Mark Bicknell's record at Luton on Saturday

Guest James Trouble

Guest James Trouble

If Mark is reading this, or if anybody else knows, there was a record that Mark played that I think he told me was "I need your love" (unusual name for a soul record that one!). But I can't for the life of me remember the the name of the band/artist. He told me it was worth around £100-200, and it was one of the first records he played.

Any details would be gratefully received...

Cheers

JT

Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Johnny One Trout

I would have guessed at the Patterson Twins on Malaco but he is way under on valuation and i'm not sure whether Mark would drop that at the start of a Northern Set so it probably isn't :oO

John

Not the greatest help in the world ;o)))

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

It wasn't the Paterson Twins Johnny. It was northern. An uptempo dancer. It may well have been the Dynamics, but still not 100% sure. I guess I'll have to give Mr Bicknell a ring....

BTW Johnny, got the CD today. one or two noice bits on there I'll be adding to my wants list;-) good to see you shining the 'everything is shite after 1968' touch. You're such a wind up!

what's you r address, i'll send you one of my 'everything is shite unless it is 60's 4 to the floor' CDs. :-S

Social source share

JT THERE ARE TWO BRILLIANT UPTEMPO TUNES GO BY THE WAY OF 'I NEED YOUR LOVE' - THE INTERTAINS (UPTOWN) & THE MASTERS (NOT SURE OFLABEL). BOTH ARE BRILLIANT & THERE IS AN INTERTAINS ON J MANSHIPAT MOMENT FOR £200 (HAS AUDIO CLIP). THE DYNAMICS TRACK YOU CAN HEAR ON SOULCLUB.ORG, THE MASTERS TRACK ON KTFDOWNLOAD.COM ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE MASTERS IS ON AND VALUE? ALSO COUPLE OF SUPERB MID-TEMPO TRACKS WITH SAME/SIMILAR TITLE WORTH CHECKING OUT :

TIM -I NEED YOUR LOVE

GENE REDDING - I NEED YOUR LOVIN' (BELL) BRILLIANT!

CHUCK CORBY & ENTREES - I NEED YOUR LOVE (FEE BEE)

HAPPY HUNTING!!

GRANT

Social source share

via contact us

Company Mark Bicknell DJ Services

Location Manchester

Comments

Luton Spin - In Reply To James.

Yes it was The Dynamics - I Need Your Love B/W Love Me on RCA Victor - fantastic double header as first played via Butch aka Mark Dobson a few years ago i think, infact i bought mine from him several years ago for £75.00, hard to value such a quality record but i've seen it for around £200.00 plus recently could be a little more, white demo's seem to be eaiser to find over the black stock issue copies which i've only seen in Tim Brown's play box, but i'm sure they are out there but very rare.

Hope this helps, and well done to Sean and Pete Luton was fantastic, superb infact.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Guest LeoLyxxx

Could it have been The Phillharmonics 'I Need, I Need Your Love' on Soulin?

but thats more like a 25£ record...?

If its northern it can't be Gene Redding either, that one is very xover i would say..

best

Leo

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

the dynamics is not on soulclub at the moment, i think they lost a load of files a while back. it's defo not the intertains, unless i was very very drunk. i can't get into ktfdownload.com :-/

Thanks for you're help!!!!

Just seen Mark's email.... That'll be the one then, the Dynamics. What a great track!!!! I think that was the first time I'd heard that, it really grabbed me from the first bar.

Thanks for your help everybody!

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Could it have been The Phillharmonics 'I Need, I Need Your Love' on Soulin?

Nope. I've got that record already, only worth £20 or so, although i does sound liek it should be worth alot more;-)

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

dynamics - i need your love - was it a butch discovery? first heard it at warrington parr hall all-niter circa 1985

JT - the Doni Burdick track 'Candle' has the same backing track as the Dynamics.

grant

Thanks Grant, I'll check that one out as well. Is it easier to find than the dynamics?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!