soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 6
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest James Trouble

With the greatest respect, I believe you're blue vinyl issue of Family of Eve on Full Sail is not an original, but a 3rd pressing.

Still a tough one to pick up, but certainly not an original.

Social source share

With the greatest respect, I believe you're blue vinyl issue of Family of Eve on Full Sail is not an original, but a 3rd pressing.

Still a tough one to pick up, but certainly not an original.

Hi James,

it is certainly the second label (first of course came out on Jeree) but definitely an original pressed up around the same time. Us based Uk dealer Dave Withers but met up with someone involved with the record label who issued both Jeree and Full Sail issues and got piles of both + their other for me almost as good double sider "Having it so bad for you" b/w "I don't want to pay" (only released on Full Sail). This was back in the late 90's and all the copies have since sunk into collections making it, like you said, very hard to find.

Regards,

Karl

Social source share

Hi James,

I have to disagree here. It is not a bootleg therefore it is a original (even though it was previously pressed up on another label.) If you want to mark words maybe the correct thing to state is "second label original". Don't know what you get 3rd pressing from?

This being the case with many modern and northern 45's I don't know what it is you are trying to say. An example that springs to mind is a Paul Sindab track that appears on three different labels, all being originals for different Us markets. Don't know the full story behind Family of Eve other than it was the same people who was behind both labels, that it was not a big time span inbetween and that both were fully legimate.

Btw the Full Sail have sold twice on ebay at around £ 380 and Jeree recently for the equivalent of £478 - both a tad too expensive I would say but being hugely indemand in several collector scenes I don't think it is that strange.

Regards,

Karl

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

With the greatest respect, Jeree is the original, and then there is the full sail black and blue vinyl issues. The full sail blue vinyl is either the 2nd or 3rd pressing.

Jeree is the original. You even say full sail is the second label yourself, so how can it be an original?

Good luck in the auction though, I'm sure you'll do well;-)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!