2011-02-04: Skegness Butlins Soul & Motown Weekend

Guest dazzzzler

ONLY 5 DAYS TO GO.....................................................ARE YOU READY ????????????

Dave & Donna x

yes dave we r ready .luv this one gives us a chance to chill out, got a couple of outfits to try out.:D

• Replies 89
  • Views 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi there,

Hope this goes ok as its my first ever go at this,

Have heard that Ben E King is playing at Lincoln on Friday the 4th, as part of a National tour,

i was just wondering if The People behind the weekend had a little surprise in store for us on Sat night or would that just be wishfull thinking.

fingers crossed

Andy A

Hi there,

Hope this goes ok as its my first ever go at this,

Have heard that Ben E King is playing at Lincoln on Friday the 4th, as part of a National tour,

i was just wondering if The People behind the weekend had a little surprise in store for us on Sat night or would that just be wishfull thinking.

fingers crossed

Andy A

Andy,

Sorry to say but an appearance from the GREAT Ben E King at this year's Butlins Weekender is not on the cards, as far as l know...

Regards

Dave

Guest hurryup

yes dave we r ready .luv this one gives us a chance to chill out, got a couple of outfits to try out.:D

Yes, dazzzzler has one or two slight amendments to his outfits :lol: - he'll get there in the end :yes:

Hope there's not too many of the 'elite soulies' going, they'll have a dicky-fit at all the handbaggers :lol:

So if you've not been before - this is a FUN weekender, something for everyone, ENJOY :g:

Really getting giddy now :rolleyes:

Looking forward to another great weekend in Skeggy

One of the most relaxed of the weekenders on the circuit

Too right John, always a fantastic weekend , loads going on , like you say very relaxed , fantastic atmosphere, ive been for the last 6 years , value for money or what :lol: only £82.00 each half board, crazy horse the best venue , love it ,see you sat :lol:

Hello Mr R :lol:

Don`t know about the miserable Thomas but i know for a fact me & the funny one will be there :lol::lol::lol::D

Julie xx

:lol::P :P:lol: save a couple of seats for the little people Julie ... preferably on the edge of the dance floor :):D x

Visa versa if your there before us :lol:

See you two very soon :(

We have a very Special person with us on Saturday thumbsup.gif

Julie xxx

Oooooooooher give us a clue ;-)) x

Guest dazzzzler

Andy,

Sorry to say but an appearance from the GREAT Ben E King at this year's Butlins Weekender is not on the cards, as far as l know...

Regards

Dave

well shame bout ben e king,but rumours r that elvis might be in the building wink.gif:thumbsup: .

Hya Dave, i am so dissapointed i can't be there this weekend i was really looking forward to being your special guest DJ!!! but health as to come first :thumbsup: i hope it all goes well for you & all the people going, have a drink for me & say sorry to all for me,

all the best, Fozzie

Guest yorks old boys

well late start to my trip to butlins soul weekend but a stormer from start to finish the place was packed with soulies from all over ,and the djs came up trumps as well good sets from the skeggy crew dave and mick, yes the man coops with a class collection of cleethorps finest tunes some not played for 30plus years but played well into the early hours the next two mr nic nic and his side kick dougie this crew kept the floor full a big well done and the dancers were fantastic even the yockster was caught on the dance floor just one downside it was all over to soon :hatsoff2: many thanks dave and donna for a fantastic weekend see you in skeg april if not before

well late start to my trip to butlins soul weekend but a stormer from start to finish the place was packed with soulies from all over ,and the djs came up trumps as well good sets from the skeggy crew dave and mick, yes the man coops with a class collection of cleethorps finest tunes some not played for 30plus years but played well into the early hours the next two mr nic nic and his side kick dougie this crew kept the floor full a big well done and the dancers were fantastic even the yockster was caught on the dance floor just one downside it was all over to soon :hatsoff2: many thanks dave and donna for a fantastic weekend see you in skeg april if not before

Was lovely to see you and your good lady again Ken..... was a truly brilliant weekend yet again ... all rounded off by some great company. Was Diddys first taste of an East Coast Weekender but he really enjoyed it. We just need to get him away from that Modern stuff he insists on playing and we've cracked it!! lol :lol::lol::no::wave: x

Great weekender again, like you say Kenny, It went too quick, another couple of days would have about right - if me legs and wallet could stand the strain that is.

Enjoyed the Yockmeister's djing stints and the company of the Barnsley crew :thumbsup: ...........sorry we nicked your bacon Leggy & Michelle rolleyes.gif ..........had butties this morning........:thumbsup:no.gifno.gif

Was lovely to see you and your good lady again Ken..... was a truly brilliant weekend yet again ... all rounded off by some great company. Was Diddys first taste of an East Coast Weekender but he really enjoyed it. We just need to get him away from that Modern stuff he insists on playing and we've cracked it!! lol :thumbsup::thumbsup:biggrin.gifthumbsup.gif x

AAAAWWWWWWWWW NOOO no.gifno.gifno.gifno.gifno.gifno.gifno.gifwicked.gif

Was lovely to see you and your good lady again Ken..... was a truly brilliant weekend yet again ... all rounded off by some great company. Was Diddys first taste of an East Coast Weekender but he really enjoyed it. We just need to get him away from that Modern stuff he insists on playing and we've cracked it!! lol :):unsure::):) x

The more you deny yourself to the dark side the quicker it will get you. Diddy was like you once, but then the forces of Modern took hold of him. It will get you all eventually - there is no point resisting. One day you will all be with us on the Dark Sideph34r.gifph34r.gif - WHOOOO HAHAHAHAHAH (in a demonic kind of dracula laughing style)

Nice to see you both glad you had a good time, see you both very soon.

What a fantastic weekend , bril spots from , john poole , and yocky , dance floor full all the time , well and truely rocking :)

Great atmosphere, late bar every night , can't fault anything , roll on next year , well done to everybody involved with the set up :unsure: keep it up KTF xx

Edited by okeh4me
Guest dazzzzler

yes dave yet again top weekend, me n mags guna take few days to recover the body can only take so much,and my jaws aching with laughing,all djs did the bizzo,enjoyed all acts we got to see in other venues roll on next year :) .

Guest hurryup

Really enjoyed the weekend, ventured into the other venues as they're part of the weekend and they were full of people "letting their hair down and having fun, it's just a pity other soul weekenders have to be so serious :lol: when you get to our age, life's all about having FUN, FUN and more FUN :thumbsup::lol:

Great weekend yet again. Everyone in our party(40 of us) really enjoyed it.Here's to next year. Well done to Dave & Donna for all their hard work in making The Crazy Horse a great success, also thanks for letting me be part of a great Dj team!!!

Guest Barry Holland

Thanks to Dave and Donna for a great weekend,:shades: and thanks to Dave :ohmy: for asking me to do a spot saturday afternoon, much apprecieted. :lol: Thanks for everyone's support and kind and encouraging words.:wub: Had a great time with great friends,:ohmy: too many to mention, but especially our travelling companions, Frank and Julia.:ohmy: Hope to see you all soon, Barry and Ann, KGB, KTF.:no: :no: :D

Edited by Barry Holland

First time at Butlins for me :thumbsup: had a good laugh with even better company :yes: great to see all the April & september Skeggy goer`s and also met a few new people you know who you are :hatsoff2: Donna hope you panties come clean after the fright you had off the mad one :yes: now you know what i gotta put up with on a daily basis :yes::yes::D Thanx to mick & debbie for the loan of your caravan you are stars the pair of ya thumbsup.gif

Apart from the shit and obnoctious security ppl I had a very good time :yes: But prefer the modern soul one if to be honest :yes::yes: see Sonia the dark side gets us all in the end :yes::yes:

Laughed & laughed at Mr Kev Thomas aka ( I don`t do oldies ) double decking with Ian Seaman CLASS :D:thumbsup::yes:

Thanx dave & donna for a great weekend

See you in April

Julie xxxxx

had a great time this year once again but not doing it next year going to try something else

been to everyone since it started and to me its getting a bit jaded, same old over 50s overweight djs (lol)

maybe when we come back in 2013 the line ups might have changed , theres loads of great dj,s out there and dare I say it some crackin female dj,s

having said that really enjoyed it, hope the classic oldies format continues ,and hope to come back again

cheers b

Source Advert