Sleepless Nights Dublin - August Shindig

Guest JoeMoran

Guest JoeMoran

:thumbsup: Big night had by all in the Hub on Friday. Place was buzzing from an early hour and when i left at 1:30 they were still arriving. Dancelfoor was chocka whislt i was there and the soul slanted graphics created a cool club atmosphere - the managemnt also pulled out all the stops and the place looked so cool it was amazing - Silke tried to get some photos but the Mood lighting meant the gaff was too dark to get any sort of pictures - Michael Fuchs set was great - didnt get to hear the Other Mike's set but sunday morning texts indicated that it was v. strong - hopefully next time he gets over i'll be allowed hang around to hear his wares. Lots of new faces about the place (and the ususal suspects - Wendy was v. prominent from the outset and got the talc organsied onto the floor) This night really has an event Atmosphere - definitely be one to watch on the Dublin dance scene.

Also there for the night was Shimmy - the director from THAT film who was on a recce mission - i overheard him saying that the cameras may be there next month - anyone confirm?

Next months guest is the redoubtable Paul Grant from Clonmel

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Friday was my first time in Sleepless @ The Hub. What an incredible venue, congratulations to Danny for spoiling us rotten with a great sound system and a nice floor. Apologies about the talc but the floor seemed a bit sticky to start off with. Paul Grant next month? WAHOO!

Social source share

Go raibh maith agat as an o­che iich :fool:

:P just got back home from a very entertaining and therefore somewhat exhausting weekend on that island. The Hub is a great venue, kinda taylormade for a soulnight. Thanks for that warm welcome, the cold beer and generally for having me on there at all :thumbsup: . Even though I had this kinda John-Weston-esque experience with me box :D . The djs and everybody involved did a great job and by carrying on that way i think you should be able to keep the club management happy and i can see many a good night coming on there. I strongly recommend this club to any travelling soulster, if you like the 100, you'll love this place :shhh:

It also looks like i'll be attending more frequently towards the end of the year :thumbsup: I will definately be back in October, any dates already confirmed ?

Probably posting some pics lateron.

Sl¡n go f³ill !

Michael

Social source share

Guest JoeMoran

Go raibh maith agat as an o­che iich :fool:

Probably posting some pics lateron. 

Sl¡n go f³ill !

Michael

link

Guten Tag Herr Fuchs

- a pleasure to have you in Dublin and great to hear that you are back in the Autumn - the dates for the rest of the year are :

September 16 (Paul Grant Clonmel)

October 21 (Pete Hulatt/Hammy from Kempston Rovers England)

November 18 (Joe Moran/Paul Bennett from Worcestor England)

December 16 Christmas Bash

January 20 2006 - Annual Oldies Nite

Danke shon - auf weidersehn

Social source share

Guest JoeMoran

Friday was my first time in Sleepless @ The Hub. What an incredible venue, congratulations to Danny for spoiling us rotten with a great sound system and a nice floor. Apologies about the talc but the floor seemed a bit sticky to start off with. Paul Grant next month? WAHOO!

link

Hey wendy - talc was cool tho i did almost go arse over tit whislt trying some 'special' moves - Next month should be a bit special with Paul and no doubt he'll ahve the clonmel crew along too - YAY another big party.

the venue is pretty cool isnt it?

Social source share

Hey wendy - talc was cool tho i did almost go arse over tit whislt trying some 'special' moves - Next month should be a bit special with Paul and no doubt he'll ahve the clonmel crew along too - YAY another big party.

the venue is pretty cool isnt it?

link

'SPECIAL' moves??!! :P:thumbsup::thumbsup:

That must have been before I arrived!! Have to agree, a BRILLIANT venue,

great atmosphere, the sounds were great and a pat on the back to Danny for the great find. Cannot wait for next month's.........

The d.j's did a great job too. Don't know who played The Nu-rons but you MADE my night, cheers :shhh:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!