WANTED: Ree Flores "Look into my heart" on M+H

Guest James Trouble

Guest James Trouble

Can anybody get me a copy of this? I'll happily pay top dollar.

Thanks

James Trouble

jamestrouble@hotmail.com

Social source share

• Replies 24
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest James Trouble

That's what I think;-) I'd pay £500 for one (I think price guide says £400), just in case that would persuade anybody who is thinking of selling....

jamestrouble@hotmail.com

Social source share

Guest LeoLyxxx

Played it at home last night from the Stafford compilation on Goldmine, mind-blowing every time, those drums are so good.. imagine this loud on a dancefloor, i would probably throw myself into a fit or just freeze not knowing how to dance to it ;-)

But good luck JT!

best

Leo

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Drums on it are nice!!! Very funky;-)

I may also be able to trade as well, just in case someone out there has one.....

Social source share

The 'rarer' version by Little Willie Faulk went on ebay a couple

of months ago @ $1700 or something like that. Same label,

same backing and 'pretty much' the same vocals. Last copy I

saw for sale of Ree Flores was £1000 (!). Used to be 'cheap'

in the mid-80s or whatever... Or so the 'older and wiser' collectors

say... ;-)

Cheers

Christian B

Social source share

I think Ree Flores version is better than the Little Willie Faulkner one, better vocal on Ree Flores. The only advantage with the LWF is that it seemed to be vinyl whilst the Ree Flores ones I've seen were styrene. Great record but a tad fast and tricky to dance to, for most people. I have heard it out loud many times, Bob Hinsley has played it every time I have heard him DJ + some of our guests over here have also played it. Good tune, but not a record I would keep myself, so I'll be glad to sell it to anyone of you, if I should happen to find one:-)

Social source share

Guest marco

Oi! Get in line James!

Ree Flores definitely the stronger vocal...not that there's much in it. Too fast? Hmmm, perhaps you've been taking the wrong *!$%'s, Christian?

"Not a record I'd keep myself"...my mind is well and truly boggled.

Vynil vs Styrene....is this what it has come to?

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Yeah, but which one tastes bitter???

I don't know which one does taste like bitter?

Just a thought if Styrene tasted like bitter would Vinyl taste like God's own Stella Artois (or Wife beater as it's affectionately known)

John

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Re Flores is on vinyl. Don't think I've ever seen one on styrene. I sold one to Adey Potts last year for about half of what people are quoting it at now.

Oh well... we live, but some of us never learn.

That's as maybe Gareth but did it taste of Bitter or Beater?

I'll get me coat now....................

Social source share

The ones I saw looked very much like styrene, nothing remarkable if both materials exist though I think. Vinyl tastes and smells better, styrene tastes foul:-) I do like it Marco, but not enough to warrant spending £500 or whatever it sells for. There are other things which are higher on my priority list. I'm quite happy to hear it out every now and then, played by someone else. On the occasions I heard it in the UK it almost completely cleared the floor, every time, with only myself and maybe one or two others staying on, trying to work out to it. The floor reacted positevely to it on the occasions that guest-DJ's of ours played it over here though. It kinda reminds me of "Manifesto", and other rock-soul fusion type sounds.

Social source share

I may be going a bit off-topic here, but I can't agree that any money spent on Stella is a good idea. It's gotta be the worst lager in the world. The Belgians must be laughing at us. Do you think it's brewed and distributed by the same Popcorn dealers who take thousands of orders for non-existent records and then scarper with the cash?

Social source share

A bit like Heineken and many others (sadly most swedish beers too) in that it is like the old "making love in a canoe" joke...

Social source share

I may be going a bit off-topic here, but I can't agree that any money spent on Stella is a good idea. It's gotta be the worst lager in the world.

Couldn't agree more Gareth. And it give you a bloody headache before you've even finished the first one. disgusting stuff...

... unlike ree flores which is brill (back on topic!)

Social source share

Guest marco

Aha! So it is you Gareth! And Christian...that's more of a condemnation of the British soul scene than it is the record...that's half the f!@&ing problem!..most of the !**£'s on the scene would rather dance to Barbara Dane or Party Time Man than Ree Flores. But somewhere out there...(cue flutes, moog and shimmery visuals)

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Rees Flores clears the floor!?!?!?!?! That's very disturbing:-(

Maybe if the DJ had said "this one was massive at Wigan...."

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

It was a snipe at the the 'if i don't know it it can't be any good brigade'! ( have a read of the 'accross the board' topic)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!