Live It Up Soul Night Review

Just recovering from another exceptional Soul Night at The Corner Pocket, Walsden, nr Todmorden, Lancs.

The DJ crew continued from where they left off last month to amaze and satisfy the demands of the 'real' soul fan at this great new venue.

Full praise for the choice and selection of the music played, semi known, underplayed and long forgotten oldies, a healthy smattering of 70s and 80s, RnB, quality Motown, all mixed together with some top album selections sprinkled with a handful of popular and current tracks to bake a real soul banquet for soul fans to feast upon!

It is so refreshing to be at a venue and not know what is gonna be played next!!

Sounds that I can remember include both sides of the Celestrals on Don-el (Chequerboard Lover never sounded as good, now theres one for some serious re-activation) Shirley Lawson 'So much to me', Jesse Johnson 'Left Out', Jimmy Ruffin 'How can I say im Sorry'

I meant to make a note of more of the tracks but I was having such a great night which just flew by...

£3 entrance, reasonable bar prices, friendly crowd and DJ's

Next one Friday July 30th 8pm till late.....Lets see some more bodies through the door....see you there....

Cheers Paul

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi Paul,

Any chance you could let us know who the DJ's were sounds like a good night

cheers

Chris

Sorry, I forgot to name DJs, im a bit rough, too many Shandys........

Regular DJ team, Ste Andrew, Smila, Tony P, next month guest DJ is Brian Walker

• 2 weeks later...