite are banned until further notice :thumbsup:

Look forward to seeing you on the 28th Rob :lol:

Martin

Edited by Guest

A NOTE FROM THE MANAGEMENT!

All bootlegs and shite are banned until further notice rolleyes.gif

Martin

Is Steve not doing a spot until further notice then Martin ! :thumbsup:

Only joking Steve - All the best for 2011 mate - must come over to the Route it's getting some good feedback !

Edited by Ray Copley

Is Steve not doing a spot until further notice then Martin ! :thumbsup:

Only joking Steve - All the best for 2011 mate - must come over to the Route it's getting some good feedback !

eyup Ray,

Hope you are OK long time no see

Be great to see you down at Route in the New Year

Happy New Year

Martin

Guest Old Soul

THE MANAGEMENT I didn`t know Hale and Pace was in charge.

Should that be ALE as in beer and PACE as in pacemaker for a certain dj ?....He He