Guest charnley

• Replies 14
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

it was indeed a very busy night. some fine DJ's graced the decks with dancers at it from the moment the doors opened. sadly Debbie was poorly so i went alone for a couple of hours.

Tommo's face when he saw friends from years ago was to behold..... they came in their dozens to give him a damned good send off.

it was indeed a very busy night. some fine DJ's graced the decks with dancers at it from the moment the doors opened. sadly Debbie was poorly so i went alone for a couple of hours.

Tommo's face when he saw friends from years ago was to behold..... they came in their dozens to give him a damned good send off.

hatsoff2.giffantastic night and a great send off from so many of tommo,s friends, music dancing and warm welcome second to none , even managed a lil dance for which i am suffering now , good luck tommo and hope you enjoyed your night

regards and best wishes from mickey thumbsup.gif

well that has got to be one of the best nights i enjoyed for ages,when your not running your own venue,you call go all out not a care in the world,well worth the visit,if it was,nt for tommo i probaly have stayed in after new year,its been a long time since dancers got together and hammered to dance floor ,thanks to the djs who kept the floor very busy all night,the night was electric,tommo you dont realise how many friends you have,and there the one,s who could make it :thumbsup: ,we,ll make the most of you still being here,so see you at kingsway friday,nice to see and dance with the dancers from the alferton days,curly,steve,debbie,andy ,tracy not forgetting tommo......memories,well done promotors,ktf,carl..............:thumbsup: ps now its time to rest my back,knees,legs,neck,etc,etc...lol

BLOODY GREAT NIGHT

Where else could you have seen probably the best northern soul dance champions of past present and future, all under one roof?I felt honoured to have been part of wonderful occasion.

yo squidwort! you will be missed by all your mates keep the fluff pal Respect ... Brent

/

Edited by brent

what a superb night ! .... in people, music and venue :D .... people from all over the place, EMSC in force , with the Yorkshire lads n' lasses...the Birmingham crew, lancashire posse .... local people from the Palais days , Alfreton.. etc etc ... to not only see the send off for "Tommo" ... but the start of a great new night too in Notts :lol: ...

the music from the dj's on the night was awsome and you could hardly get on the floor at times (John Poole, Glynn sissons, Mick H, Dave Tidswell, Brent howarth ..what a main room lineup ! ) .. upstairs the sounds were at a contrast to the downstairs main room .. It looked well busy up there too !.... the bar away from the dancefloor gives chance to talk at normal voice level and is always a plus for me..(the bar staff were a bit caught on the hop lol :lol: )

all in all a brilliant night for me n' susan ... tainted only by the thought of one of our best friends not going to be around these parts much longer, Tommo , you will be so , so, very missed mate, your smile and fun will only serve to brighten those sunny days in OZ .... they are so lucky to have such a lovely bloke about to join their "soulfamily" ... we still got a few more nights to bash the dancefloor though :thumbsup: see yer at weekend Tommo ..

KTF pete n' susan xx

post-7477-0-07845000-1294044037_thumb.jp

Edited by casper

WHAT A TRULEY FANTASTIC WAY TO FINISH 2010,AFTER BRINGING IN THE NEW YEAR AT KINGSWAY HALL

THE OLD BODY WAS FEELING THE STRAIN,BUT WAS WORTH THE DOULBLE EPIC,

NICE TO KNOW NOTTS SOUL IS GOING FROM STRENTH TO STRENTH,WELL DONE TO TOMMO,JOHN,GLYNN,& MICK ON YOUR LAUNCH OF YOUR NEW SOUL NIGHT,AND LOOK FORWARD TO MORE SOULFUL SESSIONS AT BEESTON

ALSO NICE TO SEE ROB THOMAS IN ATTENDANCE,& THE ST .IVES POSSI

ALL THE BEST FOR 2011

MICK H

Guest John Poole

Wow what a great night

Both Glyn and myself would like to thank the DJs on the night, Dave Tidswell, Mick Boyle and our 2 guests Mick H and Brent for providing the quality tunes

but most of all thanks to all the people who turned up to both suuport our first night and to say farewell to our good mate Tommo

There are a few tweaks needed especially for the Soul Vault in terms of temprature and lighting but the quality of music played in the room helped to compensate for these

There was around 300 all in all and the atmosphere was terrific and it was great to see friends old and new many of which had travelled a good distance to be there

There were many highlights on the night but the display of dancing at around 11.30 would have to take some beating.

The main room was rocking from the start of the night right up till the lights went on.

The feedback both on the night and the kind comments on this thread are very appreciated

Once again a sincere thank you for your support and hopefully look forward to seeing you on the 1st Sat in February when we will have Sean Chapman to entertain us

Hope to place playlists later and hope Mick H and the others will do too.

PS

Whoever took the video of the dancing can you let me know if I can get a copy

Wow what a great night

Both Glyn and myself would like to thank the DJs on the night, Dave Tidswell, Mick Boyle and our 2 guests Mick H and Brent for providing the quality tunes

but most of all thanks to all the people who turned up to both suuport our first night and to say farewell to our good mate Tommo

There are a few tweaks needed especially for the Soul Vault in terms of temprature and lighting but the quality of music played in the room helped to compensate for these

There was around 300 all in all and the atmosphere was terrific and it was great to see friends old and new many of which had travelled a good distance to be there

There were many highlights on the night but the display of dancing at around 11.30 would have to take some beating.

The main room was rocking from the start of the night right up till the lights went on.

The feedback both on the night and the kind comments on this thread are very appreciated

Once again a sincere thank you for your support and hopefully look forward to seeing you on the 1st Sat in February when we will have Sean Chapman to entertain us

Hope to place playlists later and hope Mick H and the others will do too.

PS

Whoever took the video of the dancing can you let me know if I can get a copy

AUP JOHN,THAT WILL BE ANDY AND TRACEY,THEY HAVE THE VIDEO CAMERA,KTF,CARL.............:hatsoff2:

Guest Northern PhanTom

Hi Tommo, Long long long time no see, wanted to come up and wish you well for the future in person but both me and and my other half have been laid up with the flu bug thats going around.

Would of been great to catch up and see some faces from the past, trust it all went well. All the best.

Regards

Tom (Ex Sherwood Posse)

PS are you doing a CHARLIES BARN revival aswell before you go?

Guest soul over easy

thankyou to eveyone who came to the launch of the nottingham soul club and to bid me farewell,i will never forget it friends from yorkshire,lancashire, west mids,east mids and down south,even some real old nottingham soulies turned out amazing!!! i was in total shock and for once was speechless on the night. Music was spot on with one or two forgotton oldies getting a spin wich we promised to deliver, for me to dance with all my close friends was very emotional and looking at the fotos puts a lump in my throat. Thanx to dave tiddswell,glynn sissons,john poole.mick h,mickey dancing dog boyle and brent howerth for getting the music bang on ! the atmosphere was electric !!!! hope my friends will make the effort and come to visit me and julie down under .... ktf and remember nottingham soul club is the place too be if you want too hear one or two forgotton oldies .

What a night

First off A big thanks to John and Glynn for putting on a great leaving bash for pipe playing tiling grouting Tommo two shoes.

I dont think I have seen a dance floor fill up that quick since the 70s (well done Dave)

Lets not forget that this is a new monthly event and not a one off as one couple thought.

I spent all my time in the alternative room, with the help of John Poole and Mick H finishing of the last hour and a half.

As mentioned previously there are a few small changes required with the room but there all in hand

Pleased to see the room well supported and record sales did OK

Hopefuly there was somthing played to suite everyone (see events playlist)

Next guest DJ is Sean Chapman 05/02/11

Mick Boyle

WELL WHAT CAN I SAY

I KNEW WE WOULD SEE LOADS OF FRIENDS FROM THE OLD DAYS ON THE NOTTS SOUL SCENE AND I WASN'T WRONG ,WHAT A SHOCK THOUGH AS WE ENTERED THE MAIN ROOM ,WE THOUGHT WE'D WALKED ON TO THE SET OF SOULBOY 2 .THE AMOUNT OF BAGGY TROUSERS AND VESTS ETC WAS FRIGHTENING,

ENOUGH OF THAT EACH TO THIER OWN ,ON WITH THE NIGHT AS WE ENTERED WE WERE MET BY MY OLD MUCKERS TOMMO , GLYNN SISSONS AND JOHN POOLE , THEN WE SAW LOADS OF OTHER'S I AIN'T SEEN FOR A FEW YEARS, SINCE I MOVED TO HUNTINGDON

.DAVE TIDSWELL WAS PLAYING SOME CLASSIC'S TO A PACKED FLOOR TOMMO WHO IVE KNOWN SINCE MY SENIOR SCHOOL DAYS WAS SPEECHLESS FOR THE FIRST TIME IN HIS LIFE ,AS TIME PASSED MORE FRIENDS FROM ALL OVER OLD AND NEW ARRIVED AT 9 .15 WE VENTURED TO THE SOUL VAULT OR RARE AND UNDERPLAYED TO YOU OLDIES FANS, THIS ROOM IS MY CUP OF TEA FRESH SOUNDS IS WHAT THE SCENES ABOUT FOR ME ALWAYS HAS BEEN AND ALWAYS WILL BE , MICK BOYLE PLAYING A GREAT SET TO START THE PROCEEDINGS IN THIER WE VENTURED DOWN TO THE MAIN ROOM FOR MICK.H'S SET QUALITY OLDIES AS WAS THE PREVIOUS SETS FROM JOHN POOLE AND GLYN SISSONS . WE THEN WENT BACK TO THE SOUL VAULT FOR MORE QUALITY FRESH TUNES FOR MICK .H . I MISSED THE DANCE OFF WITH TOMMO AND FRIENDS AS THE MUSIC IN THE VAULT WAS TO GOOD TO MISS AND TOMMO KNOWS IT AINT MY THING . ALL IN ALL A GREAT START TO A MUCH NEEDED VENUE IN NOTTS CANT WAIT FOR FEBRUARY WITH ONE OF WALES'S TOP SON'S SEAN ( LET'S BE AVIN' YA ) CHAPMAN TILL THEN BE COOL :thumbsup::lol: :lol:

Source Advert