2011-07-15 Rimini Rare Soul Weekender 2011

Dear soul folks ,

Another year has passed us by and we are ready to welcome

2011 ,which will see us celebrating our 10th anniversary.

So , it is with 'pride and joy' that we announce the dates for

the Rimini weekender , which will happen the

15th - 16th - 17th July

The event will be held, as the last three years, at the Gotha Club,

all details and line-up will be post in the next few weeks

any info you might need just pm.

txs.

Wishing everybody a happy 2011!

Visit this Event in Soul Source Events Guide for venue maps, street views,road and rail directions and more

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

here we are, we've got all confirmations from the Gotha club...

When we realised we've finally come to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the weekender...we just couldn't believe it!

A very special thank you goes to our friends Maria, Arthur, Karen and Pete for their constant support and help over the years.

This year a very special event will be taking place on sunday night as Mick H will be celebrating his

50th birthday, and we are so proud he has chosen Rimini to mark this important occasion.

Arthur, Cliff Steele and Kitch will all be spinning their top tunes along with Mick,don't miss it!

Weekender Programme:

FRIDAY, SATURDAY and SUNDAY afternoon/dinner time

Bar sessions with DJs, cocktails, food and record stalls

(dealers are welcome), free admission.

FRIDAY

night 10:30 pm - 05:00 am

allnighter in the main room

SATURDAY

night 10:30 pm - 06:00 am

allnighter in the main room

SUNDAY

08:00 pm - 03:00 am : Mick H birthday bash mini-nighter

with special guest djs (as always, free admission)

DJ LINE-UP

Arthur Fenn - Lars Bulnheim - Yann Vatiste

Barbara Grassi - Francesco Magnanini

sunday night special: Mick H, Arthur, Cliff Steele, Kitch

residents: Cristina Campaiola aka soulful Cris, Simone Ceccarelli , Cristian Riviera

TICKET & PASS

Niters pass club tickets (two drinks included) for the three niters 15th-16th-17th - 25 euro,

payable in advance by pay-pal or money transfer only within the 8 of July,

to reserve it you should send request with full name to: info@gambettolasoulcity.net

Single ticket is 15 euro for each night (one drink included),

no advance, payable directly at the door,

except for sunday night which is free entry.

Any other info you might need just pm,

for further details about location,local trasports ect..as well.

We hope you'll wanna come naturally!

Thanks.

Contacts

www.gambettolasoulcity.net - info@gambettolasoulcity.net

++39 348 7461774 - ++39 349 3420082

Accomodation suggestions

as far as hotel accomodation is concerned, you know no problems here,

prices will suit absolutely everybody...start as little as 20 euros up to whatever you're prepared to pay.

You can try any search engine and you'll get a list of hotels close to the venue

(for example: 'Rimini via Regina Margherita hotel' 'Rimni Rivazzurra hotel' ).

Links:

www.hotelsinromagna.it/en/hotel_rivazzurra.asp , www.rivazzurra.com/England/ ,

www.italyhotelstravel.com , www.expedia.co.uk , www.venere.com

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

less than one month to go!

Just to let you know ,

there is still availability for a nice accomodation nearby the venue at the following Hotels :

-H. Arix - www.Hotelarix.com

(2 stars) - V. Messina, 3

Tel. 0541 373445 | Fax 0541 373445

prices confirmed for the weekender :

B&B 38 euros single room

B&B 50 euros double room

42 euros per person half-board per day

47 euros per person full-board per day

-H. De France - www.hoteldefrance.it

(3 stars, swimming pool ), V. Regina Margherita, 48

Tel. 0541 379711 | Fax 0541 37970

Prices confirmed for the weekender :

B&B 65 euros single room (min. 3 days)

B&B 100 euros double room (min. 3 days)

for half / full board ask for an offer directly

-H. Grand Meeting - www.riminidamare.it/hotel/25/listino.html

(3 stars ),

Viale Regina Margherita, 46

47924 RIVAZZURRA RIMINI

Tel. +39 0541 372123 , Fax. +39 0541 371754

(no offer for the weekender , visit the website )

DJ LINE-UP

Cristina Campaiola , Cristian & Simone (residents)

SUNDAY NIGHT special: Mick H, Arthur, Cliff Steele, Kitch

BAR sessions Dj's line-up

Alfredo Maddaloni , Henning Borm , Miss Monica , Marco Paci , Joerg Brenner

plus other guests..

Any info you might need just pm,

txs

Cristian.

Ps.

for who are going to come to the weekender but have not book the flight yet,

there is availability to Bologna or Ancona airport surely ,once you get there, to reach Rimini by train it takes circa One And A Half Hour ,

while to Rimini airport it's hard now ...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

less than one month to go!

Just to let you know ,

there is still availability for a nice accomodation nearby the venue at the following Hotels :

-H. Arix - www.Hotelarix.com

(2 stars) - V. Messina, 3

Tel. 0541 373445 | Fax 0541 373445

prices confirmed for the weekender :

B&B 38 euros single room

B&B 50 euros double room

42 euros per person half-board per day

47 euros per person full-board per day

-H. De France - www.hoteldefrance.it

(3 stars, swimming pool ), V. Regina Margherita, 48

Tel. 0541 379711 | Fax 0541 37970

Prices confirmed for the weekender :

B&B 65 euros single room (min. 3 days)

B&B 100 euros double room (min. 3 days)

for half / full board ask for an offer directly

-H. Grand Meeting - www.riminidamare.it/hotel/25/listino.html

(3 stars ),

Viale Regina Margherita, 46

47924 RIVAZZURRA RIMINI

Tel. +39 0541 372123 , Fax. +39 0541 371754

(no offer for the weekender , visit the website )

DJ LINE-UP

Cristina Campaiola , Cristian & Simone (residents)

SUNDAY NIGHT special: Mick H, Arthur, Cliff Steele, Kitch

BAR sessions Dj's line-up

Alfredo Maddaloni , Henning Borm , Miss Monica , Marco Paci , Joerg Brenner

plus other guests..

Any info you might need just pm,

txs

Cristian.

Ps.

for who are going to come to the weekender but have not book the flight yet,

there is availability to Bologna or Ancona airport surely ,once you get there, to reach Rimini by train it takes circa One And A Half Hour ,

while to Rimini airport it's hard now ...

Hey Cristian,

It was good to see you at Cleethorpes last month.

I do hope that you have a FANTASTIC Weekender (10th Anniversary) WOW !! and we hope to be over one day !!

All the Best

Dave & Donna

Guest northernmod

had a blast of a time in Rimini, still feel a bit knackered now....some brilliant choons from all the DJs, but the last set by Arthur Fenn saturday night was cuttin' edge for me...quality & rare stuff + sunrise on the beach while you dance the darkness away = FAB! :hatsoff2:

Yann V. and the german guy were great too, and the night had the bonus of Mick H doubledecking with Cliff Steele :thumbsup:

Last but not least: Barbara Grassi filled the floor giving the start to "proper" dancefloor action, and Francesco played a great late night spot of midtempos that I truely enjoyed! (mind you, we have some TOP djs in Italy eh? :yes::yes: )

Thanks to all the people involved, Cristian, Simone etc.etc. and roll on the 11th edition!!!!

Any chance of any playlists guys? Not being up on the 'rare' side of the scene it would be great to put some titles to some of the great tunes I heard.

Blake

Playlists will be posted soon...... :yes:

J.D. and Eddie "She's giving me love" Pico

Troy Dodds "Try my Love" El Camino

Paul Sindab "i was a fool" Knox

Louis Jordan "Workink Man" Tangerine

Tippie & Clovers "Bossa nova baby" Odeon (peru press)

Bobby Hebb "Evil Women" Crystall Ball

Swan Silvertones "If You believe your god is dead" Hob records

Explosive Dynamiks "Whole Lotta love" Lemco

Mel Williams Darling Don't

Big J.D. Wright "Now She Wants To Leave" Pico

Lee Shot Williams "It ain't me no more" U.A.

Clay Brown "Walk with a Groove" Florentine

Walter Butterball Davis "Girl stop beggining" La Cade

Don and Debbie "Can be happy" Amos

Frederick Hymes III "Time ain't gonna do me no favour" Fab Vegas

Sharon Jones (Kenny Dope rmx) Keep on looking

Aloe Blacc i need a dollar

Wess Funky Nassau

The Mohawks The Champ

Jack and The Mods Kick

T.s.u Tornadoes Got to get Through to you

Sage i'm alive

Alan Shelly Party freaks

Duane Yates Passin on by

Clarence Hill Lot of lovin going around

Charles Johnson you made a mistake

Camille Howard Shirking up fast

Ivory Joe Hunter i got to learn to do the mambo

Steve Alaimo i don't know why

Lito Barrientos Cumbia en do menor

Enrique Salas gio

Jimmy Sabater Times are changin

Joe Bataan what good is castle

some that are in the top of my head.....i'll complete it when i'm back at home....however here for sure mainly 45 list of what i've spun during the afternoon session in double decking with henning Borm....and in the warm up on saturday night in the main room....

here a link of my last podcast posted on the forum hope that could be useful

Edited by Alfie79

Can't be almost a week on from the Rimini weekend can it ?. Well once again Simone & Christian gave us all just the best time with their usual understated welcome/aproach to the event. It was great to see lots of old friends who made the return and this helped make it probably the best one yet. Musicly spot on & so varied in genre's that was provided by young European & old UK dj's who played from the heart :thumbup: . It would be almost impossible to list all the 45's i played other than to say it was i guess an eclectic mix of my personal favourite sounds ( i know i'm a selfish git :yes: ). Crazy moments would include playing an hr & a half with my 2 buddies Cliff & Mick and from this day we are known as the Gentlemen 3 :lol: and of course you had to be there to appreciate what Karen was doing with that straw!, Love to all attendees you know who you are :shhh: , Arthur.

Sorry to say this but I feel this event is now just a soiree in the sun for A-list friends, the party I travelled with were made to feel as welcome as farts in spacesuits. One of our party has attended 9 out of the ten events and didn't even get a 'hello, nice to see you, thanks for coming' so much for meet + greet and thanks for his support.

It came to our attention that a comment was made that the Brits 'just sit there and get pissed', and the problem is? We incorporate this event into a week of our annual holiday (5 years out of ten for me) I'm 55 years old and live in a democratic society, If I want a drink (s) I'll damn well have one.

I didn't realise the soul police had such draconian powers. This power apparentlly extends to who can and cannot be photographed as a friend was taking some photos and was told he couldn't take one of the A-listers settee, to say he was livid is an understatement.

On a positve note the music (surely more important reason for going) was fine but oneupmanship rather than floor reaction seemed more important, We could not fail to compare the 'something for everyone' policy of previous Rimini's, (I remember listening to two hours of R+B but acknowleging its popularity at a past event, knowing that it would be followed later by a modern/crossover DJ ) to how it has evolved, this is backed up by comments from previous attendees who no longer come, why?

This reply is of course my opinion which as a paying punter I feel I am entitled to.

Love to all the beer swilling Brits (you know who you are) and a special thanks to the owner of the Rose +Crown ('that horrible Brit pub') who took time out of his busy day to pick seven of us up from the airport at no charge and the staff who remembered us and greeted us as old friends, what a contrast!

Blake Helliwell

I want to say a big thanks to Simone and Cristian for their time and effort to put this wonderful event on the map. 10 years now! Congrats guys, well done!! and this one was really special. Musically it was 100% up my street, great mixture of tunes and the sunday evening triple decking by Arthur, Mick & Cliff was the icing on the cake. Great to meet some old friends and make many new ones. That's what it's all about!

Fantastic weekend, thanks again!

Lars

Edited by docfish
  • Helpful 1

Oh, and I'm really tempted to write something about my previous poster's opinion, but reading his post again, just makes me feel a bit sad. If the paying punter doesn't get a warm handshake, where is this world going to? I guess a british pub in Italy is just a much more human place then the cruel, almost antisocial, attitude of an international soul-weekender. :wicked:

• Helpful 2

as a fledgling to rimini weekenders,a big thanks to all the promoters for putting on ,for me, the best out of the last 3 weekenders i've been to......

fantastic mix of tunes ranging from barbara grassi's (italy's own jumpin joan!!)solid "northern/crossover " sets which really kicked one of the nites into gear , lars's innovative hard driving sets which whilst not all to my personal taste really opened my ears to how the soul scene is progressing and diversifing in europe ....hats off!!!...(actually realised a lot of the new tunes that i liked and wrote down came from one of his sets!!!! ), francesco magnanini's sublime crossover sets...for me the pick of the weekend yann vatiste sets (who's djing i'd only heard for the first time) were absolutely spot on for me encompassing the best in niter sounds......great stuff fella!!!...and "the gentlemen 3" !!!!??...arthur , cliff and mick h who's tastes in soul music are second to none!!..and not forgetting the residents who's standard of tunes were up there with the rest

special mention for mick h's and cliffs double decking at the start of the sunday session playing some quality slowies which felt like i was getting a personal audiance with their record collections and got me drooling and slithering around the dance floor...loved it !!...BIG THANKS!!! ..

for the afternoon session i caught ...nice one "gualione" alfredo for big j d wright,clay brown and walter butterball davis!! and the big guy selling the t shirts who took all the bartering and teasing in good spirit !!

as someone who pretty much keeps to myself at niters i really didn't mind that i wasn't given a handshake welcome from the promoters as i'm sure they had their hands full running the event....but certainly found the dancefloor and atmosphere warm and welcoming with plenty of smiling faces!!!

perhaps we should be shaking their hands at the end of the weekend for putting on a great event!!!

about the "one upmanship" comment?????... i for one hope djs express themselves with their taste of music and look for something different and surprising in their sets....and rimini in my 3 visits has always delivered that in their dj choices!!!

...but absolutely agree a punter should be able to enjoy the nite however he sees fit....i chose the "dance myself sober and sleep on the beach till midday" option!!!

went to "rose n crown" on monday with me mate garry churm( and after lots of rearranging of furniture) met some great folk from uk whilst "croaking kev" held court at the head table...and hats off to it's owners for picking folk from airport at no cost...a brucee bonus!!!

see you all there next year i hope !!!

one of the happy campers!

franc giacobbe

Edited by cobbles
  • Helpful 1

Glad this has been going for ten years now, when I went really enjoyed it and was hoping to get there this year, but events conspired......but anyway well done.....hope to get there next year (and finish my family history research in Parma too!).

Blake, sorry you didn't have such a good time this year, and I know you've always supported this venue, don't know what went wrong for you this time, but hope you enjoy it more next time - sometimes we leave a venue with a lower expectation than we'd hoped for but then next time it is better again.....:thumbsup: I've often felt this way about venues I attend regularly....ATB Steve

Here's what i played during the afternoon sessions and at the saturday warm up doubledecking with my very good friend alfredo maddaloni:

Bob & Gebe - I really really love you

alfred o - do what you wanna do

New Holidays - maybe so, maybe no

deep heat - do it again

lovations - later baby

doc oliver - going thru a change of love

harmonics - be your man

bobby hill - tell me you love me

james knight & the butlers - there goes my baby

vikki styles- tears won't stop falling

jackey beavers show - we're not too young

royale VII - it's an expolsion

john tucker & mighty invaders - you're one hell of a girl

-"- - i like to party

felix harris - walkin' in the night

kelly & soul explosions - talkin' about my baby's love

oliver christian - dissatisfied man

jerry washingon - don't waste my time

charlene & soul serenaders- can you win

holy disciples - trying to make a hundred

delreys incorporated - destination unknown

rising sun - one night affair

charles simmons - save the world

bobby o'brown - searching for my baby

pinkertones - it's not the way you walk

changing scene - when the city sleeps

cliffhangers - since you've gone away

betty wilson & 4 bars - i'm yours

carpets - i just can't win

jades - lucky fellow

sensations - demanding man

moments - baby i want you

inspirations - your wish is my command

four dudes - hurt took the high road

chantlers - in the beginning

little soul - problems

little soul - lonely stranger

pee wee, shuck n huey - beside myself

soul set - will you ever learn

tiaras - lost girl

joe bataan - i'm satisfied

louis paul - change would do you good

bo shiloh - you gonna lose

baby neal - lorraine

ronnie west - lil' woman

emmit long - call me

dewey jeffries - when no one card

les mack & impacts - so blue

mighty chevelles - jumpin' with music

russel cohen - i'm gonna leave you

etoy bogart - this maybe the last time

(old) impressions - right on

pazazz - so hard to find

parrish - your smile

william bostic - what you do to me

klas- let's make love tonight

puuuh, and maybe a few more.....

Edited by Guest

The 3rd of the 10 Rimini's that we've been to, and have to say this was the the best of the 3. Such a great, friendly crowd, atmosphere and vibe, layered on top of some of the best music the current rare soul scene has to offer. Fantastic sets from all of the DJs playing across all styles, genres, and years with the empahsis being on quality rare 60's and 70's dance floor soul...what more would you want ?! :thumbsup:

Simone and Cristian keep on doing what you're doing... :thumbup:

Highlights other than the great music were Mick H's Riverdance, Karen's Lemoncello session with the ensuing novelty glass holder tricks, the indoor wrestling with Mick H in the blue corner and Maria in the very red corner, Natalie's table dive, and Steve's 'Puppet' disappearing tricks, and complete lack of direction. :lol:

Can't wait for more of the same next year..... the standard has been re-set ! :yes:

post-4443-0-11502200-1311527316_thumb.jp

That's what I call a warm and friendly atmosphere! :thumbsup:

(Rimini, sunday night.. well, monday early morning...)

Edited by Guest

Ok, my five penny worth of thoughts concerning Blake´s post: It always depends on the personal kind of taking on international weekenders.

As I didn´t have a chance to form a "german corner" with only 2 other germans attending I enjoyed the friendly mix of italians, brits, swiss and french attending.

Nobody made me even feel slightly uncomfy and for sure I was one of the guys most pissed on saturday morning after a hard working week with not much sleep and lots of Wodka- Red Bull to keep me awake :D

Went home after my 2nd time in Rimini with a lot of good feelings and quite a few new friends...

So for a better weekend experience next time just try changing your afternoon session table for a chat or two and you´ll see, that people will start recognizing you as you recognize them :thumbsup:

Ops, forgot to post my playlist... :)

Friday Set

The Jokers – Soul Sound

The Ambassadors – Too Young For Me

Andrea Henry – I Need You Like A Baby

Tobi Lark – Sweep It Out In The Shed

The Sparkels – Try Love (One More Time)

September Jones – I’m Coming Home

Shane Martin – I Need You

Beverly Ann – You’ve Got Your Mind On Other Things

Betty Lloyd – I’m Catching On

Lorraine Chandler – I Can’t Change

Linda Jones – I Just Can’t Live My Life

Sunday - Ain't Got No Problems

Rozetta Johnson – Mine Was Real

Celest Hardie – You’re Gone

T.J. Williams And Two Shades Of Soul – Baby, I Need You

Saturday Set

The Constellations – I Don’t Know About You

The Natural Four – I Thought You Were Mine

El Anthony – We’ve Been In Love Too Long

Delegates of Soul - I`ll Come Running Back

The Hamilton Movement – She’s Gone

The Montclairs – Hey You! Don’t Fight It

Houston Outlaws - Ain't No Telling

The Voice Masters - If A Woman Catches A Fool

Sebastian Williams - Get Your Point Over

Sandra Wright – Midnight Affair

Basic Black And Pearl – There’ll Come A Time There’ll Come A Day

Hodges, James, Smith & Crawford - I'm In Love

Marcia Hines –You Gotta Let Go

Patterson Twins - I Need Your Love

Wee – Try Me

Sunday Set

Idris Muhammad – I’m A Believer

Tsu Toronados – Please Heart Don’t Break

Mandrill – Too Late

The Electrifying Cashmeres – What Does It Take (To Win Your Love)

James Phelps – The Look On Your Face

Corey Blake - How Can I Go On Without You

Brown Sugar – The Game Is Over

Essex IV – My Heart Just Cant’ Take It

Mark IV – Signs Of A Dying Love

Guitar Ray – You’re Gonna Wreck My Life

Jimmie Ellis – Happy To Be

Eugene Record – Overdose Of Joy

Bessie Banks – Don’t You Worry Baby The Best Is Yet To Come

It was the 9th Year and the 10th Rimini Weekender (coz the first one was in year zero 2002 :thumbsup: ) - and it was definitely one of my favourites, especially musically.

I don't seem to have the same energy these days but watched others throwing themselves into the spirit of Rimini and onto that floor - I didn't even know some of these guys could dance until Barbara fired them up! The mix of music from the Italian DJ's and from a few other nations of soul, was for me the blend of music I look forward to. The daytime sessions mixed it up even more, coupled with complimentary finger food and good conversation.

Maybe not to everyone's tastes (but which venue is?), yet we do love this weekender - as do the growing number from Europe returning to the Gotha Club for the annual mid July Rrrrrrrrrrimini experience, hosted by a delicious slice of the Italian soul scene. Only downside was Cristina missing out this year and we hope to see her back in 2012.

Many thanks to Cristian and Simone for organising 3 daytime bar sessions and 3 niters and still up dancing at the end :thumbup: . Even Sunday night which was due to finish at 3am, went to 5am because people were enjoying the party so much ....and maybe also because MickH wouldn't stop talking on the mic (puppet!).

We were so excited getting off the plane and hopping the taxi upon arrival, but then all quiet and sad eating our last gelato a few days later, because we wanted to stay longer. I can't wait for the 11th Rimini Weekender next year ...and to raise our limoncello filled shot glasses to yet another memorable great time.

Cheers,

m

• Helpful 1

Ops, forgot to post my playlist... :)

Friday Set

The Jokers – Soul Sound

The Ambassadors – Too Young For Me

Andrea Henry – I Need You Like A Baby

Tobi Lark – Sweep It Out In The Shed

The Sparkels – Try Love (One More Time)

September Jones – I’m Coming Home

Shane Martin – I Need You

Beverly Ann – You’ve Got Your Mind On Other Things

Betty Lloyd – I’m Catching On

Lorraine Chandler – I Can’t Change

Linda Jones – I Just Can’t Live My Life

Sunday - Ain't Got No Problems

Rozetta Johnson – Mine Was Real

Celest Hardie – You’re Gone

T.J. Williams And Two Shades Of Soul – Baby, I Need You

Saturday Set

The Constellations – I Don’t Know About You

The Natural Four – I Thought You Were Mine

El Anthony – We’ve Been In Love Too Long

Delegates of Soul - I`ll Come Running Back

The Hamilton Movement – She’s Gone

The Montclairs – Hey You! Don’t Fight It

Houston Outlaws - Ain't No Telling

The Voice Masters - If A Woman Catches A Fool

Sebastian Williams - Get Your Point Over

Sandra Wright – Midnight Affair

Basic Black And Pearl – There’ll Come A Time There’ll Come A Day

Hodges, James, Smith & Crawford - I'm In Love

Marcia Hines –You Gotta Let Go

Patterson Twins - I Need Your Love

Wee – Try Me

Sunday Set

Idris Muhammad – I’m A Believer

Tsu Toronados – Please Heart Don’t Break

Mandrill – Too Late

The Electrifying Cashmeres – What Does It Take (To Win Your Love)

James Phelps – The Look On Your Face

Corey Blake - How Can I Go On Without You

Brown Sugar – The Game Is Over

Essex IV – My Heart Just Cant’ Take It

Mark IV – Signs Of A Dying Love

Guitar Ray – You’re Gonna Wreck My Life

Jimmie Ellis – Happy To Be

Eugene Record – Overdose Of Joy

Bessie Banks – Don’t You Worry Baby The Best Is Yet To Come

Nice stuff.. :thumbsup:

Just to make things crystal clear Blake, the heavy drinking comments didn't come from any of the organisers it was from a brit who's never been and an another guy with an identity crisis. The mere suggestion that the Italian guys are cold is so far off the the mark and is not worthy of any futher comment!. On the music side i find the 40min sets work just fine as it allows many styles to be aired and yes the modern/garage side has gone but i guess thats why its called a Rare Soul weekend. The "A" list jibe is a weak spat and has no substance , i actualy find that remark offensive . Ok all that out of the way, lets look forward to many more warm soulful nights in Rimini :yes: , Arthur.

Edited by Arthur Fenn
  • Helpful 3
Guest karen b

Pete and I have attended ALL ten weekenders now, :yes:

Great Music, Great Friends, Great Food (apart from a 'dodgy yogurt' Pete ate!!! :( )

Fantastic mix of DJs of various nationalities all of whom bought something special to a very special weekend :thumbup:

Thank you sooooooooo much Simone, (Lucia x) Christian and Christina in spirit, :hatsoff2:

Big love to all, see you next year, :wave:

Karen (and Pete) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Must revisit as the music seems to have come back to what I like to hear. Sounds like you all had a great time and I'm envious!.

for sure like you've noticed....i've spin mainly 60's and rnb during my afternoon spot....hope to see you next year Melady!

Guest peter burke

Herebelow the link to some nice pics taken by our Swiss friend Fu ....

https://gallery.smart...18186582_KNk6bx

Great photos as always from Fu.

Love the one of a ghostly Yann Vatiste behind the decks.

A fantastic weekend spent with good friends from across Europe, oh and an OZ Bird :wink:

My only regret is not spending more time socialising with the organisers and "local" travellers but we tend to forget that we are on "a soulful holiday" and they have been/will be working up to/after the event.

Shame Fu's photos, particularly full dance floor shots, don't give time taken as evidence of how busy the place was right through.

A busy dance floor at dawn as the sun rises over the sea is still a bit magic.

Pete

PS Sorry Blake but don't agree with your lookback, will leave it at that. Enjoy Bilbao.