Rose Batiste, I Miss My Baby

Suinoz

• Replies 19
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Remember Roger Stewart playing this for Rose when Levines backing CD packed up at Trentam Gardens.

WONDER IF SHE APPRECIATED IT TONY, AS IT'S NOT ONE OF HER BETTER VOCAL PERFORMANCES. AND JUST AS WELL HE DIDN'T PLAY THE OTHER SIDE COZ IT'S NOT EVEN HER SINGING BUT THE DEBONAIRES OF COURSE.

BRI

Social source share

WONDER IF SHE APPRECIATED IT TONY, AS IT'S NOT ONE OF HER BETTER VOCAL PERFORMANCES. AND JUST AS WELL HE DIDN'T PLAY THE OTHER SIDE COZ IT'S NOT EVEN HER SINGING BUT THE DEBONAIRES OF COURSE.

BRI

'Hit & Run' ...The Debonaires? Didn't know that, nice one Bri.

BTW suinoz, DoniBurdick -Bari Track is available on one of those 'Soul Galore' re-issue 45's from the 70's.

Social source share

BRI

I've never been totally convinced by this story Bri.

I know there was more than one version of "Hit And Run" but to my ears the version that came out on the Goldmine CD (Totally Solid Hitbound was it?) credited to the Debonaires was not the same cut as the one released on Revilot credited to Rose Batiste. Yes, the cuts sound very similar, bit they are not the same - at least to my ears

Cheers

Richard

Social source share

Rose Batiste on both counts "I Miss My Baby" And "Hit And Run" are IMHO utter *ANK.....Whereas Doni Burdick on both counts is in a different league "Bari Track" best Instro ever!! has the lot!! and "I Have Faith In You" well what can one say apart from any singer who kicks Mr. Hatcher into touch is doing something right.......just a perfect heartfelt soulfull sad tune that hits the spot every time i hear it.

£600+ you gotta laugh at this though as there ARE scores if not hundreds of copies ( Big *uck off ARCHER stamp in dead wax ) about.

Loughborough Town Hall around 84' ish.....Roger Banks......Complete minter.....£7.00!!

Social source share

I'm sure one of the goldmine CDs had the "I Miss My Baby" Inst on it, it sounds different to Bari Track, just as the mix of Doni Burdick IHFIY is differnent to Edwin Starr.

Question, is Bari Track & Doni Burdick' Sound Impression use of the backing tacks legal? as none of the appropriate credits seem to be there?

Social source share

I'm sure one of the goldmine CDs had the "I Miss My Baby" Inst on it, it sounds different to Bari Track, just as the mix of Doni Burdick IHFIY is differnent to Edwin Starr.

Question, is Bari Track & Doni Burdick' Sound Impression use of the backing tacks legal? as none of the appropriate credits seem to be there?

Tony - yes you're right

Here is the track listing

Cheers

Richard

GROOVESVILLE REVIEW VOLUME 1 CD (GOLDMINE) [GSCD121]

1. Has It Happened To You Yet - Edwin Starr

2. Let's Party - Steve Mancha

3. Happiness Is Here - Barbara Mecer

4. Heart Trouble - Parliaments, The

5. I Miss My Baby - Instrumental

6. That's Why I Love You - Professionals, The

7. Searching - Willie Hatcher

8. I Need My Baby - Melvin Davis & Steve Mancha

9. Trying To Forget You - Spyder Turner

10. Good Understanding, A - Steve Mancha

11. You're Gonna Be Sorry - Instrumental

12. Solid As A Rock - Joyce Vincent

13. You're My Mellow - Edwin Starr

14. Chains Of Love - Melvin Davis

15. He Stole The Love That Was Mine - Steve Mancha

16. Time Fades Away - Andrea Henry

17. Geni - Instrumental

18. Need To Be Needed - Steve Mancha

19. Pigfeet (Deeper In Love) - Robert Ward

20. I'm The One Who Loves You - Darrell Banks

21. Goings On, The - JJ Barnes

22. Unyeilding - Steve Mancha

23. Everlovin' - Instrumental

24. Still In My Heart - David Ruffin

Edited by Premium Stuff
Social source share

OooErr mrs!! Now that does give the OVO crowd a big dilemma does it not.......if SIR is to all intense and purpose from what you are saying a bootleg then it cant be played according to the 2011 revised bible of "soul Policing Of DJ's" as it states and i quote :- " if a dj plays a tune, even some 30 years after being discovered and played, and thought of being of legendary status amongst dancers and collectors and is later to be found that the said tune is/was in fact a non original/bootleg, then the said dj MUST be removed from the decks forthwith and his/her name published through out all forms of media."

It goes on to say after alot of legal rubbish " after all investigations are complete then the said record must be written out of northern soul records data base, and must never be played at an event EVER again or heard again by the followers"

Myself i dont give a flying ....... its still streets ahead of Rose Batiste.

Social source share

Most of the Doni Burdick "Sound Impression/Patterns" tracks made use of Detroit backing tracks - I Miss My Baby / If You Walk .. / I Have Faith / Candle - (I'm sure "Open The Door" is also the backing from one of the many 60's recordings, I just can't place it at the moment).

I was always under the sound impression that they were all sing-a-longs some years after the original music was recorded - maybe late Sixties or even 1970/71.

As each backing track is the same as the (slightly) earlier original, but a different mix (even different backing singers in the case of "I Have Faith"), then I would have thought that Doni Burdick openly and legally obtained these master backing tapes from GW to re-record himself, or in the case of "I Miss My Baby", produce an instrumental mix and not re-sing it.

Cheers

Mick

Social source share

I've never been totally convinced by this story Bri.

I know there was more than one version of "Hit And Run" but to my ears the version that came out on the Goldmine CD (Totally Solid Hitbound was it?) credited to the Debonaires was not the same cut as the one released on Revilot credited to Rose Batiste. Yes, the cuts sound very similar, bit they are not the same - at least to my ears

Cheers

Richard

THINK YOU'RE RIGHT ON THAT ACCOUNT RICHARD, BUT IT AIN'T THE SAME SINGER ON HIT AND RUN, AS ON I MISS MY BABY. OR AT LEAST IT DON'T SOUND THE SAME TO MY EARS :thumbsup:

BRI PINCH

Social source share

Remember Roger Stewart playing this for Rose when Levines backing CD packed up at Trentam Gardens.

:lol: HI ALL......YES BANG ON, THAT NIGHT MYSELF AND MICK SMITH GOT THERE EARLY AND SAT TALKING TO ROSE FOR HALF HOUR, SHE WROTE A REALLY NICE LETTER AUTOGRAPHED THANKING ME AND MICK AND ALL THE GREAT FANS OF HER MUSIC, SHE WAS VERY TIMMED, AND JUST COULD NOT BELIEVE THAT ANYONE HAD EVEN HERD OF HER??SHE LOVED ENGLAND, I TOLD HER ABOUT EDWIN STAR BEING AN ENGLISH MAN, A WEE BIT OF ENVY SHOWED. WE ARE ALL HUMAN, I LIKE HER "I MISS YOU BABY" FOR A KID SHE AIN'T THAT FLAT??

:D DAVE 2011

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert