2011-03-19: **samanthas All-Nighter, Sheffield

**SAMANTHAS ALL-NIGHTER, SHEFFIELD.

Sat 19 March 2011

9pm till 6am

-------------------------------------------------

Another night of pure fun and soul with DJs spinning at the legendary Samanthas with a recent refurb this is set to be a belter of a night.

Entry just £10 on the Door

Main Room playing Samanthas memories and class oldies

Rob Smith

Dave Rimmer

Rob Wicks

Anton Ludwig

Tony B

Kev Glaves

Paul Littlewood

Room Two Playing up-front 60s and Freestyling

10 -11 Linda Kay (Sheffield)

11-12 Anton Ludwig (Kent)

12-1 Ed B (Manchester)

1-2 Charles Watson (Scotland)

2-3 Harpo (Wolverhampton)

3-4 Ian Jones (Bedford)

Visit this Event in Soul Source Events Guide for venue maps, street views,road and rail directions and more

Edited by Anton L
  • 2 months later...
  • Replies 36
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Looking forward to this one, been sorting out a playbox in anticipation, after unfortunatley not beeing able to get to the December one, when i was booked, due to all that snow, got some nice new aquisitions to give a spin to, in the little room.

See you there .... Harpo

Edited by harpo1

Not sure of times in the main room but the rough order is the same as written. I think Tony will put them up later.

Main Room playing Samanthas memories and class oldies

Tony B

Kev Glaves

Paul Littlewood

Dave Rimmer

Rob Wicks

Anton Ludwig

Rob Smith

Room Two Playing up-front 60s and Freestyling

10 -11 Linda Kay (Sheffield)

11-12 Anton Ludwig (Kent)

12-1 Ed B (Manchester)

1-2 Charles Watson (Scotland)

2-3 Harpo (Wolverhampton)

3-4 Ian Jones (Bedford)

Mark, are you comming up to Alex's house early doors?

Guest aaz19tdi

But can I play with your tits

Rumour has it you like ball bags better :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Have a good one mate cant be there this time got one of those soul nights thats worth going home early on that we like :D :D dont talk to much b..lox all night will yer :wicked: .

Guest aaz19tdi

As long as it dangles!! have good one

Cheers for the t shirt fits perfect, reckon you been eye in me up on our nights out :thumbsup::D :D :wicked::wave:

see you soon bro.:thumbsup:

Guest A WAY OF LIFE NS

:thumbsup::lol: Looking forward to tonight tony missed last f one but always enjoy the sammys nighters so i see ya later mate

KTF.........

Lots of thanks to hand out. from last night

To Mark Freeman, and co-pilot Ian James, who took us , thanks for the lift and the company, two of the scenes true gents.

Terry and Alex for your hospitality afterwards,

Spent the night with lotsa great mates, with old mates Stigga and Sid, plus everyone from the n.w Shazz n Steve Jimmy etc.... and s.e. Anton Nikki n co. to many to mention here, luy ya!!

Pleasure to play alongside the little room dj.s...Eddie and Charles, and Ian etc...

musical highlights Moses Smith....Keep on strivin', J Butler....Stop steppin etc.....Continental 4...Wales Wallace....Sandra Phillips....Winstons....Innersection....Oscar Perry.....Ivorys.....Inpirations spring to mind right now

Put the world to rights with Davy Bell Eddie, Dave Rimmer, chatted about past discressions and adventures with good mates.....very enjoyable.

A brilliant turn out from the traveling soul fans, all a pleasure to be around. Thanks for all good wishes and great laughs had through the night. Heard some gems of tunes through the night. and worth every mile of road works, speed restrictions and extortionate priced fuel !! I always have great nights at Samantha's. bit of a shame that a few more local soul fans didn't show. All travelers seemed to have good time. Tony B your hard work sent us home smiling as always, thank you.

Guest markoneill

Thanks for a nice few hours, First time in nearly 30 years at a nighter.

Lasted till around 2.30 because of other commitments today, and many thanks to I think it was Dave ( sorry if I got your name wrong ) for having the time to chat about the records.

Did'nt meen to bombard you with questions but I suppose it was a little strange after such a long time.

Some special music played and the young lad struting his stuff reminded me of how enthusiastic I was 30 odd years ago at his age. Lovely to see how many people still get out and that the younger generation are following on to make sure this great music lasts forever.

Edited by markoneill
Guest sandi

If l'm honest, l was'nt really overly enthusiastic about going lastnight, not because l don't enjoy this venue because l do, just felt too tired after working all day and the thought of getting ready filled me with dread........us women are a undecisive breed when it comes to what to wear, applying the old slap, arranging our hair into some sort of fashion that looks half decent ( in our opinions ), even though the old man assures us we look fantastic :no:. I knew it meant a lot to Paul (Harpo) because he was booked to do a DJ spot, so after soaking my sore feet and giving them a good old massage l made my way upstairs to get ready.

Arrangements had also been made with Mark Freeman to give us a lift, so knowing that l was the only fly in the ointment, l stopped feeling sorry for myself and just got on with it.....and l'm glad l did because it turned out to be one of the best nights of the new year for me, not forgetting to mention also for all of my favorite people, venue's are made so much more enjoyable when the crowd is right.

Samantha's is a two room venue, and usually l do wander from one room and back to the other during the course of the night, but not last night, if l was'nt outside fagging it and verballing my poor mate's ( and yes some people who l'd never met before), l was in the small room enjoying the top quality music that was coming out of the speakers.

We did'nt get to Sams until about 11.45 ish, by that time l think 2 DJ's had already been on and we were told they had done excellent spots, Anton was into his set when l entered the room, and l can honestly say it was the best set l'd ever heard him play, He played a record l did'nt recognise,yet l thought it was pretty fantastic , l went to find out what it was , Anton claimed it was an old Stafford record, l went to most Stafford Niters yet l could'nt place it, so now thanks to Anton l'm on a mission to obtain a copy - Virgil Murray's Tomorrows Yesterday- "I Still Care" .

Eddy B followed Anton, and he also delivered the goods, Harpo being next after him, he has put his play list on the forum, but just to mention some that l love - JJ Barns "Chains Of love", Fantastic Four "Pinpoint It Down", ******* Top star rated Al Hudson & The Soul Partners "When You're Gone", Cornelius Brothers & Sister Rose "Big Time Lover", Sensations "Lonely World" and Darrow Fletcher "What Good Am I Without You".

Ian James to finish a night of what l can only describe as "Musical Perfection".....IMHO. He played a Oscar Perry release on silver Mercury, that both Paul (Harpo) nor l had heard before.... l suppose that one also will be added to our collection....we will never be rich :lol:.

Many thanks to all who made this night one to remember, the promoters, DJ's, and mainly the people in attendance showing their respect and appreciation by getting up and dancing their feet off.

A special thankyou to Mark Freeman for his kindness of getting us there and back safely, also to Ian, for his terrible navigation skills, but very skillful entertaining banter.

And last but not least thanks to Alex and Terry for their hospitallity.

WHAT A GREAT NIGHT, CAN'T WAIT TO DO IT ALL AGAIN.

Sandi x :lol:

WOW ! WHAT A FANTASTIC NIGHT IT WAS AT SAMANTHA`S THE MUSIC IN THE MAIN ROOM WAS BRILLIANT DAVE RIMMER DID A GREAT SPOT I NEVER STOPPED DANCING. CAN`T WAIT FOR THE NEXT ONE ..... IN THE SECOND ROOM ALL THE DJ`S DID FANTASTIC SPOTS SOME QUALITY TUNES PLAYED .... IT WAS ALSO NICE TO CATCH UP WITH OLD FRIENDS ANTON AND NIKKI, TERRY AND ALEX HARPO AND SANDI AND MANY MORE AND A BIG THANK YOU FOR THE KIND HOSPITALITY AT TERRY`S AND ALEX`S :lol:

Source Advert