More help... Please

Can anybody help?

Trying to find Johnny Taylor's version of 'Tripping on your love' on vinyl. I believe this is album only. Anybody got one for sale?

Also:

John Edwards - 'Ain't that good enough', was this ever issued on vinyl?

Calvin Grayson - 'You've got to be willing' on In Records, have been after one for years!

Bernard Smith - 'Never gonna let you go' on Spectrum Records, situation pretty similar to above.

I have many records for sale, so please contact me with wants, etc.

Email: l_l_m_w@hotmail.com

Mark

Social source share

• Replies 28
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Calvin Grayson - 'You've got to be willing' on In Records, have been after one for years!

The last one on e-bay was £512 (cheap IMO). The other side "Loves Just Begun" gettting spins and have heard "YGTBW" out once or twice.

Social source share

Fantastic double sider!

Unfortunately for you, this is at the top of most wants lists at the moment!

I was really lucky and got mine for £450 a few months ago.

Makes a nice change for someone else to list it for this side, everyone else seems to prefer Love's Just Begun.

I played YGTBW twice at Cleethorpes and hardly got any reaction on the dancefloor

Maybe next time I should announce it as being the "other" side just to fool em'

Jodie x

Social source share

£450? Wow! I didn't realise I'd have to pay that much for it, I know Janine stated one making £512, but I thought this was a little high after seeing it listed at £250-300 (few years ago, though). I wasn't too impressed by 'Love's Just Begun', other side did it for me!

Got another few queries...

-How much is Ann Sexton making on Impel nowadays, I know the price is £200 in Kev Roberts' 'Top 500' but has price dropped, shot up, or what?

-What about Inmates 'This Is The Day' on Kopit? First heard this on Manship's R.O.T.R. - Great innit?!

Let me know.

Social source share

£450? Wow! I didn't realise I'd have to pay that much for it, I know Janine stated one making £512, but I thought this was a little high after seeing it listed at £250-300 (few years ago, though). I wasn't too impressed by 'Love's Just Begun', other side did it for me!

I tried to buy one of a dealer about very late 80's, maybe very early 90's at the 100 club but he'd sold it for £300 back then. £512 cheap IMO for a mint copy. Rate nearer £700. Very indemand amongst collectors and dj's.

Social source share

The one that went for £512 was on e-bay and if I remember rightly went to a well known collector not shy in parting with the cash. Seeing his name on the list of bidders probably frightened other bidders off knowing they would probably be wasting their time bidding ;-)

Social source share

Got another few queries...

-How much is Ann Sexton making on Impel nowadays, I know the price is £200 in Kev Roberts' 'Top 500' but has price dropped, shot up, or what?

-What about Inmates 'This Is The Day' on Kopit? First heard this on Manship's R.O.T.R. - Great innit?!

Let me know.

Inmates is about £800. Ann Sexton about right at £200 although it's a hard one to get.

Social source share

You guys all seem to have a rough idea of values etc., but if there's one you're stumped on visit POPSIKE.COM. They list 1,000s of rare titles (all vinyl) auctioned at eBay and other auction sites. In fact, I think I found a link via this site. Try it, though, it's great!!

Social source share

You guys all seem to have a rough idea of values etc., but if there's one you're stumped on visit POPSIKE.COM. They list 1,000s of rare titles (all vinyl) auctioned at eBay and other auction sites. In fact, I think I found a link via this site. Try it, though, it's great!!

Whislt a records value is what someone is willing to pay, auctions are not always a true reflection of the "real world" prices and /or rarity. Indemand records often fetch silly prices, way above what they should be while genuine rare records often fail to attract bids or reach the reserve.

E-bay more often than not used by sellers to cash in on current indemanders and you can't blame them really if some are daft enough to pay the prices :-/

Social source share

Re the Bernard Williams on Sepctrum, how much does this go for now? I had one but lent it to someone who then, no fault of ther own, dissapeared off scene, I am still crying for it. One of the many tips by the legendary Andy Whitmore (or was it Mrs Whitmore) when crossover still hadnt a name.

Would desperately like that back, any ideas thats not going to have me trying to flog my 2 dead grannies?

Cheers

Jock

Social source share

Guest Kolla

Fir chrisst sake - how did you find this site, Jock ? I want you on your bestest behaviour, laddie.

And may I remind you that you already traded one of your grannies for my copy of Kathy Kirby's "Secret Love " on Decca. :):)

Social source share

Somebody told me this site was the place to find an attractive, witty, intelligent, knowledgable, soulful and posh Scottish girl.

They also said that Kolla was on it as well.

I have done all my bad behaviour on another site where I have been trying to do some English baiting re footie, it worked for a while but they soon realised ignoring me meant they won.

Anyway back on topic, info re the Bernard Williams anyone ?? Would love a copy back, it would make my sick granny a very happy woman.

Cheers

Jock

PS Was there not someone on the scene (from ormskirk?) called Kathy Kirby? Mel can you confirm?

Social source share

Re the Bernard Williams on Sepctrum, how much does this go for now? I had one but lent it to someone who then, no fault of ther own, dissapeared off scene, I am still crying for it. One of the many tips by the legendary Andy Whitmore (or was it Mrs Whitmore) when crossover still hadnt a name.

Would desperately like that back, any ideas thats not going to have me trying to flog my 2 dead grannies?

Cheers

Jock

£300 to £400 these days I'm afraid. Hard one to get hold of these days. Last one I think was on Shifty's at £400.

Social source share

Thanks Janine, was scared about that (of course I now notice my deliberate mistake, its Bernard Smith), makes the £10 I gave to Andy seem a bit mean.

Another on the virtual wants list then (as in virtually no chance of getting it a decent price!)

Cheers

Jock

Jock

Social source share

Thanks Janine, was scared about that (of course I now notice my deliberate mistake, its Bernard Smith), makes the £10 I gave to Andy seem a bit mean.

Another on the virtual wants list then (as in virtually no chance of getting it a decent price!)

Cheers

Jock

Jock

Didn't notice the deliberate mistake Jock but I knew what you meant ;-)

Social source share

Can you help me with some more please?

I have just bought E.J. & The Echos - 'Treat Me Right' on Diamond Jim, but the record no. and flip side are different to the Mansip listed 45. What's up with this and what's it worth should it be a real 'un?

Another thing... Detroit Soul 'All Of My Life' (please see scan attachment), is this real? I have seen yellow and red ones but never one like this. Is it an original?

Thanks

Social source share

Can you help me with some more please?

I have just bought E.J. & The Echos - 'Treat Me Right' on Diamond Jim, but the record no. and flip side are different to the Mansip listed 45. What's up with this and what's it worth should it be a real 'un?

Another thing... Detroit Soul 'All Of My Life' (please see scan attachment), is this real? I have seen yellow and red ones but never one like this. Is it an original?

Thanks

Detroit Soul should have "Mastered By Frankford & Wayne" stamped in the run out groove.

As for EJ & Echoes can't help you there I'm afraid.

Social source share

Yes it does, but drop me your email and I'll send you a scan. The label is totally different to anything I've ever seen...

I have received your scan but there is no colour to it, almost black (can you send a colour one in jpeg format?). From what I can see it looks like originals I've seen before, maybe someone else can confirm one way or the other. Wasn't there a couple of different designs? The red ones are boots aren't they?

Social source share

I can tell you here that the label is gold so scans as very dark green/border line black. Taking this into consideration, there is really no point sending you the scan again.

Any news on the little Johnny taylor??

I've recently recieved a copy of the Poppies' "Pain in my Heart", on Totem instead of Epic. I believe this is a rare/local/first release of this tune. Can you (or anyone) tell me more? The label is white with pink logo (I would have attached scan but my my scanner's playing up)

Ta,

Billy

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!