Gayle Adams

Guest ShaneH

Guest ShaneH

I know the 7" is going for silly money now but what about the 12" on UK EPIC?

Can anyone give me a rough value?

thanks

Shane

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 11
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Johnny One Trout

Tuppence Ha'penny??? No i think that has also sold for silly money Manship auctioned a white label 12 on his auction a while back.

John

Social source share

Guest ShaneH

horrible record in my opinion but I managed to pick one up at a silly price on the other end of the scale and I want to sell it.

May give it to my mate who does the odd spot at weddings! lol

Shane

Social source share

Guest j a c k o

A silly money record with no logical reason why it fetches such ridiculous prices. I guess it's a case that people will pay big bucks to have the record there and then. For a cheaper alternative you can pick up the album for next to nothing. I got mine in 82ish as a new release and don't think I played it till earlier this year. More of the same on it if that's your cup of tea. Personally I find that type of sound a bit dated which hasn't really stood the test of time like other "disco" classics like Alan Harris and Alfie Davison:-)

Best

Jacko

Social source share

Guest LeoLyxxx

i've said this a million and one times but why this tune? Can't see any logic, it's like paying a kings ransom for Michael Jacksons "thriller" or a Lambada cd single..

Ok thebGayle Adams track is ok disco but still these prices.. wacko methinks..

Well IMO anyway ;-)

all the best

Leo

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

A silly money record with no logical reason why it fetches such ridiculous prices. I guess it's a case that people will pay big bucks to have the record there and then. For a cheaper alternative you can pick up the album for next to nothing. I got mine in 82ish as a new release and don't think I played it till earlier this year. More of the same on it if that's your cup of tea. Personally I find that type of sound a bit dated which hasn't really stood the test of time like other "disco" classics like Alan Harris and Alfie Davison:-)

Best

Jacko

Alan Harris i don't know anything by an Alan Harris what is it???

Now give me Bill Harris - Am I cold, am I hot - RCA anyday super duper record and i suppose Alfie is OK although a bit tired after too many hammerings on the dancefloor ;o))

John

Social source share

"Honest John" - threw this up to site via the "report post" function by mistake

Topic: Gayle Adams

------------------------------------------------

Link to post: https://www.soul-source.co.uk/ipboard...st=0entry8008

Report:

The Four Tops would sound better at weddings, bar mitzvahs (hope I spelled that right), funerals..........anywhere in fact!!!

John

Social source share

Guest ShaneH

i picked up the 7" from a US online store the other day. The guy told me it is on a boot label called 'PRO'. I may have misheard him though. I know the original is PRELUDE.

Strange one to be booted though. Anyone shed any light on it? I paid $2.

Shane

Social source share

"Honest John" - threw this up to site via the "report post" function by mistake

Topic: Gayle Adams

Link to post: https://www.soul-source.co.uk/ipboard...st=0entry8008

Report:

The Four Tops would sound better at weddings, bar mitzvahs (hope I spelled that right), funerals..........anywhere in fact!!!

John

Yes........sorry about that!!!!!!!!

Honest John

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!