INSTRUMENTAL - NAME?

grant

• Replies 16
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

No, i'm sure Gareth's right. I'm sure I heard it was Wizards Sleeve. Tho that might have been the artist. He debuted it down the 100 club. It went down a storm at Cleethorpes. I heard he paid a fortune for it. Nice to know there's still great stuff left to be discovered after 30 years. Where the hell did you get 'Casio' from Lisa?! You're going mad! They were a terrible 70's electro band out of Philadelphia with crap repetitive beats.

Social source share

Is it that backing track to Marva Lee (sounds a bit like Wizzard's Sleeve if you're actually wizzarding yourself) 'If You Can't Be True'. That's an acetate he paid a few bob for off JA-SB. It is heavy on the gorgonzola organ too. I'm sure the tanned one will fill us in when he returns from the Sierra Madre or wherever it is he's gone to.

Ady

Social source share

ANYONE REMEMBER AN INSTR. PLAYED I THINK AT WIGAN, WITH A RIFT THAT SOUNDS VERY SIMILAR TO 'AINT NOTHING BUT A HOUSEPARTY' - MAY EVEN HAVE BEEN C/UP AS THAT, DONT KNOW, ANYONE HELP PLEASE.

GRANT

and back to my original quest!!

Social source share

thanks ady i'll try and check that one out. came acroos the track on the (dare i mention it ) site ktfdownload.co.uk) if you type in wigan in the bix it comes up with wigan instrumentals, i thinks it is wigan instr. 1 have a listen see if you know it

Social source share

Paul, Thats It! Your bang on mate, just knew i kne wthe tune from somewher but couldnt put my finger on it, thought it was one of those late wigan c/up instrumentals that were knocking around, ah well never mind.

Grant

On the subject of instrumentals can anyone tell me if the instr. to 'Back Streets' by Edwin Starr is excatly the same as instr. by the Detroit Rythmn Section that was played at Stafford?

Cheers

Grant

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest micksmith

THE INSTRUMENTAL ACETATE I PLAYED AT CLEETHORPES/100 CLUB SATURDAY IS BY THE JIMMY BISHOP TRIO CALLED "A PART TIME LOVE". IT'S THE SAME BACKING TO MARVA LEE BUT WITHOUT THE SAX.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!