soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 4
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Ian Levine once told me it had the best Northern Soul track ever on it. I like it but not that much, it's good pop Northern.

Ady

I agree with one of them views, tell you which one once got rid :)

Going by her past writing/producing credits with pam saywer was bit suprised that is not more widely known.

anyway here's a soundbite of it , does sound better to me with volume applied

(right click link and choose save as)

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

stumbled across the below bits about lori burton

Together with Pam Sawyer, Lori Burton formed one of the better New York pop/rock songwriting teams of the 1960s, although not too many of their songs were widely known hits. Their "I Ain't Gonna Eat Out My Heart Anymore" gave the Rascals their first chart entry; "Baby Let's Wait," also done by the Rascals, gave the Royal Guardsmen a hit; Patti LaBelle & the Blue Bells did "All or Nothing"; and Prince Harold did "Forget About Me." Burton and Sawyer were briefly signed to Motown as songwriters and were one of the few (if not the only) female production teams on the New York rock scene in the mid-'60s. Burton was also a recording artist and is most known as the lead voice on the Whyte Boots' "Nightmare," one of the most accurate approximations of the Shangri-Las ever recorded. She was also a very credible blue-eyed pop-soul singer, though, with a low and sometimes raunchy voice. She began recording as a solo act for Roulette in the mid-'60s and in 1967, issued a hard-to-find album, Breakout, on Mercury. That LP was impressive, well-produced pop-soul with New York's sophisticated brand of pop-rock production, and it is unfortunate that Burton did not have the chance to develop further as a recording act in her own right. Burton and her husband, recording engineer Roy Cicala, began writing and producing together in the late '60s. Cicala became a top engineer in the industry and owner of the Record Plant (East) Studios in New York City, working on several John Lennon albums. Burton sang backup vocals on Lennon's "#9 Dream" in the mid-'70s, and recorded some tracks around that time that Lennon helped produce with Cicala. A couple of these numbers, which are poor disco-style tunes, appear on the CD packaged with Kristofer Engelhardt's book Beatles Undercover, which documents the Beatles' appearances on records by other artists

post-4-1088975658_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!