York's Charity Motown & Classic Soul Party Night

Illya

Great Night, Busy night, a big thank you to all who attended. We raised over £300 for The Yorkshire Air Ambulance. Kev Birkhill fantastic set playing those long gone forgotten Motown gems, nice to here them played out again. Pete and Av for there support from the Manifesto Soul Club with the raffle prizes. It was great to see so many old friends there to enjoy themselves and still doing what they did years ago and thats dance. Mike Ward provided a mixture of the classics and Motown in his sets keeping the dance floor busy. Great night and thanks again for your support

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest yorks old boys

Great Night, Busy night, a big thank you to all who attended. We raised over £300 for The Yorkshire Air Ambulance. Kev Birkhill fantastic set playing those long gone forgotten Motown gems, nice to here them played out again. Pete and Av for there support from the Manifesto Soul Club with the raffle prizes. It was great to see so many old friends there to enjoy themselves and still doing what they did years ago and thats dance. Mike Ward provided a mixture of the classics and Motown in his sets keeping the dance floor busy. Great night and thanks again for your support

just got to thank you and the rest for a fantastic night out some class motown and sea cruise well i have not heard that in a long time and well done with the amount raised role on the next one

:yes:

A CRACKER OF A NIGHT & ALL FOR A GOOD CAUSE TOO.

:yes: TO ANDY & MIKE FOR ORGANISING THESE CHARITY EVENTS & TO THE GENEROSITY OF THE SOUL FAMILY IN HELPING RAISE OVER £300 FOR THE 'YORKSHIRE AIR AMBULANCE'

ANDY - SO GLAD AV & I COULD HELP yes.gif

PETE & AV

Edited by Pete Jay

Well done Mike & Andy for organising and hosting Yorks motown charity nite for the Air Ambulance. When's the next one ?

Well done Mike & Andy for organising and hosting Yorks motown charity nite for the Air Ambulance. When's the next one ?

Andy

I am sorry to say at the moment I will not be involved in any events at the venue used, :lol: they opened it up for other soul events on the back of our success, people thought they were coming to one of our events, only to be disappointed by one man and his cd :D player. The result was that there was complaints by local residents regarding the loudness of the music :D with the local council has allegedly got involved and has put a curfew on music :lol: . Most of our regulars traveled from a far, Hull, Harrogate, Rugby, Edinburgh, Belfast, Wrexham, Manchester and London to name a few. It is not in our interest to provide a "half baked" attempt at a soul night, not giving value for money, and to spoil our reputations. :hatsoff2: The venue is one of the best, second to none, and we had plenty of support from management and I thank them for that, but the management changed and I wish them every success. :huh:

Like Pete, Av and Kenny said above the generosity of the soul family at our events has been outstanding and I say a big thank you to all.

frusty2.gif Who knows, if things change :yes:

I have just spoke to Mike and he assure me that he going to continue with doing Charity Motown & Classic soul party night at the Club and which he will have my full support on the nights

Edited by Illya

A CRACKER OF A NIGHT & ALL FOR A GOOD CAUSE TOO.

:hatsoff2: TO ANDY & MIKE FOR ORGANISING THESE CHARITY EVENTS & TO THE GENEROSITY OF THE SOUL FAMILY IN HELPING RAISE OVER £300 FOR THE 'YORKSHIRE AIR AMBULANCE'

ANDY - SO GLAD AV & I COULD HELP :yes:

PETE & AV

It was great to see you and Av, I hope her daughter got away ok. You made a good night great, Have a good new years eve and I will see you at the Manifesto on 14th Jan if not before at the Wilton

Andy

I am sorry to say at the moment I will not be involved in any events at the venue used, :lol: they opened it up for other soul events on the back of our success, people thought they were coming to one of our events, only to be disappointed by one man and his cd :D player. The result was that there was complaints by local residents regarding the loudness of the music :D with the local council has allegedly got involved and has put a curfew on music :lol: . Most of our regulars traveled from a far, Hull, Harrogate, Rugby, Edinburgh, Belfast, Wrexham, Manchester and London to name a few. It is not in our interest to provide a "half baked" attempt at a soul night, not giving value for money, and to spoil our reputations. :hatsoff2: The venue is one of the best, second to none, and we had plenty of support from management and I thank them for that, but the management changed and I wish them every success. :huh:

Like Pete, Av and Kenny said above the generosity of the soul family at our events has been outstanding and I say a big thank you to all.

frusty2.gif Who knows, if things change :yes:

ever so sorry to hear that Andy. I'm sure the gods will smile on you and another of your top notch charity soul nites won't be too far away

ever so sorry to hear that Andy. I'm sure the gods will smile on you and another of your top notch charity soul nites won't be too far away

Hi Andy

Thanks for the TxT,To save confusion, you managed to put a reply whilst I was on the phone to Mike and he willing to carry on and I shall support him as much as I can with Charity Motown and Classic Party night, and he is planing one around the April time, see you tonight