Sad News - Lynn Davis

Full article: Sad News - Lynn Davis.

This news really hit me hard...Lynn Davis was a good freind and we all feel very low...I will see all the others soon and its gonna be a very sad day and lots of tears..I will play a tune this Sat to remember Lynn... I was just putting a poster together to have Lynn play in Manchester soon and then this news...

I hope Ady/Lisa/Gareth/Catrina/Matt/Richard and all the others stay strong and i will see you all very soon...

all my love

steve...

Edited by little-stevie
Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest CapitolSC

Just to say thanks to everyone who has sent there best wishes to Ady and Lynnes family.

As soon as the funeral details are known i will put the details up here and on the 6ts website

Any condolences or cards can be sent direct to

Ady Lupton

16 james campbell hse

old ford rd

bethnal green

London

e2 9qe.

Thanks for all the kind messages that Ady and Family have Received.

All the best

Alan H

Social source share

This very sad news has sent shock waves over the soul and mod scenes. Lynn was a sparkling presence at any event and will be greatly missed. I was lucky to be a friend outside the scene too, and spent many drunken evenings at her house battling against her in a game of celebrity, which she always had to win. She was a great influence on me with music, clothes and general style. I'm grateful for knowing her.

PM me for her Mum's address

post-1327-1124837327_thumb.jpg

Edited by lisahurley
Social source share

I have rough details of Lynn's funeral in order to get feed back on who can attend.

It's Friday week, the 2nd of September, at 11:30 in the morning, it is in Gloucester and, on making brief travel enquiries it is much better to drive as the trains from London are extremely expensive at that time in the morning. It takes nearly three hours to drive from Holloway, and two on the train from Paddington. Car pooling would be best, Trickster may have room in his car, also worth asking Will and Tony Smith.

Please e-mail me at ambaflash@yahoo.com if you think you can attend, just so Sylvia can know what kind of numbers for the wake.

Social source share

As an addition to the above, we're in the process of putting together the music for Lynn's funeral service.

Does anyone out there have a decent quality MP3 of Betty Wilson "I'm Yours" on Dayco? Any help would be greatly appreciated: it was one of Lynn's Desert Island Discs.

Please PM me for my email address if you can help in any way.

gareth.

Edited by garethx
Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

As an addition to the above, we're in the process of putting together the music for Lynn's funeral service.

Does anyone out there have a decent quality MP3 of Betty Wilson "I'm Yours" on Dayco? Any help would be greatly appreciated: it was one of Lynn's Desert Island Discs.

Please PM me for my email address if you can help in any way.

gareth.

link

This is gonna be a tough day for all concerned , Lynn was a good friend and will be deeply missed by all that knew her.

The song I'll always remember Lynn by is Betty Moorer "speed up" and her elation at finally securing Judy Freeman's "hold on".

Forever in my heart

Richard

Social source share

I'm trying my best to get over for Lynn's funeral. If anyone in the Liverpool area intends driving to Gloucester Friday morning could you please pm me. I can find my own way back but the train times are such that I cant make it in time for the mass....if I cant get over I hope to see some of you at the 100 Club anniversary where I'll be saying my goodbyes to Lynn

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert